• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Russia was also never going to attack Ukraine. That didn't work out so well, did it?
I do not think it had any intention to attack till the removal of Yanukovich.

"Yanukovych said, "Ukraine's integration with the EU remains our strategic aim", with a "balanced policy, which will protect our national interests both on our eastern border – I mean with Russia – and of course with the European Union". According to Yanukovych, Ukraine must be a "neutral state" which should be part of a "collective defense system which the European Union, NATO and Russia will take part in." Yanukovych wanted Ukraine to "neither join NATO nor the CSTO".

But that was not the way US/NATO wanted it. So they created a revolution. Yanukovich was a safe bet for Ukraine.
No, Yanukovich was a safe bet for Russia.

I do not think Warsaw pact and the Scandinavian countries did themselves any good by joining NATO. They have now become registered enemies of Russia. There was no need for that. Russia was not going to attack them.
Russia was also never going to attack Ukraine. That didn't work out so well, did it?
Actually Russia was pretty clear that we will attack them if they insist on joining NATO.
I already called bs on this ridiculous claim which you conveniently refused to address. If Russia had made it clear that they would attack then you would have evidence of that extortion. They didn't communicate their extortion. Instead, they staged a surprise attack under the duplicitous guise of "military exercises."

The Mafia knows how to do extortion. When the mafia extorts you they make it clear what they want you to do, when the deadline is, and what the consequences of non-compliance will be. "If you don't have the money ready for Tony by Saturday you'll be needing crutches on Sunday."

Where is the communication from russia warning Ukraine of this extortion? Why would Russia lie about their impending attack if they had already warned Ukraine about the attack and the reasons for the attack? Your claim makes no sense. And you can't support your claim with evidence because you know that your claim is false.

Back
Top Bottom