• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

RT has been talking about getting Alaska back off and on for years.
Interestingly we manned this island in the cold war. My brother did a tour there in the early 70's.
Oh, and Alaskans have one of highest gun ownerships in the USA.
Good luck Ivan!
I sent this to my brother. He said he could listen to the Russian spacecraft in orbit.

Barbos

Maybe we can have a cultural exchange, some American mui8sc?

Something for Putin if you could pass it along, for when he feels like his head is going to explode.
Blow Top Blues

Or something more upbeat

So, what do you listen to over there?
Be cool daddy-o, later alligator. Keep on truckin'

Last edited:
So, what do you listen to over there?
Lots of explosions from ammunition dumps for sure.
Hey, I am being serious. I can end the Ukraine war in two weeks. Or is that Trump.

Back in the 80s Phil Donahue set up a video link between Russians in Moscow and people over here. He thought he would foster a dialogue. The Russian women wanted to talk about fashions over here.

To ease tensions exchnage culture. We do it with China.

To ease tensions exchnage culture. We do it with China.
Which would be great except for the fact that in Putinstan there isn't freedom. Their media is controlled and people imprisoned and murdered for speaking up against Adolph. Maybe dialogue and an exchange of cultural ideas was all we needed with Al Capone too. Even better, lets try that approach with your favorite MAGAtard or Orange Manbaby.

Satellite footage suggests Russia ICBM launch test was a disaster The apparent launch failure raised questions about Russia’s military capabilities and put in a dent in the Kremlin’s nuclear saber-rattling.

According to satellite photos, a Russian Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missile probably detonated during a test earlier this month, raising questions about Russia’s military capabilities and putting a dent in the Kremlin’s nuclear saber-rattling.

Maxar satellite images from Saturday appear to show a crater roughly 200 feet wide and extensive damage to the surrounding area at the launch silo at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome in the Arkhangelsk region in northern Russia. Imagery recorded earlier this month does not show any visible damage to the site.

“A large crater (approximately 62 meters wide) is visible at the launch silo and extensive damage in and around the launchpad can be seen which suggests that the missile exploded shortly after ignition or launch,” George Barros, an analyst at the Institute for the Study of War, wrote on X. “We must not understate the importance of this launch failure vis-à-vis the information war. … This a failure for a strategic Russian weapon system, but it is also an informational victory for Ukraine.”
Ooopsie. Turn around. Nothing to see here. It was just a campfire. They're lying.

Launch 10, even one or two detonations is a disaster.

I do not think Russia would use nukes. Unless Putin wants to go out in a blaze of glory and does not care what happens to Russia.

Zelenskiy pointedly tells China and Brazil at the UN, You want a Nobel Prize? Go write a book. Creating a bullshit truce with Russians on Ukrainian soil will not be your path to a Nobel. I might have taken a little license there but not much.

At at the same time, coincidentally mind you, Reuters puts out an exclusive about a Russian weapons program within China to make long range drones. And they've got the invoices to prove it. If China is providing whole weapon systems to Russia, that is a game changer with regards to sanctions on China.

This is kinda feeling like an inflection point.

And while Russia presses its meat war, aside from Ukraine's homemade drone strikes, Ukraine seems oddly quiet. I hope they are planning something nice... on Russian soil.

At at the same time, coincidentally mind you, Reuters puts out an exclusive about a Russian weapons program within China to make long range drones. And they've got the invoices to prove it. If China is providing whole weapon systems to Russia, that is a game changer with regards to sanctions on China.
Agreed. It certainly ups the ante. What is China getting from Putin in return?

Both Russia and China want to displace the USA as a global influence.

Aiding Putin and prolonging the war keeps -art of our attention on Ukraine and away form China and the South China Sea, and Taiwan.

And it is China thumbing its nose at us. Letting us know they don't care what we say.

What Steve said.
Keeping the US occupied in Eastern Europe leaving less resources and focus on the South China Sea.

Battle testing of weapons systems?

Battle testing of weapons systems?
Cheap electric cars.

Back
Top Bottom