• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

That was kinda the first thing that popped into my head. Why would anyone with her history and knowledge think that going to Russia is a good idea?
I have heard that muggings are common in Moscow. Of course, they are common in New York too if one is in a wrong area at a wrong time.
You were misinformed. Muggings are extremely rare in Moscow and even in Russia in general.
So that explains where Russia's is getting its Ukraine conscripts
What?
Muggers are sent to Ukraine to draw Ukrainian fire

That was kinda the first thing that popped into my head. Why would anyone with her history and knowledge think that going to Russia is a good idea?
I have heard that muggings are common in Moscow. Of course, they are common in New York too if one is in a wrong area at a wrong time.
You were misinformed. Muggings are extremely rare in Moscow and even in Russia in general.
So that explains where Russia's is getting its Ukraine conscripts
What?
Muggers are sent to Ukraine to draw Ukrainian fire
30 years ago there might have been some street crime, not anymore.

Last edited:
the criminals are all busy running the country.
As if you are somehow different.
I am neither a criminal, nor running a country, so I am anyhow completely different.
You=West, obviously.
I am 153° East of Greenwich. I am further East than the Far East.
You're further left than California. By a lot.
And y'all can't really tell up from down.

And you're more Easter than the Vatican.
Whoa...
:)
Tom

Status of Storm Shadow Use Within Russia
It is understood that although the UK wants to give Ukraine the freedom to do what they want with the long-range weapon, it requires consensus from allies, including the US, France and a third undisclosed Nato country. A government source stressed that the UK was not blaming the US for any delay, adding that such policy changes took time.
I reckon the US has some laborious assessment process it gets dragged through.

Status of JASSM Use for F-16s
A cadre of pro-Ukraine U.S. lawmakers has been pressing the administration to loosen restrictions on Kyiv’s ability to fire U.S.-supplied weapons into Russian territory. They argue that the U.S. should keep the momentum going after Ukrainian forces crossed the border into Russia on Aug. 6.
Probably a matter of when, not if. Does politics come into play? I'd like to think not but I stopped being naive about politics after Sandy Hook. Hopefully before the end of the year then.
And then... (my bold)
Senator Mark Kelly & Congressman Mike Turner said:
Once a frontrunner to be the Democratic nominee for vice president, Senator Mark Kelly of Arizona, a former Navy fighter pilot and NASA astronaut who now serves on the Senate Armed Services Committee, told a TV interviewer on Sunday that Ukraine’s successes in Kursk are a game-changer.

“About 130,000 Russians have had to leave their homes and, at this point in this conflict, I think the Ukrainians did something unpredictable that could really change the tide of how this conflict’s going to play out,” he said on the CBS program “Face the Nation” on Sunday.

When asked if he was okay with US-made missiles being used on Russian soil, he said that now he was.

“The Ukrainians were illegally attacked by Vladimir Putin,” Kelly said. “He is intentionally killing women, children, old people. It was an illegal invasion. This incursion... let’s characterize it that way for now. I don’t think the Ukrainians want to intentionally hold Russian territory for a long period... But, this really set Putin back on his heels.”

“Since the invasion, now, over two years ago, we have... periodically, as we should, reevaluate[d]... how we’re going to conduct ourselves with regards to the Ukrainians’ use of the security assistance that we provide them. And I think it’s appropriate to continue to look at what their needs are.”

A later guest on the same program, Republican Congressman Mike Turner of Ohio, who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, affirmed his support for Ukraine and agreed with Sen. Kelly in terms of loosening restrictions on arms sent to Kyiv.

“Those [restrictions] certainly are troublesome, and do result in a sort of status quo in what can be a game of attrition,” Turner said.

In other news, for some reason Modi is going to visit Kyiv. Maybe he's going to reaffirm his moral turpitude.
Betcha Russia attacks Kyiv shortly after he leaves.

Moral turpitude: An "act of baseness, vileness, or depravity in the private and social duties which a man owes to his fellowmen, or to society in general, contrary to the accepted and customary rule of right and duty between man and man."
-California Supreme Court
, Chadwick v. State Bar (1989)

Back
Top Bottom