• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If Gods are Real, Where are They?

According to the Bible, the quantity of angels is innumerable. How many of those angels fell away from God? I don't know.

God isn't afraid of the false gods.
They appear to be affected by gravity so I can understand gods wanting them to be out of the way. I wouldn't want them falling around me either. Someone could get hurt.
No, the 'gods' are fallen angels. And by fallen I mean they're against God.
Only against the genocidal, homophobic and misogynous Yahweh, who drowned his own grand children of God is Noah's day, after letting his son's of God use human women and Earth as a brothel.

Moral angels, and humans, will be against all such vile Gods.

Right?

Regards
DL

Oh, you're doing some cringe atheist humor. I get it now. What's the point though?
Why would you think that? I'm being as serious as are you. I'm kinda shocked you would read things that way. Should I think that your posts are cringe theist humor? What would be the point?

According to the Bible, the quantity of angels is innumerable. How many of those angels fell away from God? I don't know.

They appear to be affected by gravity so I can understand gods wanting them to be out of the way. I wouldn't want them falling around me either. Someone could get hurt.
Only against the genocidal, homophobic and misogynous Yahweh, who drowned his own grand children of God is Noah's day, after letting his son's of God use human women and Earth as a brothel.

Right?

Regards
DL
Why do you think that I keep bringing up that creator gods are under no obligations to be good beings in any way.

Sightings of ghosts, fairies, aliens, and UAP (truly) has been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years. Of course I believe they're real. Do you really believe every single one of these experiences is man-made, a hallucination, a lie, or a case of mistaken identity? That's a hard pill to swallow.

Are you not familiar by the work done by Jacques Vallee, the leaked/unclassified Pentagon UFO videos, Lou Elizondo, or the USA's preliminary assessment on UAP that they released in June?

LOL, ok, I misinterpreted what you said. You really DO believe in the existence of ghosts and fairies and what not. Good luck with that! :D

And yes, UAPs exist, in the literal sense of “unidentified aerial phenomena.” We do have cases of aerial phenomena that are, well, unidentified. It does not follow from this that these phenomena are manifestations of ETs.

Right?

Regards
DL
Why do you think that I keep bringing up that creator gods are under no obligations to be good beings in any way.
Not likely for the reasons I have.

True though that imaginary characters hold no obligations. No hands.

The main difference between our real creator and sustainer and the imaginary ones, is that nature creates us and sustains us for our best possible end, while the opposite is true for God.

The imaginary God creates for the worst end.

Regards
DL

Sightings of ghosts, fairies, aliens, and UAP (truly) has been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years. Of course I believe they're real. Do you really believe every single one of these experiences is man-made, a hallucination, a lie, or a case of mistaken identity? That's a hard pill to swallow.

Mentall illness and group delusions exist far back in history.

Repeating the mantra, unexplained does not mean supernatural or alien. The first time I flew solo on a clear moonless night it was spooky. You can imagine anything.

I was flying during the day near Mt Manadnock in NH. A small bright spherical object appeared to be coming right at me fast. I turned and dove. When I looked around there was nothing. I retraced my path and saw it again, it was the Sun reflecting of something on the ground.

Or the time I saw a B52 flying low under a cloud cover low between hills . If I did not recognixe what it was, it would look strange, dark, and spooky. Al;ien.

Or the time I thought I saw a UFO saucer walking down the street in Hartford Ct. It looked like a disk off on the horizon. I stared at it and when I focused near instead of on the horizon it turned out to be a circular roof top FM antenna.

Or seeing what appeared to be a bright object doing impossible moves from our roof top deck at night. As I stared at it it seemd to trace out an impossible path. When I sat down and referenced it to a fixed object on the roof it stopped moving. My eyes were drifting and I was constantly correcting.

By any chnave are you a George Nory fan? The fact that there are some incidents that go unexplained allows the Ufologists to claim they can be true. Just ;ike religious faith. They call themselves ufologists.

Are you not familiar by the work done by Jacques Vallee, the leaked/unclassified Pentagon UFO videos, Lou Elizondo, or the USA's preliminary assessment on UAP that they released in June?

LOL, ok, I misinterpreted what you said. You really DO believe in the existence of ghosts and fairies and what not. Good luck with that! :D

And yes, UAPs exist, in the literal sense of “unidentified aerial phenomena.” We do have cases of aerial phenomena that are, well, unidentified. It does not follow from this that these phenomena are manifestations of ETs.
All the actual faeries I know of would be quite insulted to be declared something so mundane as a thing of unseen or otherwise unobserved material.

Like, they keep insisting from the human dialogue that the historical human dialogue accurately represents any of the phenomena they discussed in the model phase.

It doesn't work like that.

you don't get to say "discussion of 'ghosts' = (my pet not-even-hypothesis)" just because "ghosts", though.

You still have to actually make a model that predicts, describes, and observed "ghosts" in ways consistent with a hypothesis, such that it can be tested.

Right?

Regards
DL
Not likely for the reasons I have.

True though that imaginary characters hold no obligations. No hands.

The main difference between our real creator and sustainer and the imaginary ones, is that nature creates us and sustains us for our best possible end, while the opposite is true for God.

The imaginary God creates for the worst end.

Regards
DL
I'm imaginary then am I?

Do you pose that I didn't create a universe, contained and bound to the physics that defined it?

Nature does not even create and sustain us to our best possible end. Just AN end.

We fight our natures every moment of every day so as to discover the madness and mistakes that by being made and made into violations of that nature make us somehow more real.

We become better not by accepting "our natures" but by building into that nature a failure to accept itself, a failure to remain static.

One might ask: what is a God? Do natural, impersonal processes of nature count as god(s)?

Must gods be worshipped? The Greeks thoughts trees and streams had spirits, but they were not worshipped.

One might ask: what is a God? Do natural, impersonal processes of nature count as god(s)?

Must gods be worshipped? The Greeks thoughts trees and streams had spirits, but they were not worshipped.
So, the easiest and most personal of the extant (dark) gods of our world to point to is probably "Mammon".

There is a phenomena where wanting to have more power so as to have more power becomes an entity unto itself.

It indoctrinates people and is also in part a natural element of our psyche, the hoarder impulse turned towards the resources of our communities. It's a result of a communicable arrangement of personality elements underneath that idea, much like the cell is an arrangement of chemical processes organized around a piece of DNA.

It is a deeply rooted thought process that emerges like function in an ant colony. Certainly, it is not personal but it very much is an organism, a reflection of a phenotype against an environment, in a cycle.

And moreover things can be said of it, observed of the shape of this wave of ideas and actions taken to hoard: people find themselves corrupted into and serving as a part of this system, lured by the promises of security that exist in the message component, but also in the "idiot level" game theory around the matter. This continues in such a way that this gilt is upon the teeth of this nearly incomprehensible thing, and that for every thing that goes in to emerge as such, to attain the promise of the lure, many more such things merely get chewed up and swallowed to sate the never ending greed.

And all this from an ancient flaw in the human concept of ownership.

People saw this system and didn't know what else to call it so they called it a "spirit" or a "god" rather than "an emergent large-scale behavioral phenomena"

Last edited:

Warning: thread drift

When we refer to UAPs or UFOs, what exactly do we mean by “unidentified”?
Having seen something in the sky that I am unable to identify, can I truthfully describe it to someone else as a UFO? Or does it have be “unidentifiable by anyone outside of Area 51?”. Or is even that insufficient? Must the object be unidentifiable by any human anywhere? If that’s the threshold, how would one go about proving it?

I think it’s just subjective. Anything anyone sees in the sky that they cannot identify, remains a genuine UFO until and unless someone identifies it to them.
IOW it’s a meaningless designation.

Warning: thread drift

When we refer to UAPs or UFOs, what exactly do we mean by “unidentified”?
Having seen something in the sky that I am unable to identify, can I truthfully describe it to someone else as a UFO? Or does it have be “unidentifiable by anyone outside of Area 51?”. Or is even that insufficient? Must the object be unidentifiable by any human anywhere? If that’s the threshold, how would one go about proving it?

I think it’s just subjective. Anything anyone sees in the sky that they cannot identify, remains a genuine UFO until and unless someone identifies it to them.
IOW it’s a meaningless designation.
Anything can be a UFO, if you are bad enough at identifying things.

The ancients didn't even know what the sun was, or the Moon. Their "planets" were just stars that wandered, they didn't know that these were bodies similar to Earth. So it's understandable that they thought about gods the same way, as things they didn't fully understand. Their gods lived in the sky, the firmament, or above, on mountaintops, in the oceans, rivers, forests, etc. There aren't any gods in any of those places, we know that.

So where are all those gods today? Are they still just "up in the sky?" Is that all? Are they just spooky and invisible?

Where are the gods today?
Deity type gods aren't real. So they are no where. "living universe" type gods may be true. Then its everywhere.

Clears throat and puts on his best Carl Sagan (not that he'd say any of this, I just like his voice) impression.

When looking at the cosmic microwave background we're looking at a remnant of what all of existence was. The closest clue we have to the source. It itself is the result of some interaction similar to what's found at all levels of science. We are made of particles, some of which we've discovered behave in unpredictable ways yet they interact. Scaling up to human and animal behavior you can see a similarity in our ecosystems . Earths climate system. In our cosmos, you can also find it in space, time & dark energy's relation to its expansion. This does this causing that which causes that. Perhaps God was a butterfly that flapped wings giving birth to our singularity. To what end, who knows; maybe there is none? But the clues are in every interaction we can detect be it by scientific or another unbeknownst method. Whether you're exploring to find God, or prove there isn't one, I'm just happy that we are exploring together.

Ok, ok. I'll make my exit.. Don't waste tomato's as they're expensive these days.

Back
Top Bottom