• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

As always, no sources from barbos that have not already been proven to be putinista crackpots.

They did not beat anyone. Russians forces near Kiev simply left.
And before you ask, no, there was never any plans to actually attack Kiev.
I already talked about that. Well, parroted US military experts who said there was not enough forces to even dream actual attack on Kiev, that was nothing but a diversion.

Barbos is right about one thing. Russian forces simply left miles and miles of wrecked tanks, trucks, dead Russian soldiers, and other equipment. It was worth it to teach the Ukrainians a lesson, even if they needed to dig trenches in contaminated land around Chernobyl and irradiate some of their troops. They showed that they could occupy some suburbs of Kyiv for a few weeks and butcher helpless Ukrainian civilians, but why would anyone actually interpret that as an attempt to "attack Kyiv"? They were just dabbling around Kyiv to make the point that they really didn't want to take the city and were willing to sacrifice all those soldiers and all that equipment to prove it.

What is funny is that Zelensky has masterfully controlled the narrative on this. Being a comedian, he is gifted in communication, and he has shown the ability to continue to keep the world engaged. Putin might be winning the propaganda war in Russia, but he generally isn't outside of Russia.
Not surprising, considering that russian media is not allowed anywhere now.
Which by the way begs the question, what are you so afraid of?
Okay, so Zelensky has managed to pull off keeping the world engaged, but only because Russian Media isn't being taken seriously globally?
As a russian speaker I find that Ze the clown (and he IS a clown)...
He is a comedian.
...a bit too clownish for a leader. But in that video there is clearly more going on than his inner clown.
Yeah, you didn't actually say anything there, just repeated assertion that professional comedian is a clown.
As for Putin, he actually never had a chance. He was labelled a KGB agent on the day one. I clearly remember it. We were driving to a club with other american student and she asked me about Putin. My english was not so good and she really butchered his last name. I said "what? who?" It took a while for me to get what she was asking.

So yeah, the only thing she was concerned about was KGB thing. So no, he never had a chance.
Well, that anecdote definitely proves that the Russia invasion of Ukraine was justified and Zelensky is a clown.
Ze is a conscious effort on the part of western Media. And he looks like he is on drugs in a lot of videos.
Amount of sleep he gets, I don't think I'd look much better. But at least the Russia economy is going to step up with all that body bag production going into full swing. I mean, yes, Russia won't recognize those deaths and they'll just be another secret, but the GDP will step up for that at least.

Did someone pour coffee over Barbo's motherboard? He's becoming more and more incoherent.
More incoherent than the "leader" of the "Free" World?

or this guy:

Some wondered about white powder on the desk. Experts in the field say it can't be cocaine, because they actually don't do it that way. But nobody knows what it was.

Pretty remarkable that Zelensky and his people were able to beat the mighty Russian military in Kyiv. Against incredible odds. It always warms my heart when bullys are beaten back!

I already talked about that. Well, parroted US military experts who said there was not enough forces to even dream actual attack on Kiev, that was nothing but a diversion.

Not a diversion... a bluff. And Ukraine didn't fold. The "Clown" did retreat. So Russia had to actually try to win, and they didn't. Russia is holding back a lot with aerial bombardments, but their ground game has been utterly pathetic.

Okay, so Zelensky has managed to pull off keeping the world engaged, but only because Russian Media isn't being taken seriously globally?
No. First, not the whole world, just western world. Second, he is merely a neocon puppet. Russian media is being actively suppressed, using all kinds of means.
Well, that anecdote definitely proves that the Russia invasion of Ukraine was justified and Zelensky is a clown.
No. It just illustrates that KGB agent was a perfect excuse for cold war neocon cunts to continue their profitable employment at the expense of US tax payers and now Ukrainian lives. They are OK with destroying a country just to keep themselves employed. You don't seriously believe that US presidents decide anything, let alone 80 year old Biden, do you?

Amount of sleep he gets, I don't think I'd look much better. But at least the Russia economy is going to step up with all that body bag production going into full swing. I mean, yes, Russia won't recognize those deaths and they'll just be another secret, but the GDP will step up for that at least.
You honestly believe that?
Seriously?

Not a diversion... a bluff. And Ukraine didn't fold. The "Clown" did retreat.
Yep, diversion and a bluff. And it almost worked.
Says the guy to the group of teens and their large dog with a speech impediment.
I am glad you agreed that there was no plan to take Kiev with that tiny amoubnt of people.
Based on the dead senior brass up front in the column, your statement is wrong.

No. First, not the whole world, just western world.
...and the eastern world.
Russian media is being actively suppressed, using all kinds of means.
Yes, Putin is suppressing the Russian media. Arresting people, threatening people, passing laws about how the invasion can be termed.
You honestly believe that?
Seriously?
How would you know otherwise? With the Russian Media suppressed by Putin, you wouldn't know if anyone died because the press isn't even allowed to call this a war. If you can't call it a war, you think they'll provide you with accurate numbers of Russians killed?

Not a diversion... a bluff. And Ukraine didn't fold. The "Clown" did retreat.
Yep, diversion and a bluff. And it almost worked.
Says the guy to the group of teens and their large dog with a speech impediment.
What?

I am glad you agreed that there was no plan to take Kiev with that tiny amount of people.
Based on the dead senior brass up front in the column, your statement is wrong.
That's your estimate algorithm? really?

...and the eastern world.
Nope, just Japan and SK, both of which are US puppets.
How would you know otherwise? With the Russian Media suppressed by Putin, you wouldn't know if anyone died because the press isn't even allowed to call this a war.
What do you mean? They (military) report losses, and press is allowed to parrot that.
Press is not allowed to parrot Ukrainian propaganda garbage as anything other than propaganda garbage.
Now, in Ukraine their government is hiding losses for financial reasons.
We have one moderately professional and well equipped army fighting un-professional and poorly equipped army with no air support.

Looks like Pootey is taking steps to cleanse the inner circle. Killing off a half dozen power brokers and a few of their families should give at least a little pause to anyone thinking of trying to remove him.

Last week, within 48 hours of each other, two Russian oligarchs were found dead alongside their families in what investigators are labelling murder-suicides. Since the start of 2022, four other Russia-connected oligarchs have mysteriously died by suicide.

OTOH it’s just business as usual:

In 2017, USA Today released a report that found that 38 high-profile Russians died or went missing in a three-year time span.
Clintons are just as bad. And they spray chemtrails.

Former US ambassador talks about Ukraine.
Sufficient to say he essentially agrees with ...... Putin.

No, he doesn't. Not in any of the points that matter. He says that the Ukraine's problems were internal, that Putin is an unprovoked aggressor, and while USA did the same in Iraq, it in no way makes what Putin is doing right.

Matlock is an old cold war era crank. He and Mearsheimer are both cynical appeasers who'd gladly throw Ukraine and any other country under the bus. I watched the whole 1 hours 10 minute conversation and while there were good points, especially by the other panelists, these two are simply wrong.

We have one moderately professional and well equipped army fighting un-professional and poorly equipped army with no air support.
Well to be fair, the lack of air support is probably due to fear that the Ukrainians would embarrass the un-professional and poorly equipped Russians still further by shooting down their planes.

Well to be fair, the lack of air support is probably due to fear that the Ukrainians would embarrass the un-professional and poorly equipped Russians still further by shooting down their planes.

That is so unfair. Russia still has plenty of military equipment that the Ukrainians have not destroyed, and it is sending it there as fast as it can. New conscripts are on the way, too.

Everybody forgot Bucha?
Well, I have not been following that story for a while. Apparently it was proven that satellite images were fake. So no 3 weeks old bodies on the road, they are all from April 1. And you need to thank Ukrainian programmer who can determine a date of the picture by analyzing shadows. And then Turkey being a NATO member got real pictures with no bodies.
What are you blathering about? Who "proved" that the Maxar images were fake? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, so give us a link to these "real pictures with no bodies".

Putin has said he is doing just what the USA does. I agree the invasion of Iraq by GWB was bogus ad there is certainly reason to think he was at least partly motivated by the assassination attempt on his father. In this case the country gor cought up in a wave of patriotism. Duispte clear warning signals the media did not do much criticizing and questioning.

One of the few times I sent email to he WH was to object to invading Iraq.

The infamous statement by Colin Powell of a falsehood at the UN on WMD in Iraq should be online. It is an open quetion as to when the administration knew the claim linked to an individual was bogus.

As to Ukraine that is all hand waving and misdirection by Putin. Whatever our misdeeds and failings in the end we do try to establish and promote freedoms. Iraq did have elections, but failed to make it work.

If it was not so serious the trail of Russian hardware and bodies would be comical. The Cold War stereotype of inept Russians.

Turkey has access to the original high resolution picture and they published it.
Satellite image Company put fake image out for public, but NATO countries, of course, have real ones.

In other news evacuated civilians say there is a general among mercenaries at AziovSteel.
So it's just Turkey's word that their photoshopped pic is real.

So, back to the topic. Do you honestly think Zele is fine in that video? really?
They "simply left" because otherwise they would have been surrounded and cut off. An army that gets cut off generally is forced to either surrender or die.

Reactions: SLD
Back
Top Bottom