• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

But nobody has claimed that radiation sickness usually causes immediate deaths, nor are many people really taking the Greenpeace estimate of 90,000 deaths seriously. Nor should anyone take seriously your claim that it caused no health effects outside of Ukraine and Belarus. The nature of those health effects makes it nearly impossible to prove direct links to fallout from the disaster, and defenders of nuclear power have always relied on the lack of provable effects as proof of lack. However, the map of detectable cesium-137 deposits, which had a 30 year half-life, in Europe looked like this by May 10, 1986:

Chernobyl-map-radiation-fallout-what-countries-affected-chernobyl-radiation-1918414.webp
And food runs something like 600Bq per dry kilogram.

You missed the point of the map. It isn't to claim that the contamination was all and only from cesium 137. It is to show the extent of the spread of contamination from the disaster. Cesium 137 is extremely rare, so this map can be used for that purpose. There were other radioactive materials that were also spread from Chernobyl, but this was an attempt to show that health effects were likely to have taken place outside of Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus, even if there isn't any direct proof of a link to health effects. The point of the source article was to argue that the true cost of Chernobyl was much higher than it seemed, and this was partial support for such an argument.
I'm not at all convinced that most of that is from the reactor.

The interesting thing is that this location is way beyond the range of HIMARS or even Tochka. Which means that Russians fucked it up themselves, or Ukrainian drones or helicopters somehow got through their air defenses.

The simultaneous booms make me think somehow Ukraine did it. Why would any sort of accident make two places go up at the same time?

Ukraine also plays the propaganda game.

Ukraine attacked Crimea? I say we absolutely did not!!! Russian propaganda.

Ask any anthropologist where the people of Europe came from. ...
Massive migration from the steppe was a source for Indo-European languages in Europe - PMC
Three migrations: Paleolithic, Neolithic, and steppe-zone. The Paleolithic one came from Central Asia or the Middle East, the Neolithic one from the Middle East, and the steppe one was from the western end of the Eurasian steppe zone, a zone that stretches roughly Ukraine - south European Russia - Kazakhstan - Mongolia - Manchuria.

Thus, honkies are mutts.

Ukraine also plays the propaganda game.

Ukraine attacked Crimea? I say we absolutely did not!!! Russian propaganda.
Yes, both sides use propaganda. Key difference, Ukraine uses propaganda to mostly raise or garner support from other nations to help them defend themselves. Russia uses propaganda to cover up their crimes.

18. All warfare is based on deception.

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Excellent Troll...

Well, I don't like to see civilians hurt. Shit, I don't like to see anyone hurt. But Jesus Christ: I wouldn't recommend vacationing in an area that belonged to another group; and that the military from your country is currently conducting a special military operation against it!

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War.
There is another book that might interest you.

A Book Of Five Rings by a 17th century Japanese Mussahi. A Kendo saint.

I would not discount unrest in the Russian military. How the war has gone is undoubtedly widely known among the enlisted ranks.

There may even be an anti Putin faction among the officers.

I wonder if their might be instances of suicide by depressed and angry Russian soldiers. Blowing up an ammo dump makes quite the statement as a way to end it all.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Von Clausowitz.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Von Clausowitz.
Nah, he wasn't a Kendo saint. He wasn't even Japanese.

;)

Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Von Clausowitz.
Actung Panzer bt Hans Guderian. The architect of Nazi tank warfare. Fortunately Hitler did not really listen to him and was dismissive in Russia. Fortunately for Ukraine Putin never read the book.

Should be in pdf.

Achtung – Panzer! (English: "Attention, Tank!" or, more idiomatically, "Beware the Tank!"), written by Heinz Guderian, a German World War II tank commander, is a book on the application of motorized warfare. First published in 1937, it expounds a new kind of warfare: the concentrated use of tanks, with infantry and air force in close support, later known as Blitzkrieg tactics. The book also argues against the continued use of cavalry given the proven effectiveness of the machine gun, and advocates replacing the cavalry with mechanised infantry. It was never properly studied by the French or the English general staff, both of whom helped introduce the tank.[1]

The first half of the book focuses on the advent of positional or 'trench warfare' in World War I, and the subsequent development of the first tanks. Here Guderian outlines the development of tanks and tank tactics throughout the Great War and during the interwar period. Later he discusses the effects of the Treaty of Versailles upon the German armed forces before detailing the recovery from the setbacks the Treaty caused in terms of development of mechanised forces. Guderian concludes by promoting the further development of the German tank force and providing suggestions concerning the future application of tanks and their relationship with other arms.[2]

The Insider has in its possession an archive of complaints addressed to the Russian military prosecutor's office, which reflects the true state of affairs during the war in Ukraine. Conscripts have been deceived or coerced into the war zone, soldiers have not been provided with normal food or medical care, contract servicemen have been deliberately violating every military regulation in order to be dismissed from service, and parents cannot obtain any information on whether their children have been taken prisoner or killed in action. From the Russian citizens' complaints one can also learn about the looting and atrocities perpetrated by Russian soldiers.
Wow!

I would not discount unrest in the Russian military. How the war has gone is undoubtedly widely known among the enlisted ranks.

There may even be an anti Putin faction among the officers.

I wonder if their might be instances of suicide by depressed and angry Russian soldiers. Blowing up an ammo dump makes quite the statement as a way to end it all.
Except there were two simultaneous big booms and there was already smoke. That says to me that at least three devices must have been involved--the first didn't hit explosives, the second and third got munitions storage. While fire could have gotten to the storage that wouldn't make them go up simultaneously. I would not discount the possibility of sabotage, though--this increased the life expectancy of the pilots based there and they probably had the requisite access.

Back
Top Bottom