• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Again, you make this odd assumption that Ukrainians have the ability to stop the war. Do you think that they enjoy dying? Sending their young people to be killed?
Yes, Zelenski enjoys to see Ukrainians being killed, otherwise he would have talked to Putin through some intermediary. Does Zelenski think that he can bring down Russia to its knees? If not then why he is continuing to fight at the instigation of Western powers?
Don't talk of rapes, such things happen when uncivilized people engage in war. It does not happen with Indian army. Those who do that are severely punished.
You're accepting the Russian propaganda as the truth.

There's no point in talking through an intermediary as Zelensky knows that to capitulate is to accept genocide. Russia has already genocided Ukraine once before and has shown genocidal tendencies in the areas they occupy.
Well, if the Ukrainians do not want peace, then they can have it their way. Does not really affect us.
Ukrainians don't need to do anything for peace, Russia can just leave Ukraine and stop shelling it. The fighting would stop immediately. Ukraine isn't equipped for a war.

Again, you make this odd assumption that Ukrainians have the ability to stop the war. Do you think that they enjoy dying? Sending their young people to be killed?
Yes, Zelenski enjoys to see Ukrainians being killed, otherwise he would have talked to Putin through some intermediary. Does Zelenski think that he can bring down Russia to its knees? If not then why he is continuing to fight at the instigation of Western powers?
Don't talk of rapes, such things happen when uncivilized people engage in war. It does not happen with Indian army. Those who do that are severely punished.

There's no point in talking through an intermediary as Zelensky knows that to capitulate is to accept genocide. Russia has already genocided Ukraine once before and has shown genocidal tendencies in the areas they occupy.
Well, if the Ukrainians do not want peace, then they can have it their way. Does not really affect us.
It most certainly does affect you! The global economy is dependent on peace and stability. You are fueling a war that will blow up in your economic face. BTW, how’s the fool doing? (I.e. Modi). Not as well as he’d hoped.

I would not finger him as Poroshenko and others did.
Great - we can add that to the list of things you wouldn’t do.
When said person tells you to GTF out of your house, be sure to tell them that you’re leaving your home, your family, your life, because … that’s the way to PEACE?!
Sorry Aup. You’re coming across self centered, cold and accommodating to atrocities. I’m sure you don’t mean it.

It most certainly does affect you! BTW, how’s the fool doing? (I.e. Modi). Not as well as he’d hoped.
I do not see any affect on our economy, except that people asked us for wheat and we supplied to some.
Yeah, the election did not go well for Modi, though he will get his third term. He will have to depend on two collaboration partners. One from Bihar, the other from Andhra Pradesh. According to one live report 291 for and 234 against, his party getting 239 (majority being 272, 33 short, that is a lot). There will be some post-election engineering. However, he gets one more state to rule - Odisha, and a partner state without rule - Andhra Pradesh. Comes in handy when they need to change some rule, which require acceptance by 15 states.
The opposition offered a lot of uneconomic freebies, not something that Modi will do. But our uneducated electorate had stars in their eyes, free water, free electricity, state buying agricultural produce from farmers at the price demanded by them - and particularly USD 1200 (Indian Rupees 100,000) yearly to one women in every family. For our 1.44 billion people, that comes to USD 1,728 billion. Now the opposition has no problem, no money to give out, since they did not win the election. If such freebies and more are given, then India would land up on its knees before IMF the next day like Pakistan.

Last edited:
Great - we can add that to the list of things you wouldn’t do.
When said person tells you to GTF out of your house, be sure to tell them that you’re leaving your home, your family, your life, because … that’s the way to PEACE?!
Sorry Aup. You’re coming across self centered, cold and accommodating to atrocities. I’m sure you don’t mean it.
I have said it earlier also that I am not a peacenik, but I do not knowingly finger some one.
Uh … some other person using your handle? It’s the logical extension of what you have said. Feel free to clean up your mess.
No. I never said anything like that. If you think there is any mess, that would not make me to go back to earlier posts. Let it be.

I do not knowingly finger some one.
Especially someone who breaks into your house, kills your family, kidnaps the children and rapes and tortures your wife, right? You want peace, so you just STFU.
After all, you allowed a Putin puppet to be deposed by voting against him, so you deserved it.

After all, you allowed a Putin puppet to be deposed by voting against him, so you deserved it.
Who has been deposed? No one in India. Modi gets his third term. Inauguration perhaps on June 8.
Try to follow along. We were talking about Ukraine, and the punishment being rained down on them for rejecting Putin’s puppet.
You express that they should just accept the genocide because they deposed Poroshenko. .

I have said it earlier also that I am not a peacenik, but I do not knowingly finger some one.
You're obviously not a student of history and nor do you embrace democracy. There probably isn't any level of barbarity Putin can inflict on Ukraine that would make you rethink your position..

So you would just let them come in and rape your family?
Now, who said that?
You're obviously not a student of history and nor do you embrace democracy. There probably isn't any level of barbarity Putin can inflict on Ukraine that would make you rethink your position..
Well, you've said several times in this forum that you're against Ukranians having arms to defend themselves. How do they fight off Russians without arms? Asking them nicely probably won't work.

The situation at Vovchansk has improved for Ukraine, which now controls about 70% of the city on the border with Russia north of Kharkiv.
About 60 Russians surrendered instead of waiting to become cannon fodder.

Remember how Ukraine using Western-supplied weapons inside of Russia was going to trigger World War III?

Reactions: SLD
Sweden plans to allocate $7 billion in military aid to Ukraine between 2024-2026

The Swedish government has agreed to create a support framework for Ukraine, which would allocate 75 billion Swedish krona ($7 billion) in military support from 2024 to 2026, the Swedish government said on May 22.

With this proposal, Stockholm's civilian and military aid to Ukraine since the outbreak of the full-scale war will amount to over 100 billion Swedish krona (over $9 billion).

"Ukraine's fight against Russia's war of aggression continues and Sweden will support Ukraine's fight as long as it takes," the joint press release by the country's defense and finance ministries read.

I saw a calculation showing that if the US spent as much in relation to its GDP, it would be USD 335 billion.

The problem is that you want them to accept the peace of death. Russia's actions are genocidal.

It most certainly does affect you! BTW, how’s the fool doing? (I.e. Modi). Not as well as he’d hoped.
I do not see any affect on our economy, except that people asked us for wheat and we supplied to some.
Yeah, the election did not go well for Modi, though he will get his third term. He will have to depend on two collaboration partners. One from Bihar, the other from Andhra Pradesh. According to one live report 291 for and 234 against, his party getting 239 (majority being 272, 33 short, that is a lot). There will be some post-election engineering. However, he gets one more state to rule - Odisha, and a partner state without rule - Andhra Pradesh. Comes in handy when they need to change some rule, which require acceptance by 15 states.
The opposition offered a lot of uneconomic freebies, not something that Modi will do. But our uneducated electorate had stars in their eyes, free water, free electricity, state buying agricultural produce from farmers at the price demanded by them - and particularly USD 1200 (Indian Rupees 100,000) yearly to one women in every family. For our 1.44 billion people, that comes to USD 1,728 billion. Now the opposition has no problem, no money to give out, since they did not win the election. If such freebies and more are given, then India would land up on its knees before IMF the next day like Pakistan.
Sheesh! Can you not comprehend what I wrote? You’re risking a wider global war that will destroy your economy and entire way of life. Stop supporting genocide and war. You are not being neutral.

We were talking about Ukraine, and the punishment being rained down on them for rejecting Putin’s puppet.
You express that they should just accept the genocide because they deposed Poroshenko.
That was Victor Yanukovych. Poroshenko was the one who cozied with West and angered Russia.

Back
Top Bottom