• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Certainly explains why Ukraine was able to get in. Ukraine was able to waltz in because there was almost no defense. But the question isn't about that, it is about why they are still there.
Because Russians want them there?
You do realize the ukro-nazi daily losses in Donbass are 10x higher than in Kursk, and it is not becasue losses in Kursk are small.

Certainly explains why Ukraine was able to get in. Ukraine was able to waltz in because there was almost no defense. But the question isn't about that, it is about why they are still there.
Because Russians want them there?
Oh, they do. I don't recall Putin calling Zelensky and telling him they could have Kursk.
You do realize the ukro-nazi daily losses in Donbass are 10x higher than in Kursk, and it is not becasue losses in Kursk are small.
Losses in Kursk can't be that large, the Ukrainians would have already collapsed if they had sustained that. Ukraine has made access into Kursk much harder now. It doesn't provide Ukraine much, but the presumed lack of air support seems to imply the Russian air force are cowering.

Yeah, Kursk is of no significance and we all know how Putin feels about a foreign invader taking Russian soil. No big deal. We let them do it. That's why Ukraine is Russian soil. That's why Moldova is Russian soil. I'm surprised they aren't claiming parts of New York city.
Well it is important. It turns the world's eye back toward this war and presses the US to finally give in on expanding the use of long range weapons. It extends the range of Ukrainian drones and pushes the Russian staging areas back. And I believe it has disrupted at least one rail line from Belarus.
It's taking Russia so long because Russia cannot coordinate jack shit. I mentioned this early on in this incursion. They've shit for communications. The various troops are poorly trained and supported. They're mostly conscripts who have about as much weapons and tactics training as a navy cook.
Fact is the longer Ukraine remains in Kursk, the more dug in they will become, the more support they can bring in, and the harder it becomes to extract them. Russia will need about four times the troops to remove them.

We are ordinary citizens who oppose Russia and its invasion.
No, you are not. You were carefully brainwashed into thinking that.
Not really. I grew up in the post war generation. My father was in the Marines in the Pacific, An uncle crewed on B17s in Europe, another uncle was on the ground in Europe.

A war against Nazis and fascists like Mussolini and Tojo.

Yes I was conditioned by the post war culture of the day....freedom of speech, rule of law,m and human rights. When I got older and got some education and read on history I made a reasoned choice. Communism and Russia were to be opposed as antithetical to our way of life and values, and a threat. A core principle of Chinese and Russian communism was the violent overthrow of global governments forcibly replaced by communism.

I understood our own history and our moral failures.

Not brainwashed. We are all aware of the issues with our history through today.

Ukraine and Putin's need to take countries he considers Russia is a continuation of Russian starting with Stalin. It is what The Allies in WWII fought to end. It is why NATO exists.

Putin thought Ukraine would fall in week or two, and he is still trying. He is doing to Ukraine what Nazis did to Russia. The kind of war Nazis waged, genocide and forcible subjugation of clotures to servitude.

You are welcome to Putin and your shit hole of a country, just keep it and your misery to yoursees. Don't inflict it on others.

Back
Top Bottom