• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How Will the US Deal with the Black Muslim Police Officer Who Allegedly Shot and Killed an Unarmed White Woman?

That depends what you mean by 'compatible'; Most of my countrymen seem to think that American culture is batshit crazy.
Let me ask you this, smartass. Would you (and all the Bruces and Sheilas you know) rather move to New York or LA or even Atlanta, or to Mogadishu?

That depends what you mean by 'compatible'; Most of my countrymen seem to think that American culture is batshit crazy.
Let me ask you this, smartass. Would you (and all the Bruces and Sheilas you know) rather move to New York or LA or even Atlanta, or to Mogadishu?

^ See what I mean? Batshit crazy. :rolleyes:

Clearly not compatible with Aussie culture. Also, doesn't appear to have read the first half of the sentence to which he is responding.

Derec, I do understand that by 'culture' you really mean 'skin colour'; But I don't see any particular reason to buy into your pretense that you are not a racist prick, largely because I, personally, am not compatible with your "culture" of sub-textual racism.

Both perpetrator and victim were immigrants; Indeed, the victim was merely a foreign national resident in the US, while the perpetrator, being a cop, was presumably* a naturalized citizen. But the victim is not a 'real' immigrant because she is white from a compatible culture. Sure. :rolleyes:

* Over here, you must be a citizen in order to work in most government roles; Including joining the police. I presume that's also true in the case of cops in the USA, but perhaps not. Certainly he would have needed balls of steel to apply for a job as a police officer if he was not lawfully allowed to do so

I know I've heard that one plenty of times.
Did Justine attack the cop and tried to get his gun?

I don't know as I wasn't there.

Derec said:
No, but Michael Brown did.

Did he?

Derec said:
And yet the racists keep insisting that the only difference in the two cases is skin color.

I didn't see you write that.

By the way, Derec, didn't you realize that the one shot was a woman who called the police about an alleged sexual assault? Since according to you, most of them are liars, they can't be trusted. So now what are you going to do when your sexism conflicts with your racism? Which one trumps the other for you?

I know I've heard that one plenty of times.
Did Justine attack the cop and tried to get his gun?
No, but Michael Brown did. And yet the racists keep insisting that the only difference in the two cases is skin color.
I have not seen you make that claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, are you well?

I acknowledge a very slim, but real possibility that Justine Damond was highly stressed and was maybe yelling angrily and waving her hands around and even hit incidentally the car while flailing. That is honestly what would be needed to make this bad shooting even remotely possible.

Just because she doesn't seem to a person who would do that does not mean she was having a rare emotional outburst. Even stable, normally rational people have outbursts at times. I can't see it being more likely that a man or woman would do that either.

But I would not assume or imply anything about her or the cop at this point. Hope the investigation is carried out well. Also that drug testing of both happens. I want to hear the 911 calls as well and get a gauge on Damond's frame of mind.

Both police officers in the vehicle were relatively inexperienced. I find that an example of poor management.

^ See what I mean? Batshit crazy. :rolleyes:
It was a simple question. If you had to move to either US or Somalia, where would you go?
Clearly not compatible with Aussie culture. Also, doesn't appear to have read the first half of the sentence to which he is responding.
No, my question assumed the first part as well. Define 'compatible' however you fucking want, it will not change the answer if you are honest.

Derec, I do understand that by 'culture' you really mean 'skin colour';
You understand wrong. By culture I mean culture. Things like women having to cover up and other restrictions of the Sharia.

But I don't see any particular reason to buy into your pretense that you are not a racist prick, largely because I, personally, am not compatible with your "culture" of sub-textual racism.
It's so subtextual as to be imaginary. That's the problem with contemporary race crusaders and virtue signalers. Absent prevalent real racism, increasingly subtle forms of alleged racism have to be recognized. That's where we get the whole idea of microaggressions from too.

Both perpetrator and victim were immigrants;
Did anybody deny it?

Indeed, the victim was merely a foreign national resident in the US, while the perpetrator, being a cop, was presumably* a naturalized citizen. But the victim is not a 'real' immigrant because she is white from a compatible culture. Sure. :rolleyes:
Who said anything about her not really being an immigrant? I merely pointed out that US and Australia, both being Western cultures established by Europeans are much more similar and compatible than the Somali culture, where most people practice a very traditional and conservative form of Islam. There have been instances of Somali taxi drivers who refused to take customers who had alcohol or service dogs and of check-out clerks who refused to check out customers who had alcohol or pork products in their shopping carts.
But no, I am sure that Australian culture is much more similar and compatible to that, and anybody who disagrees must be a racist. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I have not seen you make that claim.
That's because I, unlike the author of The Stanger article in the OP, am not a racist.

Seriously, are you well?
Are you? If you are unable to comprehend what I was saying there, maybe you are getting dementia or something.

Last edited:
I don't know as I wasn't there.
By that standard we should close this forum. Vast majority of participants in various discussions in PD have not been at the events in question.
If the two officers claimed that she had attacked one of them and went for his gun, we would have heard about it by now.

Yes. That has been pretty firmly established.

I didn't see you write that.
That's because I am not a racist. Unlike the author in your OP and those who agree with him.

By the way, Derec, didn't you realize that the one shot was a woman who called the police about an alleged sexual assault? Since according to you, most of them are liars, they can't be trusted.
She observed a possible sexual assault in an alley. She has, as far as we know, no reason to lie. She was a disinterested witness.
Unlike a girl who had consensual sex with a guy and is mad because he didn't want to become her boyfriend and decides to ruin his life by falsely accusing him of rape.
I did not say most alleged sexual assaults are false (although the false rate is certainly much higher than the 2-8% touted by feminists), but those that are questionable enough to become PD discussions are definitely mostly false. Most alleged sexual assaults are pretty clear cut and are thus not discussed. I.e. there is a selection bias in claims of sexual assault that make it to being discussed on here.

So now what are you going to do when your sexism conflicts with your racism? Which one trumps the other for you?
Since I am neither a sexist nor a racist, that is a nonsensical question.

That's because I, unlike the author of The Stanger article in the OP, am not a racist.
Your posting history is inconsistent with your belief.
Are you? If you are unable to comprehend what I was saying there, maybe you are getting dementia or something.
I did understand your post which is why I asked. Its incredible inanity made me wonder if you are well.

Honestly, I don't see much of a difference at all, though the parallel I would draw is between Phillando and Justine.

Neither did anything wrong and both were shot by twitchy cops who didn't know what they were doing. Both shootings completely support my view that police officers normally in public contact should not be armed, except with cameras to document their interactions with the public, and to provide evidence against those charged with violence against the police, and any police shooting not recorded by a body camera would in this setting result in an instant conviction of the officer of negligent homicide.

Philandro fucked up the stopped-while-armed bit, likely due to being stoned. The cop was definitely wrong but Philandro played a substantial part in his demise.

I haven't seen anything Justine did wrong.

Geeezzzz! The racism. A brown guy probably really wasn't qualified. That you two clowns would go there with no evidence is unsurprising.

Wait, there's no evidence this guy wasn't qualified?

Qualified people make mistakes all the time. Oh, sorry. I forgot, your perfect and never fuck up.

Do you really want to jump on their racist bandwagon and join them?

Qualified people make mistakes all the time. Oh, sorry. I forgot, your perfect and never fuck up.

This guy inexplicably shot across his partner to kill an unarmed woman in pajamas.

Qualified at what?

Fuck off. You're dismalising another thread. And this time doing it to defend outright racism.

Honestly, I don't see much of a difference at all, though the parallel I would draw is between Phillando and Justine.

Neither did anything wrong and both were shot by twitchy cops who didn't know what they were doing. Both shootings completely support my view that police officers normally in public contact should not be armed, except with cameras to document their interactions with the public, and to provide evidence against those charged with violence against the police, and any police shooting not recorded by a body camera would in this setting result in an instant conviction of the officer of negligent homicide.

Philandro fucked up the stopped-while-armed bit, likely due to being stoned. The cop was definitely wrong but Philandro played a substantial part in his demise.
If the officer was definitely wrong, then Mr. Castile did not play a substantial part in his killing unless by "substantial part" you mean "being a black man in a car".

Yes, she did have a big share of the guilt. I would even say the majority.
She drank to excess (almost 3 times the legal limit at time of death), she crashed her car, she banged on the guy's door like a madwoman at 4am. She is not blameless, and that has nothing to do with her skin color.

You even used your code word "thug" to describe an innocent woman knocking on a door because her car broken down.
Did I? I do not recall using that word...
- She wasn't knocking. She was banging. At 4 am.
- Her car did not break down. She crashed it because she was drunk (.22% BAC three hours after the crash)
- She wasn't looking for help either. There were three hours between the crash and the banging and she ignored offers of help by people who came to the scene. So what was she doing at his house demanding entry? What did she do between the crash and the banging?

You dug up every sniff of anything you could find on her to shift the blame, while NOT subjecting the CONVICTED shooter to the same scrutiny.
This is way beyond the sniff. It is correcting the complete misrepresentation of the case.

The jury CONVICTED the white man, but you still went on and on and on that he was perfectly justified in shooting her dead.
He says the shotgun went off accidentally. I do not think McBride deserved to die, but at the same time I do think he was justified investigating loud banging at his home in Detroit (very high crime rate) while armed. While she did not deserve to die, neither does he deserve to spend decades in prison.

Thank you for proving my point yet again. You will say ANYTHING... no matter how false or defamatory... to blame a black person for being killed by a white person (police officer or not).

Had Justine Damond been black, you would be insisting she "did have a big share of the guilt... even say the majority" for sneaking up on the cops and startling them. You would be ranting about how she stayed in her apartment. You would be searching for anything she ever did in her entire life that you could exaggerate and use to denigrate her. You would be making fun of her name and/or purposely misspelling it, and using belittling words to describe her.

But, Justine Damond was a pretty white woman, so you sing a completely different tune here.

In the meantime, the rest of us are still decrying police violence - regardless who the victim is.

Thank you for proving my point yet again. You will say ANYTHING... no matter how false or defamatory... to blame a black person for being killed by a white person (police officer or not).
Nothing I said was false. And to be defamatory it first has to be false.
RavenSky, put up or shut up: what did I say that was in any way "false" about that case? Specifically.

Had Justine Damond been black, you would be insisting she "did have a big share of the guilt... even say the majority" for sneaking up on the cops and startling them. You would be ranting about how she stayed in her apartment. You would be searching for anything she ever did in her entire life that you could exaggerate and use to denigrate her.
Bullshit. If she was black but everything else stayed the same, I would not do any of these things.
However, you will declare anything bad a black person does as not a big deal or even pretend that any unflattering fact about a black person is "false" just to perpetuate the myth that there is this horrible anti-black bias in the US.

You would be making fun of her name and/or purposely misspelling it, and using belittling words to describe her.
You are wrong again. It was Al Sharpton who misspelled her name.

But, Justine Damond was a pretty white woman, so you sing a completely different tune here.
That doesn't have anything to do with anything. It is that, according to the information we have so far, she did nothing wrong.
Is that so hard for you to comprehend? Facts of individual cases matter.

In the meantime, the rest of us are still decrying police violence - regardless who the victim is.
I think we should treat every case the same regardless of who the person is as far as their race or gender.
Not so much when it comes to their behavior. Which is why The Stranger article in the OP is so off base.

- - - Updated - - -

Derec, look up the meaning to word animus and analyze your own.
RUN ANIMUSFINDER -- SEARCHING - 100 % -- ANALYSIS COMPLETE -- ANIMUS NOT FOUND -- END PROGRAM

Back
Top Bottom