• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I think we can make the positive claim that nothing like 'gods' exist

All physical objects are actually comprised of atoms which are comprised of leptons quarks bosons which are actually a perception of subatomic electromagnetic energy fields .
There is nothing physical.
OK, you are contradicting yourself here. If you can't make your case without contradicting yourself, you aren't going to impress anyone.
For what it's worth, there are a lot of modern physicists who argue that everythng we can detect is made up only of fields; However they would disagree that a field is not a physical object (largely because a field is clearly a physical object).

E=mc2 solve for m = E/c2 neither of which is a physical property.
Energy and mass are very definitely both physical properties. You appear not to know what 'physical' means; It's possible you are also confused as to what constitutes a 'property'. You haven't got the most basic grasp of elementary physics, so it's likely premature for you to declare that it is wrong.

Since the past does not exist anymore and the future does not exist yet, only now ever exists. An ever expanding ever changing now after now
Now cannot change. Only by now becoming the past, and the future becoming now is change even a coherent concept.
You are fractally wrong; At every level, your argument is equally and totally wrong. Go and learn some physics. Or continue to be wrong about almost everything. Entirely up to you.

If I exist something created me
This is a claim I believe to be false.

Do you have any evidence, logic, or reason to support this claim?

It contradicts the first law of thermodynamics, so you're going to need some very impressive and compelling reasoning before I can accept this.

Yet you seem unaware that it even requires support; You treat it as axiomatic.

It's not.
Laws of thermodynamics dynamics do not apply at the level of our consciousness. They apply only to the physical perception or creation of our consciousness. Atoms to subatomic particles to electromagnetic energy waves or consciousness.
I THINK therefore I am.. just thoughts firing synapses vibrating energy.
Ignorant (unknowledable) physicists add a (p) to Einsteins theory E= mc2 which solved for m proves that m is zero or energy divided by velocity. At rest zero velocity there is no PERCEPTION of mass.
If you want to challenge what I say please provide some support for your assertions.. logic reason and evidence… you seem to think there is none for mine, even though I explain it to you in the simplest terms I can.

We have defined the word god as creator of the universe
Who's "we"? You got a mouse in your pocket?
We is the collective consciousness.
A singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0)
Using a binary system 101100 of vibrating energy.. angstroms sights vibrating energy
Decibels sounds vibrating energy
Firing synapses thoughts vibrating energy
To create this PERCEPTION of a physical universe… do you need clarification of any of the above?

Since the past does not exist anymore and the future does not exist yet, only now ever exists. An ever expanding ever changing now after now
Now cannot change. Only by now becoming the past, and the future becoming now is change even a coherent concept.
You are fractally wrong; At every level, your argument is equally and totally wrong. Go and learn some physics. Or continue to be wrong about almost everything. Entirely up to you.
And all you do is regurgitate what you read in a book ..try THINKING.using evidence logic and reason…
The past does not exist anymore
The future does not exist yet
Only now ever exists
Energy cannot be created or destroyed.
We are an ever expanding ever changing NOW. After now after now for eternity.
The purpose of our perception of a physical reality is to make our existence as a bored lonely singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0)
100111000 a more enjoyable experience vibrating our conscious energy and creating sounds decibels vibrating energy, sight angstroms vibrating energy and thoughts (I think therefore I am) to create this entertaining perception of a physical reality.
Because being a singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0) .. is a very lonely and boring existence for an eternity because energy cannot be created or destroyed…

All physical objects are actually comprised of atoms which are comprised of leptons quarks bosons which are actually a perception of subatomic electromagnetic energy fields .
There is nothing physical.
OK, you are contradicting yourself here. If you can't make your case without contradicting yourself, you aren't going to impress anyone.
For what it's worth, there are a lot of modern physicists who argue that everythng we can detect is made up only of fields; However they would disagree that a field is not a physical object (largely because a field is clearly a physical object).
Try actually understanding the logic reasoning and evidence I present instead of mindlessly regurgitating an unsupported assertion you read is a science book. … once again I can support my hypothesis using logic reasoning and evidence… you cannot support your claim that a physical reality exists.. I THINK therefore I am. Just firing synapses vibrating energy defining or creating an existence with vibrating energy not physical… angstroms vibrating energy decibels vibrating energy.. everything you think say and do is just vibrating energy.
Atoms are subatomic electromagnetic ENERGY a perception of a physical reality created by our firing synapses or vibrating energy energy energy.

E=mc2 solve for m = E/c2 neither of which is a physical property.
Energy and mass are very definitely both physical properties. You appear not to know what 'physical' means; It's possible you are also confused as to what constitutes a 'property'. You haven't got the most basic grasp of elementary physics, so it's likely premature for you to declare that it is wrong.
And you like all physicists refuse to consider what atoms are.. what subatomic leptons quarks bosons muons are what subatomic electromagnetic energy waves are. There is only a consciousness creating a perception of a physical reality…. I can and have proved that using evidence logic and reason… try it. Use deconstruction of the physical evidence to its basic component… consciousness.. I THINK therefore I am… try it THINK stop regurgitating what you read in a book..

As I tell you ever time.. you regurgitate what you read in a science book…
I use evidence logic and reason to support everything I post.

Even the bible presents the concept of time..
These three remain FAITH HOPE AND LOVE.
FAITH in memories of a past that does not exist anymore
HOPE for a better future that does not exist yet
LOVE we have now of our existence we are creating now after now after now…
As I said you just regurgitate the same old outdated ideas… I am already beyond the perception of quantum physics… quantum reality does not consist of physical particles.. it is a creation of firing synapses I think therefore I am.

Yes, we are limited in or ability to perceive reality, stating the obvious. Cosmology is limited by our ability to detect photons. Our instruments have fundamental limits. That is something we all know.

Whether we know all there is to know is impossible to answer, we have no reference point to make the deduction. That is why science can not really say whether a god can or can not exist. All we can do is apply science to religious claims like Young Earth Creationism.

So, you can freely speculate on the nature of reality and say science has it all wrong. However those like me will ask for experimental proof and all that. Otherwise you are just one of many speculators. The onus is on you to experimentally prove any science is wrong and you are right. Philosophical and religious arguments are not sufficient.

Up through the 19th century hoes were drilled in skulls to let out the bad disease causing spirits, we know now the causes of disease and mental illness.
To be fair, math proves a god can exist. It just does not and cannot prove one does.

Indeed, if someone could demonstrate the history of reality being described by an infinite series of mathematical progression, such that they can also predict the future of reality from that same normal series, then if there is a "god" implied as creating this as a function of the state of the normal series that gave rise to this, then you have provided evidence for your "god". If it does not, then you have not disproven it, but at least you have provided very strong evidence against it.

That's a really tall order, between the science and math of it all.

Either way, these masturbation a over whether there is a god do not impact the realities of how we ought treat one another: Euthephro still is sitting in his little dilemma over from whence comes piety.

Yes, we are limited in or ability to perceive reality, stating the obvious. Cosmology is limited by our ability to detect photons. Our instruments have fundamental limits. That is something we all know.

Whether we know all there is to know is impossible to answer, we have no reference point to make the deduction. That is why science can not really say whether a god can or can not exist. All we can do is apply science to religious claims like Young Earth Creationism.

So, you can freely speculate on the nature of reality and say science has it all wrong. However those like me will ask for experimental proof and all that. Otherwise you are just one of many speculators. The onus is on you to experimentally prove any science is wrong and you are right. Philosophical and religious arguments are not sufficient.

Up through the 19th century hoes were drilled in skulls to let out the bad disease causing spirits, we know now the causes of disease and mental illness.
To be fair, math proves a god can exist. It just does not and cannot prove one does.

Indeed, if someone could demonstrate the history of reality being described by an infinite series of mathematical progression, such that they can also predict the future of reality from that same normal series, then if there is a "god" implied as creating this as a function of the state of the normal series that gave rise to this, then you have provided evidence for your "god". If it does not, then you have not disproven it, but at least you have provided very strong evidence against it.

Either way, these masturbation a over whether there is a god do not impact the realities of how we ought treat one another: Euthephro still is sitting in his little dilemma over from whence comes piety.
It’s not a question if god exists, we KNOW god exist
1: Evidence; I think therefore I am
2: Logic; if I exist something created me.
3: Reason; we define god as the creator of the universe.
We do not know what god is.. here is my approach…
Science tells us many things.. everything perceived as physical is comprised of atoms…
Atoms are comprised of subatomic particles leptons muons quarks bosons
Subatomic particles are a perception of electromagnetic energy waves.
Angstroms sight vibrating energy
Decibels sounds vibrating energy
Firing synapses thoughts vibrating energy
Our universe is a construct of our consciousness creating a physical perception of reality.. the purpose is to make our existence as a bored lonely singularity consciousness a more enjoyable experience.
Energy cannot be created or destroyed so we will be here for a very long time.. an eternity of loneliness and boredom is not an enjoyable thought. So WE CREATED the god that created us in order to explain our existence and give our existence meaning and purpose. Which is to make our existence as enjoyable as possible.
Vibrating energy
Angstroms decibels firing synapses
Colours sounds thoughts
All vibrating energy we use to create thi beautiful perception of a physical universe.. a creation of our consciousness.

You want the math.. it’s not complicated
(1) consciousness I think therefore I am
That realization creates An explosion of unanswerable questions
What am I where when why how?
(0) answers.
Perhaps you recognize the binary code used to create and communicate and express everything in existence. I think therefore I am. Firing synapses decibels angstroms. All just an expression of our consciousness creating the perception of a physical universe.. the purpose to make our existence as a bored lonely singularity a more enjoyable experience.
Any questions?

Ever action has an equal and opposite reaction.
The REALITis only now exists
The past does not exist anymore
The future does not exist yet
Only now ever exists
Now after snow that we are creating based on
FAITH in our memories of that past
HOPE for a better future and
LOVE of this beautiful creation of colours and sounds and thoughts we are creating now after now after now. Trying to make our existence as enjoyable as possible.
Energy cannot be created or destroyed
We are an ever expanding ever changing consciousness to paraphrase a song
“ what if hid was one of us just a slob like one of us just a stranger on the bus trying to make his way home?”
God is all of us experiencing our existence from different perspectives based on our different experiences trying create a reason for an existence that had none. Now it does.

Oh yeah the math as is we are (1) singularity
In a universe of nothingness (0)
1001100111 express our singularity consciousness as vibrating energy we use to create and communicate our existence as a self awareness…
Piety? Does that have anything to do with confessing TRUTH and doing the RIGHT thing to create a heaven on earth???? Just saying.
Science and religion need to stop arguing and start creating a mutually beneficial and agreeable solution to our understandings

AGodForTheAtheist, could you not shit all over this thread?​

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about WRT physics and science. So why not ask questions and learn even the tiniest amount before declaring all the answers.
B’kuz yore not ‘tellijent nuff t’unnerstan!

@AGodForTheAtheist Wow. So, you haven't even provided a single proof. You've only provided evidence that you worship numbers and you believe math is God, but you haven't defined nor proven any of it upon axioms.

I'm perfectly fine accepting that consciousness is a necessary phenomena of matter, and so as to say I am not all there is. The universe exists and I exist as a function of it. But to ascribe consciousness to a machine prior to any point that machine displays consciousness through it's function (and humans between us have devised the ability to give consciousness to a machine) is daft.

The evidence I have seen is that all infinite normal series may contain all finite sequences, and thus this universe may exist as a function of many different mathematical operations, until it's form is demonstrated to be one of a subset of those.

But moreover it doesn't matter whether there is a god as to how we ought treat one another. I'm a god of a universe. Several universes, in fact. And I am also an abjectly shitty god.

Rather, What matters is that we show our work about what THAT looks like (thanks Socrates re: Euthephro)

You can either start with modal logic and traverse Langland's Program, or maybe just start with Godel's work.

To the point of it, I don't need or want flowing worship from my created universes, and neither does math.

If you really want to worship math properly, learn it, and even doubt it. Understanding the universe? I daresay that's why we are all here at these forums, to discuss and have challenged our understanding of the universe, so as to refine it.

I don't need Ion up in this place crowing at me.

If you wanted to show there is a god, please demonstrate the infinite normal series starting at 0, which implies an existence with an intelligence launching this.

I do, myself feel... well, what I felt in church when I would feel good about worship... when I do math and number theory or when I'm solving problems, or when I'm refining my understanding of the universe, what it is, how it functions. But that doesn't mean you should be bothering folks trying to convert them to something and get prestige over converting them.

Could you please take a fucking moment to consider that you should take time in a place before jumping in and spewing "WORSHIP THIS!" in their faces?

Many of us not on the totally hardened side of the strong atheists actually support some variation of redirecting worship towards understanding against a razor of doubt.

The foundation of all progress is doubt, the assumption that you are wrong, even when it appears you are right.

In this way, going all the way to hard math gets you into outcomes like I Am Mother.

You have to let people be sloppy, same as how you have to let an AI be a bit sloppy to land the rocket.

You are still confusing our creation in terms of something outside us.
We are a singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0) 10011100011
1 consciousness a singularity
Using a binary system to create the
UNI verse as a collective consciousness of our different life experiences.. to get a better full understanding of what we truly are.

Back
Top Bottom