• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I think we can make the positive claim that nothing like 'gods' exist

You are still confusing our creation in terms of something outside us.
We are a singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0) 10011100011
1 consciousness a singularity
Using a binary system to create the
UNI verse as a collective consciousness of our different life experiences.. to get a better full understanding of what we truly are.
No, I'm rejecting solipsism. Do you know what solipsism is?

Essentially, solipsism says "it's all about me".

But it's not. It's not about you. I would imagine it must be something to be like anything, but the universe being everything is just a trite tautology that doesn't take us anywhere meaningful.

It is just the crowing of Ion.

You seem hung up on a particular philosophy lecture of the ideas of "same" and "different", or "true" and "false". Most of us have already ascribed proper worth to these in the operation of modal logic, and moved off from there to form more reasoned approaches. Whether or not someone calls this "worship" is irrelevant to what it is, which is "useful". Why is it useful? Because of the absurdity that reality happens to be.

It doesn't need much more than that to know when absurdities such as what we are may exist, what is right by one another! It may ultimately prove to be mathematically describable as to what that means, but that doesn't give cause for worship and praise, and it still requires doubt due to Godel's Incompleteness Theorem, an implication of the actual math.

@AGodForTheAtheist Wow. So, you haven't even provided a single proof. You've only provided evidence that you worship numbers and you believe math is God, but you haven't defined nor proven any of it upon axioms.

I'm perfectly fine accepting that consciousness is a necessary phenomena of matter, and so as to say I am not all there is. The universe exists and I exist as a function of it. But to ascribe consciousness to a machine prior to any point that machine displays consciousness through it's function (and humans between us have devised the ability to give consciousness to a machine) is daft.

The evidence I have seen is that all infinite normal series may contain all finite sequences, and thus this universe may exist as a function of many different mathematical operations, until it's form is demonstrated to be one of a subset of those.

But moreover it doesn't matter whether there is a god as to how we ought treat one another. I'm a god of a universe. Several universes, in fact. And I am also an abjectly shitty god.

Rather, What matters is that we show our work about what THAT looks like (thanks Socrates re: Euthephro)

You can either start with modal logic and traverse Langland's Program, or maybe just start with Godel's work.

To the point of it, I don't need or want flowing worship from my created universes, and neither does math.

If you really want to worship math properly, learn it, and even doubt it. Understanding the universe? I daresay that's why we are all here at these forums, to discuss and have challenged our understanding of the universe, so as to refine it.

I don't need Ion up in this place crowing at me.

If you wanted to show there is a god, please demonstrate the infinite normal series starting at 0, which implies an existence with an intelligence launching this.

I do, myself feel... well, what I felt in church when I would feel good about worship... when I do math and number theory or when I'm solving problems, or when I'm refining my understanding of the universe, what it is, how it functions. But that doesn't mean you should be bothering folks trying to convert them to something and get prestige over converting them.

Could you please take a fucking moment to consider that you should take time in a place before jumping in and spewing "WORSHIP THIS!" in their faces?

Many of us not on the totally hardened side of the strong atheists actually support some variation of redirecting worship towards understanding against a razor of doubt.

The foundation of all progress is doubt, the assumption that you are wrong, even when it appears you are right.

In this way, going all the way to hard math gets you into outcomes like I Am Mother.

You have to let people be sloppy, same as how you have to let an AI be a bit sloppy to land the rocket.
Could you please confine your messages to single concepts. Right from the beginning you are on a math tangent. In my messages I refer to math in terms of the binary system. 100111000 is used to express everything.
Thoughts firing synapses vibrating e10001111
Sights colours angstroms vibrating energy
Sounds words decibels vibrating energy
If you have any questions of any aspect of our existence I need it expressed in a shorter simpler form.

UNI verse as a collective consciousness of our different life experiences.. to get a better full understanding of what we truly are.

That sounds very Hindu to me. Nothing new. Around 2500-3000 year old philosophy. Try reading Vedic writings it may calm you down.
They became popular in the 60s-70s with young people who rejected mainstream western-American culture.

The Vedas (/ˈveɪdəz/,[4] IAST: veda, Sanskrit: वेदः, lit. 'knowledge') are a large body of religious texts originating in ancient India. Composed in Vedic Sanskrit, the texts constitute the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest scriptures of Hinduism.[5][6][7]

There are four Vedas: the Rigveda, the Yajurveda, the Samaveda and the Atharvaveda.[8][9] Each Veda has four subdivisions – the Samhitas (mantras and benedictions), the Aranyakas (text on rituals, ceremonies, sacrifices and symbolic-sacrifices), the Brahmanas (commentaries on rituals, ceremonies and sacrifices), and the Upanishads (texts discussing meditation, philosophy and spiritual knowledge).[8][10][11] Some scholars add a fifth category – the Upasanas (worship).[12][13] The texts of the Upanishads discuss ideas akin to the heterodox sramana-traditions.[14]

Vedas are śruti ("what is heard"),[15] distinguishing them from other religious texts, which are called smṛti ("what is remembered"). Hindus consider the Vedas to be apauruṣeya, which means "not of a man, superhuman"[16] and "impersonal, authorless,"[17][18][19] revelations of sacred sounds and texts heard by ancient sages after intense meditation.[20][21]

The Vedas have been orally transmitted since the 2nd millennium BCE with the help of elaborate mnemonic techniques.[22][23][24] The mantras, the oldest part of the Vedas, are recited in the modern age for their phonology rather than the semantics, and are considered to be "primordial rhythms of creation", preceding the forms to which they refer.[25] By reciting them the cosmos is regenerated, "by enlivening and nourishing the forms of creation at their base."[25]

The various Indian philosophies and Hindu denominations have taken differing positions on the Vedas; schools of Indian philosophy which acknowledge the primal authority of the Vedas are classified as "orthodox" (āstika).[note 2] Other śramaṇa traditions, such as Charvaka, Ajivika, Buddhism and Jainism, which did not regard the Vedas as authorities, are referred to as "heterodox" or "non-orthodox" (nāstika) schools.[14][26]

The Shrimad Bhagavad Gita (/ˌbʌɡəvəd ˈɡiːtɑː/; Sanskrit: श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता, romanized: śrīmadbhagavadgītā, lit. 'The Song by God';[a]),[1] often referred to as the Gita (IAST: gītā), is a 700-verse Hindu scripture that is part of the epic Mahabharata (chapters 23–40 of book 6 of the Mahabharata called the Bhishma Parva), dated to the second half of the first millennium BCE and is typical of the Hindu synthesis. It is considered to be one of the holy scriptures for Hinduism.

The Gita is set in a narrative framework of a dialogue between Pandava prince Arjuna and his guide and charioteer Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. At the start of the Dharma Yuddha (righteous war) between Pandavas and Kauravas, Arjuna is filled with moral dilemma and despair about the violence and death the war will cause in the battle against his own kin.[2] He wonders if he should renounce and seeks Krishna's counsel, whose answers and discourse constitute the Bhagavad Gita. Krishna counsels Arjuna to "fulfill his Kshatriya (warrior) duty to uphold the Dharma" through "selfless action".[web 1][3][note 1] The Krishna–Arjuna dialogues cover a broad range of spiritual topics, touching upon ethical dilemmas and philosophical issues that go far beyond the war Arjuna faces.[1][4][5]

But it's not. It's not about you. I would imagine it must be something to be like anything, but the universe being everything is just a trite tautology that doesn't take us anywhere meaningful.

You seem hung up on a particular philosophy lecture of the ideas of "same" and "different", or "true" and "false". Most of us have already ascribed proper worth to these in the operation of modal logic, and moved off from there to form more reasoned approaches. Whether or not someone calls this "worship" is irrelevant to what it is, which is "useful". Why is it useful? Because of the absurdity that reality happens to be.

It doesn't need much more than that to know when absurdities such as what we are may exist, what is right by one another! It may ultimately prove to be mathematically describable as to what that means, but that doesn't give cause for worship and praise, and it still requires doubt due to Godel's Incompleteness Theorem, an implication of the actual math.
Solipsism .. simply put .. I think therefore I know I am…
Everything else is just a product of my firing synapses . You are a part of my mind because you have expressed your existence in vibrating energy.. angstroms decibels firing synapses. 10011100011 sight sound thoughts we use that binary system to create and communicate and express our consciousness as a singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0) …

That sounds very Hindu to me. Nothing new. Around 2500-3000 year old philosophy. Try reading Vedic writings it may calm you down.
They became popular in the 60s-70s with young people who rejected mainstream western-American culture.

The Vedas (/ˈveɪdəz/,[4] IAST: veda, Sanskrit: वेदः, lit. 'knowledge') are a large body of religious texts originating in ancient India. Composed in Vedic Sanskrit, the texts constitute the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest scriptures of Hinduism.[5][6][7]

There are four Vedas: the Rigveda, the Yajurveda, the Samaveda and the Atharvaveda.[8][9] Each Veda has four subdivisions – the Samhitas (mantras and benedictions), the Aranyakas (text on rituals, ceremonies, sacrifices and symbolic-sacrifices), the Brahmanas (commentaries on rituals, ceremonies and sacrifices), and the Upanishads (texts discussing meditation, philosophy and spiritual knowledge).[8][10][11] Some scholars add a fifth category – the Upasanas (worship).[12][13] The texts of the Upanishads discuss ideas akin to the heterodox sramana-traditions.[14]

Vedas are śruti ("what is heard"),[15] distinguishing them from other religious texts, which are called smṛti ("what is remembered"). Hindus consider the Vedas to be apauruṣeya, which means "not of a man, superhuman"[16] and "impersonal, authorless,"[17][18][19] revelations of sacred sounds and texts heard by ancient sages after intense meditation.[20][21]

The Vedas have been orally transmitted since the 2nd millennium BCE with the help of elaborate mnemonic techniques.[22][23][24] The mantras, the oldest part of the Vedas, are recited in the modern age for their phonology rather than the semantics, and are considered to be "primordial rhythms of creation", preceding the forms to which they refer.[25] By reciting them the cosmos is regenerated, "by enlivening and nourishing the forms of creation at their base."[25]

The various Indian philosophies and Hindu denominations have taken differing positions on the Vedas; schools of Indian philosophy which acknowledge the primal authority of the Vedas are classified as "orthodox" (āstika).[note 2] Other śramaṇa traditions, such as Charvaka, Ajivika, Buddhism and Jainism, which did not regard the Vedas as authorities, are referred to as "heterodox" or "non-orthodox" (nāstika) schools.[14][26]

The Shrimad Bhagavad Gita (/ˌbʌɡəvəd ˈɡiːtɑː/; Sanskrit: श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता, romanized: śrīmadbhagavadgītā, lit. 'The Song by God';[a]),[1] often referred to as the Gita (IAST: gītā), is a 700-verse Hindu scripture that is part of the epic Mahabharata (chapters 23–40 of book 6 of the Mahabharata called the Bhishma Parva), dated to the second half of the first millennium BCE and is typical of the Hindu synthesis. It is considered to be one of the holy scriptures for Hinduism.

The Gita is set in a narrative framework of a dialogue between Pandava prince Arjuna and his guide and charioteer Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. At the start of the Dharma Yuddha (righteous war) between Pandavas and Kauravas, Arjuna is filled with moral dilemma and despair about the violence and death the war will cause in the battle against his own kin.[2] He wonders if he should renounce and seeks Krishna's counsel, whose answers and discourse constitute the Bhagavad Gita. Krishna counsels Arjuna to "fulfill his Kshatriya (warrior) duty to uphold the Dharma" through "selfless action".[web 1][3][note 1] The Krishna–Arjuna dialogues cover a broad range of spiritual topics, touching upon ethical dilemmas and philosophical issues that go far beyond the war Arjuna faces.[1][4][5]
Vedas are just the expression of our concepts of psychology religion philosophy.. all the different aspects of the experience of our existence.
It’s is sad that we kill in the name of Jesus .. we call those who disagree with our opinion of what’s right satanic or evil. The rapture is coming when we will finally understand the golden rule which just says.. stop being selfish and look at things from the other points of view… LOVE YOUR ENEMIES…they have been raised under different circumstances and understanding.. but we can communicate and cooperate and concede to come to a mutually beneficial solution to our differences.

You really need to be more open minded to stop arguing and fight over different opinions based on our different needs and experiences.
Love your enemy… is the path to reason and understand that brings peace and harmony. It is the duality of up down good evil sad happy 1010011000 binary system we use to create and communicate the consequences good or bad and learn from them.
Any communication is based on the binary system from firing synapses to sight sound and thoughts

You really need to be more open minded to stop arguing and fight over different opinions based on our different needs and experiences.
Love your enemy… is the path to reason and understand that brings peace and harmony. It is the duality of up down good evil sad happy 1010011000 binary system we use to create and communicate the consequences good or bad and learn from them.
Any communication is based on the binary system from firing synapses to sight sound and thoughts
If you wish to prove something like "Mutually Compatible Self Actualization filtered upon best symmetrically informed consent*", I keep saying it, show your work in your own thread. You don't need to go crowing on about it like Ion.

Please start with set theory, and work your way on from there. That's the path you are seeking.

*is the most powerful basis for strategic memetic retention in embedded actor undirected game theory.

We are just a singularity consciousness
OK, we can add 'singularity' to the list of words you use without understanding the meanings of.
Will you knock it off? Prove we as a UNI-verse are not a singularity.
Prove that we as a COLLECTIVE consciousness are not a singularity.
Prove that I am not a singularity just dreaming that everything else exists
I think therefore “I” am everything could be just part of my thoughts…

OK, we can add 'singularity' to the list of words you use without understanding the meanings of.
Prove that any of the words you are saying have any use or provide any leverage whatsoever against anything we might perceive to be a natural evil?

Masturbate in private all you want over what you think we are, but until you do the math and show your work, please bugger off.

If you wish to prove something like "Mutually Compatible Self Actualization filtered upon best symmetrically informed consent*", I keep saying it, show your work in your own thread. You don't need to go crowing on about it like Ion.

Please start with set theory, and work your way on from there. That's the path you are seeking.

*is the most powerful basis for strategic memetic retention in embedded actor undirected game theory.
I phrased it as creating a “mutually beneficial solution to our differences. Thank you for the advice.. “god” whatever that is..lol is telling me to write a book about what we are as a universe and why we created ourself .. I am not a writer or a religious person… sigh…. But I think I know the truth?? What is truth?

Prove that any of the words you are saying have any use or provide any leverage whatsoever against anything we might perceive to be a natural evil?

Masturbate in private all you want over what you think we are, but until you do the math and show your work, please bugger off.
If you don’t like what I say, YOU bugger off…you have quite an ego thinking you are more knowledgeable than me. I just have my own personal opinions. Right or wrong. I think we should share our “truths” with one another . To know what a chair is you need to look at from the sides “h” the front back “H” and the top and bottom “D” YOUR opinion is just one perception of what a chair looks like.

Evil???
Which is evil ?trying to protect your ability to survive against a Ukrainian membargo on trade that will cause your people to die of starvation?… like Russia is doing?
Or pretending you are a victim like Ukraine is doing to force its will on their Russian neighbours. It is NATO who has caused the death of millions in this disgusting lack of consideration for those being slaughtered?
EDIT: Oh yeah more specifically… all the words I said reflect the concept of many songs.
We are the world…
Heal the world … for the entire human race
We are instruments marching in a common
And….
From a distance
The world looks blue and green
And the snow capped mountains white

From a distance
The ocean meets the stream
And the eagle takes to flight

From a distance
There is harmony
And it echoes through the land

It's the voice of hope
It's the voice of peace
It's the voice of every man

From a distance
We all have enough
And no one is in need

And there are no guns,
No bombs, and no disease
No hungry mouths to feed

From a distance
We are instruments
Marching in a common band

Playing songs of hope
Playing songs of peace
They are the songs of every man

God is watching us
God is watching us
God is watching us
From a distance

From a distance
You look like my friend
Even though we are at war

From a distance
I just cannot comprehend
What all this fighting's for

From a distance
There is harmony
And it echoes through the land

And it's the hope of hopes
It's the love of loves
It's the heart of every man

It's the hope of hopes
It's the love of loves
This is the song for every man

God is watching us
God is watching us
God is watching us
From a distance

Oh, God is watching us
God is watching
God is watching us
From a distance

Vedas are just the expression of our concepts of psychology religion philosophy.. all the different aspects of the experience of our existence.
It’s is sad that we kill in the name of Jesus .. we call those who disagree with our opinion of what’s right satanic or evil. The rapture is coming when we will finally understand the golden rule which just says.. stop being selfish and look at things from the other points of view… LOVE YOUR ENEMIES…they have been raised under different circumstances and understanding.. but we can communicate and cooperate and concede to come to a mutually beneficial solution to our differences.
My point is there is nothing realy new in what you say. You've added modern science to it without ubdestanding terms like energy. That combo is not new.

I call that New Age Mysticism.

A modern expert is Deepak Chopra. I have watched him on PBS. He is a degreed MD. He expertly weaves traditional Indian philosophy and mysticism with modern physics. Consiounesss explained as some etherall mix of the mystical and quantum mechanics. The audience is enthralled. In the 90s he claimed an earthquake was caused accidentally by his mediataing.

The difference between you and Chopra is that he actually knows science. You can learn what polished gobbledygook looks like by watching his videos. You are an amateur in comparison.

If you are going to publish you have a lot of conpetition for the New AGE market. Authors with academic credentials. Take a look at the Coast To Coast AM web site.

My point is there is nothing realy new in what you say. You've added modern science to it without ubdestanding terms like energy. That combo is not new.

A modern expert is Deepak Chopra. I have watched him on PBS. He is a degreed MD. He expertly weaves traditional Indian philosophy and mysticism with modern physics. Consiounesss explained as some etherall mix of the mystical and quantum mechanics. The audience is enthralled. In the 90s he claimed an earthquake was caused accidentally by his mediataing.

The difference between you and Chopra is that he actually knows science. You can learn what polished gobbledygook looks like by watching his videos. You are an amateur in comparison.

If you are going to publish you have a lot of conpetition for the New AGE market. Authors with academic credentials. Take a look at the Coast To Coast AM web site.
E=mc2
Mass is just the relationship between light and velocity… it’s not a physical thing…. Atoms protons leptons subatomic particles ARE NOT PHYSICAL.. they are a perception of electromagnetic forces. Vibrating energy angstroms decibels firing synapses.. vibrating energy perceived and labelled as mass that they are not….

-_-

Yes, leptons, quarks, etc are physical. If they were variances of a complex interaction of field harmonics of a mathematical nature, they would still be "physical" because of what a "physics" is: a system of sequential interactions by fixed process against a field or set of fields.

The fields are literally then "the fields of the physics", shortened to "the physical fields".

These fields are numerical and even quantum in nature.

But they are absolutely "physical".

To call them anything but is an abuse of the word "physics".

If you don’t like what I say, YOU bugger off…you have quite an ego thinking you are more knowledgeable than me. I just have my own personal opinions. Right or wrong. I think we should share our “truths” with one another . To know what a chair is you need to look at from the sides “h” the front back “H” and the top and bottom “D” YOUR opinion is just one perception of what a chair looks like.
As I said, if you wish to share your truths meaningfully, I provided at least one valid option to do so: show your work.

What you are doing otherwise is proselytizing.

As I said, if you wish to share your truths meaningfully, I provided at least one valid option to do so: show your work.

Exactly what work? The math ? No problem?
This is a binary sentence.
1010100 1101000 1101001 1110011 100000 1101001 1110011 100000 1100001 100000 1100010 1101001 1101110 1100001 1110010 1111001 100000 1110011 1100101 1101110 1110100 1100101 1101110 1100011 1100101 101110
The above is all a computers or brain understands… words are created by vibrating energy. That’s all our consciousness understands it’s called firing synapses.. our consciousness communicates by converting vibrating energy into consciousness…
TRUTH is everything is created and communicated as vibrating energy.
Angstroms decibels firing synapses
All just vibrating energy we create a perception of a physical reality in order to make our boring lonely existence as a singularity consciousness
(1) in a universe of nothingness (0)
A more enjoyable experience.
I think therefore I (I AM) but what am I where when how why do I exist?
I am or god as the bible refers to our creator
A singularity (I) vibrating (AM)
If you are unable to understand the above concepts then it is because you are not educated enough to follow simple evidence logic and reason.

1010100 1101000 1101001 1110011 100000 1101001 1110011 100000 1100001 100000 1100010 1101001 1101110 1100001 1110010 1111001 100000 1110011 1100101 1101110 1110100 1100101 1101110 1100011 1100101 101110
The above is all a computers or brain understands… words are created by vibrating energy. That’s all our consciousness understands it’s called firing synapses.. our consciousness communicates by converting vibrating energy into consciousness…
All just vibrating energy we create a perception of a physical reality in order to make our boring lonely existence as a singularity consciousness
If you are unable to understand the above concepts then it is because you are not educated enough to follow simple evidence logic and reason.
This is just word salad. This is not acceptable work.

When you can pick up a nontrivializing group of set theoretic axioms, and use that to coerce a statement of the form terminating in something similar to "according to °°° property, therefore, from the axioms of ••• class/set theory, I have demonstrated that people ought ***," and which actually tracks from those axioms all the way through to ***, you're just vomiting bullshit, and honestly trivializing the life's work of people who actually are working to do that, and show the work.

This is just word salad. This is not acceptable work.

When you can pick up a nontrivializing group of set theoretic axioms, and use that to coerce a statement of the form terminating in something similar to "according to °°° property, therefore, from the axioms of ••• class/set theory, I have demonstrated that people ought ***," and which actually tracks from those axioms all the way through to ***, you're just vomiting bullshit, and honestly trivializing the life's work of people who actually are working to do that, and show the work.
Okay my apologies. For bothering you. Personally I believe our communicating is in and of itself proof of our consciousness. I think therefore I exist coupled with our definition of creator as “god”, makes my case quite clearly and simply. Obviously not.

E=mc2
Mass is just the relationship between light and velocity… it’s not a physical thing…. Atoms protons leptons subatomic particles ARE NOT PHYSICAL.. they are a perception of electromagnetic forces. Vibrating energy angstroms decibels firing synapses.. vibrating energy perceived and labelled as mass that they are not….
Nope. The rest mas energy, the binding energy stored in the atom, is proportional to C and mass. You are putting the cart before the horse. Or the tail is wagging the dog.

Mass is a unit of measure or a dimension like meters and liters used to describe reality.

The number 2 is an abstraction with no physical reality. If I have some objects I can say I have two objects. Same with mass. I can't
get a box of kilograms but I can get a box containing 1 kilogram of potatoes.

You are mixing mysticism with simple ordinary weights and measures. The units of kilogram, meters, and seconds are te odern sytem ipof weights and measures. All civilizations had them. Time, distance, and mass/weight.

If you ar not quantifying what you are saying using established variables and units then you are doing metaohyscs and philophy or relgion. You are not talking science.

If aiss does not exist as a property of reality how do you calculate energy of a falling object vs rime? High school physics.

What conservation of energy means is this.

Fire a bullet from a gun. The total energy in Joils of te gunpowder = kniyec energy imparted to the bullet plus the heat henerated plus the mechanical losses in the gun frictions. COE says it must always add up. In any process starting energy must equall the sum of all the enrgies in the process.

It cane about with 19th century experiments with steam engines. It is not some philosophical abstraction.

You say science is all wrong but you invove comservation of energy, a foundation of science. That is called a cognitive dissonance.

Back
Top Bottom