• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How Will the US Deal with the Black Muslim Police Officer Who Allegedly Shot and Killed an Unarmed White Woman?

Geeezzzz! The racism. A brown guy probably really wasn't qualified. That you two clowns would go there with no evidence is unsurprising.
Well we know that Minneapolis has been trying to recruit more minority officers, going even so far as to relax hiring standards
Star Tribune said:
Even so, some say that Police Chief Janeé Harteau has been more aggressive than her predecessors in hiring officers from underrepresented groups. For example, candidates with bad credit or who have been convicted of minor crimes aren’t automatically excluded as they might have been in the past, officials say.
Frustration grows with Minneapolis police psychological screening process

So it is hardly ridiculous or racist to suggest that Mo might have been a diversity hire. And he did have a complaints and a lawsuit.
According to the Office of Police Conduct Review, Noor has had three complaints filed against him, two of which remain open. Another was closed without discipline. Noor has been sued once in his short career with the police department, stemming from an incident on May 25 in which he and two other officers went to a woman’s home and took her to a hospital, which the woman alleges constituted false imprisonment, assault and battery. According to the ongoing lawsuit, the officers claimed they had reason to believe the woman was suffering a mental health crisis — which she denied — and Noor “grabbed her right wrist and upper arm,” exacerbating a previous shoulder injury in the process.
As with all these police complaints, it could be something or nothing.
And contrary to Star Tribune describing him as a "role model" in the neighborhood, at least one neighbor is not a fan.
Neighbour of Justine Damond’s killer gives shocking new insight into his behaviour
Daily Telegraph said:
“He is extremely nervous ... he is a little jumpy ... he doesn’t really respect women, the least thing you say to him can set him off,” Mr Miller said.
“When they say a policeman shot an Australian lady I thought uh, oh but then when they said who it was I was like, ‘OK.’”
He said Noor, who has refused to explain to investigators what led him to shoot dead bride-to-be Damond, was a strict and ill-tempered presence in the townhouse block, where children play together in a playground in a small park between the units.
Again, could be just a neighbor who didn't like him. But perhaps he is right about him being a jumpy guy who probably could not get hired by the MPD if the comish wasn't so eager to increase minority hiring.

In the age of Affirmative Action it is not racist to point out that race can play a role in hiring, especially for government jobs.

Your posting history is inconsistent with your belief.
Bullshit.

I did understand your post which is why I asked. Its incredible inanity made me wonder if you are well.
You obviously did not. It's one thing being a smart-ass about "those crazy Americans", but that does not change the fact that bilby knows full well that American and Australian cultures are much closer than Somali culture is to either. Hence my question to where he'd rather move.

Bullshit.

I did understand your post which is why I asked. Its incredible inanity made me wonder if you are well.
You obviously did not. It's one thing being a smart-ass about "those crazy Americans", but that does not change the fact that bilby knows full well that American and Australian cultures are much closer than Somali culture is to either. Hence my question to where he'd rather move.

I would rather move to Japan than to the US; but I imagine that you would claim that American and Australian cultures are much closer than Japanese culture is to either. So your challenge is clearly not valid as a means to compare the 'similarity' of cultures. Indeed, based on your posting history, the most important similarities in your mind seem to be gender and skin colour.

Bullshit.

I would rather move to Japan than to the US; but I imagine that you would claim that American and Australian cultures are much closer than Japanese culture is to either. So your challenge is clearly not valid as a means to compare the 'similarity' of cultures. Indeed, based on your posting history, the most important similarities in your mind seem to be gender and skin colour.

Ehh, difficult to say, I wouldn't be to keen on moving to what may very soon turn into an active warzone.

I would rather move to Japan than to the US; but I imagine that you would claim that American and Australian cultures are much closer than Japanese culture is to either.
I would say that. Would you disagree?
That said, Japanese culture is still lightyears closer to US/AUS than Somalia. The "where would you rather move" as proxy for cultural compatibility only works for large amounts of incompatibility. Like Somalia.

Indeed, based on your posting history, the most important similarities in your mind seem to be gender and skin colour.
Again, bullshit. The gender thing does not even make sense, as any culture has both men and women, not counting fictional ones like Themyscira.
And teh skin color doesn't make any sense either. There are a variety of skin colors present in both US and Australia. Imagine a black Australian came to US vs. a Somali. Both are black. But they are of very different cultures. Ok, the vegemite thing or drinking champagne out of a racing shoe (and offering it to people) after finishing on the podium is a bit weird, but other than that it's pretty similar.
RaHKag0.gif

And yes, Captain Picard later takes a drink too.
At least he is drinking champagne and not refusing to do his job because he might be in proximity to it.

Last edited:

Ehh, difficult to say, I wouldn't be to keen on moving to what may very soon turn into an active warzone.

I don't see Japan being part of an active warzone any time soon.

Is suspect you watch too much US based news, and as a result massively overestimate the treat posed by North Korea. South Korean residents have reason to be worried; but not Japanese.

Bullshit.
Your posting history speaks for itself.

The closeness on American and Australian culture is not relevant to the way police operate in the two countries because they operate differently - Aussies do not shoot to kill at the merest "provocation". Moreover, Somalia was never mentioned. Hence, your question whether he'd prefer to live in Somalia was (and still is) incredibly inane.

Which is why I asked if you were well, because you usually do not post such utterly stupid/inane questions. But, as you wish, I will now adjust my view.

Well we know that Minneapolis has been trying to recruit more minority officers, going even so far as to relax hiring standards
Star Tribune said:
Even so, some say that Police Chief Janeé Harteau has been more aggressive than her predecessors in hiring officers from underrepresented groups. For example, candidates with bad credit or who have been convicted of minor crimes aren’t automatically excluded as they might have been in the past, officials say.

So it is hardly ridiculous or racist to suggest that Mo might have been a diversity hire. And he did have a complaints and a lawsuit.
According to the Office of Police Conduct Review, Noor has had three complaints filed against him, two of which remain open. Another was closed without discipline. Noor has been sued once in his short career with the police department, stemming from an incident on May 25 in which he and two other officers went to a woman’s home and took her to a hospital, which the woman alleges constituted false imprisonment, assault and battery. According to the ongoing lawsuit, the officers claimed they had reason to believe the woman was suffering a mental health crisis — which she denied — and Noor “grabbed her right wrist and upper arm,” exacerbating a previous shoulder injury in the process.
And contrary to Star Tribune describing him as a "role model" in the neighborhood, at least one neighbor is not a fan.
Neighbour of Justine Damond’s killer gives shocking new insight into his behaviour
Daily Telegraph said:
“He is extremely nervous ... he is a little jumpy ... he doesn’t really respect women, the least thing you say to him can set him off,” Mr Miller said.
“When they say a policeman shot an Australian lady I thought uh, oh but then when they said who it was I was like, ‘OK.’”
He said Noor, who has refused to explain to investigators what led him to shoot dead bride-to-be Damond, was a strict and ill-tempered presence in the townhouse block, where children play together in a playground in a small park between the units.
Again, could be just a neighbor who didn't like him. But perhaps he is right about him being a jumpy guy who probably could not get hired by the MPD if the comish wasn't so eager to increase minority hiring.

In the age of Affirmative Action it is not racist to point out that race can play a role in hiring, especially for government jobs.

None of what you've said about qualifications has been applied to the officer in question. That you would apply it without knowing whether it's true or not is another stake in your racist heart.

Daily Telegraph said:

None of what you've said about qualifications has been applied to the officer in question. That you would apply it without knowing whether it's true or not is another stake in your racist heart.

I've got to come to Derec's defense here simply because there is not enough outrage over what happened. Calling her death "unnecessary?" Holy fuck! Is being politically correct so valuable these days that when something unthinkable like this happens we maintain our decorum and genteel dispositions at all costs? Is that it? Do we need to have a couple cops gun down a bunch of five-year-olds while their cameras are off at the kiddie pool? Where is the fucking line? Don't police chiefs show emotion anymore? Don't they call people on the carpet? Don't they demand answers to questions? It's just so fucking sickening as to be surreal.

I've got to come to Derec's defense here simply because there is not enough outrage over what happened. Calling her death "unnecessary?" Holy fuck! Is being politically correct so valuable these days that when something unthinkable like this happens we maintain our decorum and genteel dispositions at all costs? Is that it? Do we need to have a couple cops gun down a bunch of five-year-olds while their cameras are off at the kiddie pool? Where is the fucking line? Don't police chiefs show emotion anymore? Don't they call people on the carpet? Don't they demand answers to questions? It's just so fucking sickening as to be surreal.

I've already thought about this. I don't want to sound like I'm defending the officer's action. Sounds like it was a major fuck up and the officer should burn for it.

The racism in this thread just became too much for me to keep silent.

The closeness on American and Australian culture is not relevant to the way police operate in the two countries because they operate differently - Aussies do not shoot to kill at the merest "provocation".
My niece is a county mounty. She has to file a report whenever she draws her weapon, even if she simply unclips.

Bullshit. I did not even claim Mo was necessarily not qualified when hired. All I said that existence of race-based hiring in the US means that the suggestion that Mo might have been a "diversity hire" is not in itself ridiculous or racist. And that is true regardless of political correctness.

Daily Telegraph said:

Except this police shooting and people like Derec being "outraged" by it is simply along race lines. What happened is outrageous, however, what happened will be accounted for. The Police Chief resigned. The shooting officer will likely suffer consequences. The only reason Freddie Gray's killers or any number of the other officers were even tried was because of #BLM. Otherwise, the Police would have shrugged and that would have been that.

Some black guy gets shot, people like Derec rush quickly to their Facebook pages or Instagram site to find images that will turn the victim into some sort of ghetto blaster who deserved to be killed. To the likes of Derec it is only about race. So his personal outrage is hardly something to defend.

Your posting history speaks for itself.
Your history of twisting what I said into what it does not mean does too.

The closeness on American and Australian culture is not relevant to the way police operate in the two countries
I never said it did. Of course you are going to misunderstand what people say in threads if you are too lazy to bother what people's replies are in reference to.
The closeness of US and Australian culture was not referenced to make a point about US and Australian police procedures and practices but was referencing something Toni wrote.
I believe that the victim, Justine Damond, was also an immigrant. Something that seems to get lost. Maybe because her skin is white and she's blonde.
I replied with this.
And comes from a country with a culture very much compatible with that of the US. Unlike Somalia, by and large.

The reason why an Australian immigrant would be perceived as less foreign than say a Somali one is due to culture, not skin color. That was all I said, to which bilby went on his "Americans be crazy" rant and my reply about where he'd rather live.

because they operate differently - Aussies do not shoot to kill at the merest "provocation".
Which has fuck-all to do with what I was replying to. So please, read what people are replying to next time.

Moreover, Somalia was never mentioned.
It was implied in Toni's "also an immigrant". Also, as in comparison with Mo. Who is Somali. Do all the dots have to be painstakingly connected for you?

Hence, your question whether he'd prefer to live in Somalia was (and still is) incredibly inane.
Not inane at all. Unless you completely disregard what different posts are replying to.

Which is why I asked if you were well, because you usually do not post such utterly stupid/inane questions. But, as you wish, I will now adjust my view.
I am getting concerned for you as well.

Bullshit. I did not even claim Mo was necessarily not qualified when hired. All I said that existence of race-based hiring in the US means that the suggestion that Mo might have been a "diversity hire" is not in itself ridiculous or racist. And that is true regardless of political correctness.

Diversity hire is itself a racist term.

Daily Telegraph said:

They'll probably spend more time investigating and prosecuting the "Easily Startled" signs. One printer called them inappropriate and denied being the producer of the signs. If I were him I'd have said, "No, I didn't make them or erect them, but I wish I had." Those are the things that need to be said, not how inappropriate they are.

Except this police shooting and people like Derec being "outraged" by it is simply along race lines.
No, it is not. Regardless of race of participants, it is my view that it is the facts of the individual case that should matter, not race.

Where race comes into it is that there were a number of justified police shootings (Mike Brown, Mario Woods, Keith Scott) that led to outrage and even riots simply because the shootee was black. Cases with similar facts where the shootee is white simply do not make the news or lead to outrage/riots.
The only reason Freddie Gray's killers or any number of the other officers were even tried was because of #BLM. Otherwise, the Police would have shrugged and that would have been that.
What happened to Freddie Grey was an accident and, you are right, the only reason the officers were charged was because of #BLM rioting and because Marilyn Mosby had political aspirations. Emphasis on had.
Based on facts of the case, the officers would not have been charged, or at least most of the six would not have been and the driver would not have been charged with murder but negligent homicide at most. There was no "rough ride" and Freddie Grey had a history of injuring himself in custody.
You are making my point. The race, not facts, were the reason Mosby decided to charge the six officers, one of them with murder.

Some black guy gets shot, people like Derec rush quickly to their Facebook pages or Instagram site to find images that will turn the victim into some sort of
Nonsense. By the time these things make the news their Facebook etc. is usually already disabled or cleaned up.
But usually information emerges that challenges the official narratives of "gentle giants" or "9mm turkey sandwiches". Should that information not be made public? Should the false family/#BLM narrative be left unchallenged?

ghetto blaster who deserved to be killed.
What? Like Radio Raheem?

To the likes of Derec it is only about race. So his personal outrage is hardly something to defend.
You could not be more wrong. What I am about is challenging those like #BLM who are only about race. Who think that a robbery who attacks a police officer and tries to take his gun is equivalent to a woman in her pajamas being shot for apparently no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Only inasmuch "nepotism hire" is an anti-family term.

No, it is not. Regardless of race of participants, it is my view that it is the facts of the individual case that should matter, not race.

Where race comes into it is that there were a number of justified police shootings (Mike Brown, Mario Woods, Keith Scott) that led to outrage and even riots simply because the shootee was black. Cases with similar facts where the shootee is white simply do not make the news or lead to outrage/riots.
The only reason Freddie Gray's killers or any number of the other officers were even tried was because of #BLM. Otherwise, the Police would have shrugged and that would have been that.
What happened to Freddie Grey was an accident and, you are right, the only reason the officers were charged was because of #BLM rioting and because Marilyn Mosby had political aspirations. Emphasis on had.
Based on facts of the case, the officers would not have been charged, or at least most of the six would not have been and the driver would not have been charged with murder but negligent homicide at most. There was no "rough ride" and Freddie Grey had a history of injuring himself in custody.
You are making my point. The race, not facts, were the reason Mosby decided to charge the six officers, one of them with murder.

Some black guy gets shot, people like Derec rush quickly to their Facebook pages or Instagram site to find images that will turn the victim into some sort of
Nonsense. By the time these things make the news their Facebook etc. is usually already disabled or cleaned up.
But usually information emerges that challenges the official narratives of "gentle giants" or "9mm turkey sandwiches". Should that information not be made public? Should the false family/#BLM narrative be left unchallenged?

ghetto blaster who deserved to be killed.
What? Like Radio Raheem?

To the likes of Derec it is only about race. So his personal outrage is hardly something to defend.
You could not be more wrong. What I am about is challenging those like #BLM who are only about race. Who think that a robbery who attacks a police officer and tries to take his gun is equivalent to a woman in her pajamas being shot for apparently no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Only inasmuch "nepotism hire" is an anti-family term.

Saying that someone only got a job because the employer just wanted a black and not because the employer thought he was the best possible candidate falls in line with racist thought.

Back
Top Bottom