• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

I always giggle when barbos makes some wild accusation like zombies are real or Zelensky is on drugs - but I've got to say the former President of Russia has got barbos beat on batshit crazy claims.
It's not wild accusations, it's observations.
As for the wild accusations, then you need to familiarize yourself with what ukro-nazis do. Remember that crazy cunt who had to be fired from ..... Ukrainian government?
The one which claimed that russian soldiers were raping everything that moves and your retarded media was parroting it.
Well, turned out that her sources were some anonymous phone calls (from some pranksters I presume)

Your media is utter garbage

I appreciate Jayiay’s cautious interpretation of these things - and at the same time, I am hoping so much for success for Ukraine that I feel good when I read them, too. Even though I’m subsequently reminded to not be unrealistically optimistic.
No need to be cautious. 100% of the western coverage are utter lies.
Well, some of them which hint that Ukraine might be in deep shit are 99% lies.
It's actually amazing how in the same article they can say "Ukraine is winning!" but if you read carefully you come to completely opposite conclusion.

I suspect some of the media monkeys are seeing the end and preparing for it.

I always giggle when barbos makes some wild accusation like zombies are real or Zelensky is on drugs - but I've got to say the former President of Russia has got barbos beat on batshit crazy claims.
It's not wild accusations, it's observations.
As for the wild accusations, then you need to familiarize yourself with what ukro-nazis do. Remember that crazy cunt who had to be fired from ..... Ukrainian government?
The one which claimed that russian soldiers were raping everything that moves and your retarded media was parroting it.
Well, turned out that her sources were some anonymous phone calls (from some pranksters I presume)

Your media is utter garbage
You should stick to drugged upped nazi zombies. Your imaginary woman who you can't name saying things you can't quote getting fired from an imaginary position from the Ukrainian government is just boring. Jesus, you couldn't even name which media was parroting it and that's just fucking lazy.

I'm not mad at you barbos, I'm just disappointed. We both know you can make up better stories. Please put some more effort into it next time.

Russian forces are breaking down around Bakhmut. Similar to Kherson, they no longer operate tactically at battalion strength. Due to a loss of personnel and insufficient equipment, they are operating with squads of no more than fifteen men. This is the war of attrition. This is how a smaller, well trained, properly equipped, motivated army performs against men treated as cannon fodder.

And this is Russia's armed forces today. This is what Putin's kleptocracy created. What the world watches. What history writes.
Thousands of men pressed into service, stood up on a long defensive line from Belarus to the Kinburn Spit. Ill-prepared and poorly equipped, they wait in trenches. It's all they can do to force Ukraine into committing adequate forces to counter them if need be.

Two constants remain, as time marches on, Russia's stock of military equipment decreases, morale worsens. Ukraine's supply of equipment will remain for the foreseeable future. Their forces will continue to receive proper training. Morale will remain high.
Russia cannot win. As it is now, I don't even see an honorable exit for Russia. And nor should there be. That option disappeared when they attacked civilian infrastructure in winter.
Let it continue. Let Russian forces be beat back, decimated to the point that even the nationalists open their eyes and see their government for what it is. And to this point, this is the mistake the west is making in not supplying Ukraine the armament necessary to strike military targets within Russia. The Russian people need to see this happen. Needs to see what happens to an aggressor nation. Russia should be defending military and manufacturing targets on the lower Volga not territory in eastern Ukraine.

Let it continue. Let Russian forces be beat back, decimated to the point that even the nationalists open their eyes and see their government for what it is. And to this point, this is the mistake the west is making in not supplying Ukraine the armament necessary to strike military targets within Russia. The Russian people need to see this happen. Needs to see what happens to an aggressor nation. Russia should be defending military and manufacturing targets on the lower Volga not territory in eastern Ukraine.
Very similarly, I can only hope, to the demise of Hitler. Lots of high talk of great success in its failing years, much internal persecution of dissent, but ultimate failure.

A Russian angrily said why is Ukraine refusing to negotiate our peace terms, which are give us the occupied territory,

That said it all. Ukraine can go through the motions att a UN peace negotriation. But they don't need me to tell them Russia can not be trusted.

The only resolution is pushing Russia out.

Putin says he is protecting Russia citizens. He must mean ethnic Russians and the shame referndums.

The rhetoric is how I remember the Cold War Russian rhetoric. Russian bluster.

Khrushchev's shoe banging tantrum at the UN.

A New York Times report confirms that on October 12, 1960, Khrushchev “bangs his shoe on his desk” at the UN, apparently angered by a statement by Lorenzo Sumulong, a member of the Philippine delegation, who in a debate said that Eastern Europe had been “deprived of political and civil right” due to the dominant influence in the region by the Soviet Union ( here ).

It is not Putin per se, I think it is more Russia and culture. It is the final act of the Russian revolution.

Ukraine gets a taste of democracy and civil liberty and they are willing to die for it. We handed Iraq democracy ad they started shitting on each other. They still are.

We handed Iraq democracy ad they started shitting on each other. They still are.
We handed the Iraqis a reason to hate democracy. Seems to have worked.
Our mistake was the neo cons and GWB thinking it would be lie liberating France.

The Arab states will never have democracy as we see it.

It was beginning to work in Iran untill we squashed it and installed the Shah. Iran has a strong sense of culture and history. Democracy can work there.

India post Brits eventually developed a working democracy.

Ragtag Jews in Palestine overcame internal differences, fended off a large scale Arab coalition, and developed a working democracy. A unified culture with a strong sense of identity and history. Right now Israel seems to be slipping into authoritarianism and erosion of rule of law.

Before the Russian revolution Russia was a feudal system. Russian histry is one of dictaors and conquest and aristocrats. There is no foundation for democracy. After the Soviet collapse they had a few years to get statted but it fell into authoritarianism.

To me one of the greatest moments in history was when George Washington peacefully handed over power to the next president.

I expect when it is tme for Zelensky to move on he will.

I appreciate Jayiay’s cautious interpretation of these things - and at the same time, I am hoping so much for success for Ukraine that I feel good when I read them, too. Even though I’m subsequently reminded to not be unrealistically optimistic.
It's actually amazing how in the same article they can say "Ukraine is winning!" but if you read carefully you come to completely opposite conclusion.

So, getting your ass handed to you around Kiev, getting your flagship Blown out of the water, getting kicked out of Kharkiv, and pushed out of Kherson, is Russia winning? Seriously, how does it feel to get your ass kicked by the cunt?

So, getting your ass handed to you around Kiev, getting your flagship Blown out of the water
Twice. Getting your flagship blown out of the water twice.

You also left out NATO now right up on (or soon to be right up on) the border of Russia, the exact opposite of what Putin wanted.

You also left out the Crimean bridge, putin's pride and joy, being bombed.

You also left out the ruble plummeting in value.

So yeah. Barbos and his heroes are "winning" the same way Carthage "won" against the Romans. Because technically, Carthage "won" as Rome never went to war with them again...

So, getting your ass handed to you around Kiev, getting your flagship Blown out of the water
Twice. Getting your flagship blown out of the water twice.

You also left out NATO now right up on (or soon to be right up on) the border of Russia, the exact opposite of what Putin wanted.

You also left out the Crimean bridge, putin's pride and joy, being bombed.

You also left out the ruble plummeting in value.

So yeah. Barbos and his heroes are "winning" the same way Carthage "won" against the Romans. Because technically, Carthage "won" as Rome never went to war with them again...
Russia delenda est

If Russia fears Nato so much, why constantly bully Ukraine? It's Russia that is pushing Ukraine towards the west. Why do bullies always feel that they are the victim?
NATO!=West. Russia was not happy about Ukraine trying to get to EU, mainly because it would cost Russia money. But Russia did nothing to stop it. It's NATO.
Bully here is US. You are bullying everybody including Ukraine.
🤣o boy... what a shitload of hilarious posts I missed...

🤣o boy... what a shitload of hilarious posts I missed...
Yes, you will now have to pay the penance of reading page after page of unhinged, counterfactual rants of Russian propaganda. Or save your time, and understand this:
* Russia is the good guy
* All the war crimes, civilians murdered, hospitals bombed and infrastructure destroyed, was Ukraine’s doing to make poor Putler look bad.
* The US Nazis invaded Russia and Russians are just trying to free themselves.

Ok? You’re all caught up!
🤗

As the year changes, and editorial cartoons get flooded with old bearded men in robes and babies (and not because of yet another scandal in the catholic church), it's time to reflect on what has transpired in the past year, and perhaps where all this is going. Vladimir from Moscow has made a helpful guide to put the events of the year in proper context:

So, getting your ass handed to you around Kiev, getting your flagship Blown out of the water, getting kicked out of Kharkiv, and pushed out of Kherson, is Russia winning? Seriously, how does it feel to get your ass kicked by the cunt?
You're still bitching about March 2022, after 150K dead ukrainian soldiers.
You are not winning.

As the year changes, and editorial cartoons get flooded with old bearded men in robes and babies (and not because of yet another scandal in the catholic church), it's time to reflect on what has transpired in the past year, and perhaps where all this is going. Vladimir from Moscow has made a helpful guide to put the events of the year in proper context:

Right out of the KGB, Tsarist handbook of how to control the masses.

I still maintain that Czar Hitler really wants Sevastopol same as the western allies wanted their piece of Berlin. It puts Ukraine in a strong position to negotiate. Forget China. If India really cared about democracy their hand could change the game.

You are not winning.
Russia is losing men and material faster than either can be replaced. The Russian military is no longer capable of offensive operations. When Ukraine forces the last remaining soldiers out of Crimea, we can all say Ukraine won the war. For the time being, we can say Russia is losing and no longer has any chance of winning.

Guess you didn’t read about Russians dressing up the dead bodies of their comrades and telling everyone they were Ukranian soldiers, eh?

Back
Top Bottom