• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Piers Morgan Gets SCHOOLED Like A Child On Ukraine By Jeffrey Sachs

Crickets.

I listened to it. So what. What does it really matter on who is to blame for starting the war? You and Jeffrey think that the US is responsible. I think that Ukraine was within their rights to eject their leader in 2014. Who the fuck cares now? The issue now is how to stop the invasion now while saving as many Ukrainians lives as possible and preserving their freedom and rights. That's what I care about.

First of all, YOU started the war. That's just a fact. And it is YOU who keep it going.
Your government scum is responsible for ukrainians dying. That's what Jeffrey Sachs is actually saying there.
And MSM talking head has nothing to say in defence of criminal governments.

No it's not a matter of fact. Ukraine was split about in half in 2014; half favoring the west; half favoring Russia. Of course the CIA did what they could do to influence their side. Your side did the same (you're incredibly naive if you doubt this). Yako got elected. He favored Russia. He did some serious bad shit. Then the Ukranian government voted 328 to impeach his ass. That was Ukranians; not Americans.

Crickets.

I listened to it. So what. What does it really matter on who is to blame for starting the war? You and Jeffrey think that the US is responsible. I think that Ukraine was within their rights to eject their leader in 2014. Who the fuck cares now? The issue now is how to stop the invasion now while saving as many Ukrainians lives as possible and preserving their freedom and rights. That's what I care about.

First of all, YOU started the war. That's just a fact. And it is YOU who keep it going.
Your government scum is responsible for ukrainians dying. That's what Jeffrey Sachs is actually saying there.

No it's not a matter of fact. Ukraine was split about in half in 2014; half favoring the west; half favoring Russia. Of course the CIA did what they could do to influence their side. Your side did the same (you're incredibly naive if you doubt this). Yako got elected. He favored Russia. He did some serious bad shit. Then the Ukranian government voted 328 to impeach his ass. That was Ukranians; not Americans.

Wrong. Not even close.

Public opinion in Ukraine. A poll conducted by Kyiv International Institute of Sociology (KIIS) from 8–18 February 2014 assessed support for union with Russia throughout Ukraine. It found that, overall, 12% of those polled favoured union with Russia.

You think you're in no danger from Russia. They haven't turned on you yet.
They won't. Russia, just like US needs friends. India too, that is why we are in QUAD.
The quad? Do you mean that you are blunting Russian invasion in the future by forming a strategic alliance? Good heavens. Strategic alliances are very mean towards Russia. You're inviting invasion.
I'm curious his response. In the meantime, apparently there are folks who's vision is so limited that they don't think of these other states as deserving of the same level of security or that they have a right to make such security agreements.

Quite honestly your response to aupmanyav is genius.

In the aftermath of a bar brawl, when the judge is trying to determine who is liable to pay for all the damage, they don't concern themselves with who was looking at whose girlfriend, or who claimed the right to sit on a particular barstool, or who spilled whose pint. The only question they care about is, "Who threw the first punch?".

Russia threw the first punch. They were first to take military action. They thought they were hard enough, and that their victim was a weakling and a coward; But it turned out that he was more than a match for them, and had the support of a bunch of mates who weren't happy to see someone getting physical, just because they were bigger than him and expected to win quickly and easily.

But all of that can be saved for the judge. The question, while the brawl is ongoing, is "Who is going to step in and break it up?". That needs a policeman. Fuck Yeah!!

Crickets.

Wrong. Not even close.

Public opinion in Ukraine. A poll conducted by Kyiv International Institute of Sociology (KIIS) from 8–18 February 2014 assessed support for union with Russia throughout Ukraine. It found that, overall, 12% of those polled favoured union with Russia.

Bullshit, nobody was suggesting union with Russia. But I am glad you admit that eastern Ukraine wanted to be in .... Russia.

Yanukovich won elections fair and square. And he was deposed by CIA, not by protesters who wanted EU lingerie products.

The quad? Do you mean that you are blunting Russian invasion in the future by forming a strategic alliance? Good heavens. Strategic alliances are very mean towards Russia. You're inviting invasion.
Quad is US, India, Australia, Japan. Basically against Chinese expansion in SE China Sea and other places.
We continue to talk to China too. Just yesterday, their new Ambassador met our Foreign Minister, S. Jaishankar.

Crickets.

No it's not a matter of fact. Ukraine was split about in half in 2014; half favoring the west; half favoring Russia. Of course the CIA did what they could do to influence their side. Your side did the same (you're incredibly naive if you doubt this). Yako got elected. He favored Russia. He did some serious bad shit.

You are seriously confused. There was not really that much favor for one way or another. Young people wanted easy emigration to EU. Older people were worried about inability to travel to Russia if they get to EU. Yanukovich himself was worried that if he to sign that shit EU assholes gave to him he would lose next elections.
Then the Ukranian government voted 328 to impeach his ass. That was Ukranians; not Americans.
Yes, after they were beaten and threatened with death if they don't vote as Nuland's Nazis wanted.
And even with that, it did not get required 2/3. And Yanoukovich had not left Ukraine, he was still in Ukraine during voting.
Sorry man, Yanukovich is the only legitimate president Ukraine had in the last 10 years. Argument can be made for installing him back on that basis. As corrupt and inept he is, he is the only one who is legal now.
Impeachement failed, but he had to leave because nazis took the power anyway.

In the meantime, apparently there are folks who's vision is so limited that they don't think of these other states as deserving of the same level of security or that they have a right to make such security agreements.
By siding with West without considering Russia's concerns, Poroshenko made the first mistake. As Ukrainians thought, the West is now saving Ukraine. Otherwise the question of saving Ukraine would never have arisen., and the West also could have saved its money.

Why are US and India not recognizing Taiwan as an independent country? That is realpolitik. Ukraine forgot that.

Yes, after they were beaten and threatened with death if they don't vote as Nuland's Nazis wanted.
Your evidence of this is, as usual, absolutely nothing. You have built your entire iidb personality upon un-evidenced assertions from Putin's propaganda liars and you forgot to check if they were lying to you. I take that back. You didn't care if they were lying because their lies confirmed your preexisting biases, bigotries, and paranoias.
And even with that, it did not get required 2/3. And Yanoukovich had not left Ukraine, he was still in Ukraine during voting.
Sorry man, Yanukovich is the only legitimate president Ukraine had in the last 10 years. Argument can be made for installing him back on that basis. As corrupt and inept he is, he is the only one who is legal now.
Is this a math fail or just your typical sanity fail? The vote was 328 to zero. That vote is unanimous. That is 100%. Even if you think the missing votes from the 450 full delegation would go entirely to Yanukovich, that is still 73% voting to impeach Yanukkovich. That is well over 2/3. Oh, did Putin's liars tell you that two thirds was more than 73%? That explains it.

Paranoid bigots are so gullible. That's why they are Trump's base of support too.

Crickets.

Wrong. Not even close.

Bullshit, nobody was suggesting union with Russia. But I am glad you admit that eastern Ukraine wanted to be in .... Russia.

Yanukovich won elections fair and square. And he was deposed by CIA, not by protesters who wanted EU lingerie products.

I suggest you read your link again. It says nothing about a majority wanting to align with Russia. It does say armed insurgency and protests backed by Russian arms and intel (and fake Ukrainians that are really Russians).

We aren't as stupid as you like to believe we are to fall for that crap.

Crickets.

No it's not a matter of fact. Ukraine was split about in half in 2014; half favoring the west; half favoring Russia. Of course the CIA did what they could do to influence their side. Your side did the same (you're incredibly naive if you doubt this). Yako got elected. He favored Russia. He did some serious bad shit.

You are seriously confused. There was not really that much favor for one way or another. Young people wanted easy emigration to EU. Older people were worried about inability to travel to Russia if they get to EU. Yanukovich himself was worried that if he to sign that shit EU assholes gave to him he would lose next elections.
Then the Ukranian government voted 328 to impeach his ass. That was Ukranians; not Americans.

What are you talking about? The vote was 328 to 0. Yanko won the first election with a small majority, 51% I believe. But then he didn't follow the whims of his people; and he was legally impeached. By an overwhealming margin. Not even close. The next elections weren't even close. Ukraine does not want Russia anymore. If you are butt hurt over this, here's a hint for next time: don't bomb the fuck out of countries that you want to like you!

In the meantime, apparently there are folks who's vision is so limited that they don't think of these other states as deserving of the same level of security or that they have a right to make such security agreements.
By siding with West without considering Russia's concerns, Poroshenko made the first mistake. As Ukrainians thought, the West is now saving Ukraine. Otherwise the question of saving Ukraine would never have arisen., and the West also could have saved its money.

Why are US and India not recognizing Taiwan as an independent country? That is realpolitik. Ukraine forgot that.
What you don't understand is that Ukraine has no choice but to fight. They are against the wall. If the flow of supplies slows down to them, that just means that the Ukranians will die faster. Harsh, but true. Russia has no desire for a peace with Ukraine. They want all of it. Ask Barbos. If Ukraine ceded territory now, and demilitarized, Russia would invade the rest of the country in a year or so. If you want a rules based world with peace, you'd favor helping Ukraine and all countries to fight off invaders.

You completely failed to address your point about entering into security alliances for protection.

Back
Top Bottom