• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Your military got stopped by 4 trucks last year
Apparently not.
How long are you going to remember what happened a year ago?
What have Ukraine achieved recently?
A year ago Russia entered Ukraine hoping and expecting repeat of "occupation" of Crimea.
And It almost worked, Ukraine was ready to satisfy russian demands. But in the end assholes in Washington prevailed and Ukraine was forced to fight. It did not go well for them.

Apparently not.
A year ago Russia entered Ukraine hoping and expecting repeat of "occupation" of Crimea.
And It almost worked, Ukraine was ready to satisfy russian demands. But in the end assholes in Washington prevailed and Ukraine was forced to fight. It did not go well for them.
What can I say, Bob? I tried asking some Russian Soldiers in Kharkiv, but I couldn't find any. Your army got stopped by 4 trucks Bob. Deal with it.

Apparently not.
What can I say, Bob? I tried asking some Russian Soldiers in Kharkiv, but I couldn't find any. Your army got stopped by 4 trucks Bob. Deal with it.
What are you talking about?
You are still seriously trying to say Ukraine is winning?
When in reality, it's already NATO losing to Russia, not Ukraine, NATO!
NATO is losing in Ukraine. Your shitheads started war with Russia without preparation and now losing.

Russia started this war. To start a war you have to move hostile forces from your territory to territory that isn't yours without the owner's permission. And by hostile forces, we aren't talking about diplomats armed with cookies like Victoria Nuland. Pathetic lies like this are so transparent it is embarrassing to be forced to point them out over and over again.

NATO hasn't even shown up yet. But don't worry, when and if NATO does show up, you'll notice.

US started this war.
NATO (meaning US) has not fought a real army since Vietnam. And US are out of ammo already.
And since Soviet Union collapse US army (land forces) might have been in serious decline.
US is not capable of land war.

Three months ago:
Why do I think Russia is winning? Mainly because it has artillery superiority. The Ukrainian-reported daily losses of Russian equipment show that Ukraine isn't able to dent the artillery much:

https://www.minusrus.com/en

For the past week, it's 21 artillery pieces. Average of only three per day, and it's been in that ballpark for past months. This is out of estimated 3700 or so that are in Russian arsenal before the war, not counting ones being produced or repaired currently.

This pace is not good enough. For comparison, Ukraine has been given about 350 western 155mm artillery pieces, of which about one third is reported to be out of action; destroyed or under maintenance. I think Ukraine needs to step up its artillery game with more accurate shells (I hear GPS guided Excalibur shells have done a great job, but of course they cost 100 or 1000 times what regular shells do), UAVs, and ways to destroy Russian jamming devices and such, counter-battery radars, and simply having faster turnaround time from observing the enemy to firing at their position. Russians are still better at this.
But now the situation seems much better.

For past several weeks now, Ukraine has reported much higher number of Russian artillery pieces being destroyed. Average from last seven days is 11 per day for example. Now of course the numbers could be exaggerated as always, but I think relative to what it was in December, Ukraine is now getting its shit together. It's a weak signal and only one data point, but maybe after Bakhmut, Ukraine has a shot at stopping Russian advances.
We all know, we can trust reports coming from Ukrainian government.
It's not the absolute numbers that matter, it's the relative change. Could be just because both sides are more active recently. But I've always been of the opinion that Ukraine success depends on whether they can find tactics or weapons to counter Russia's artillery.

It'll be interesting to see if the reported numbers go down again after Bakhmut.

By the way, remember Arestovich? Bagdad Bob of Kiev?
Well, he is now in Italy apparently and became quite fond of ..... Russia :)
Weird how things change.
Got source for this?

Apparently not.
Russia still occupies part of Kharkiv Oblast.

kharkiv.png
The dotted line is the Kharkiv/Luhansk border.

Source: https://deepstatemap.live/en#9/49.7447/37.9770

Got source for this?
I saw his twit in one of the video observers.
Don't really care to search. It's consistent with his M.O. He had, on occasion, expressed honest opinion even on his prior job of Kiev Bob.
There are numbers of videos where he says things which are not pro-ukrainian to say the least. It's just he almost turned pro-russian now.
As I said, consistent with his M.O.

Problem with you is that you filter out everything which does not conform to views expressed by CNN talking heads.

Got source for this?
I saw his twit in one of the video observers.
Don't really care to search. It's consistent with his M.O. He had, on occasion, expressed honest opinion even on his prior job of Kiev Bob.
There are numbers of videos where he says things which are not pro-ukrainian to say the least. It's just he almost turned pro-russian now.
As I said, consistent with his M.O.

Problem with you is that you filter out everything which does not conform to views expressed by CNN talking heads.
No, I asked because I saw a 5-year video of him being circulated recently where he is seemingly saying pro-Russian things, but which seems to have been edited to mislead. So I was curious if that was your source. Also couldn't find anything about him being in Italy with a cursory search.

My opinions aren't going to be shaken one way or the other based on what Arestovych says or does, but it does sound like you fell for another Russian propaganda lie... again.

No, I asked because I saw a 5-year video of him being circulated recently where he is seemingly saying pro-Russian things, but which seems to have been edited to mislead. So I was curious if that was your source. Also couldn't find anything about him being in Italy with a cursory search.
How do you know it was edited to misled?
My opinions aren't going to be shaken
Exactly my point. They are unshakable.
but it does sound like you fell for another Russian propaganda lie... again.
It's not, it's greek in this case. Video-blogger is greek-american-Cypriot.

Anyway, it's just proves my point. Your shitty media just labels anything it does not like as russian propaganda.
That Pink Floyd guy - russian propaganda.
Mearseheimer - russian propaganda.
Noam Chomsky - russian propaganda.
Proof that BBC lied - russian propaganda.

etc.

Back
Top Bottom