• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If Gods are Real, Where are They?

Sorry, all, in the longish post above I somehow screwed up the ital tags and can’t seem to fix them on edit, so there is a big bloc of unintended italicized type.

No, the 'gods' are fallen angels. And by fallen I mean they're against God.
That's what I mean. If they fall against me I could get hurt. A god wouldn't want that either so it makes sense to avoid angels that could fall against or on me.

I am already thinking that all you are doing is blowing smoke. Dishonest argumentation
This is just poisoning the well and ad hominem.
In the other thread you say that because the universe appears to be designed, even though to many of us it does not
I'm willing to go out on a limb here in saying that to most people on earth, the world looks designed. I'm aware of some reasons some people give for thinking the world isn't designed, but they're always really bad. You gave some earlier.
Now, when someone uses your own logic to say that because gods appear to be imaginary
This statement doesn't even make sense. What do you mean they appear to be imaginary? We know what it means when somebody says the world appears to be designed. That's referring to the rational intelligibility of the universe and the processes that it is comprised of. But this idea of 'gods appear to imaginary' needs some clarification on your part. Let's see some details. I may even agree with you. But even if I did agree with you, that wouldn't defeat my argument. That'd just mean I should believe gods are imaginary until there's a good reason to think otherwise.

There also seems to be some confusion with the term 'gods.' To me, 'gods' is a reference to real, finite, and contingent spirit/supernatural beings who have the power to physically manifest themselves. Is that what you're referring to?

Unless, of course, you really believe in fairies, ghosts, the Mothman, etc., in which case, um, God help you.

Sightings of ghosts, fairies, aliens, and UAP (truly) has been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years. Of course I believe they're real. Do you really believe every single one of these experiences is man-made, a hallucination, a lie, or a case of mistaken identity? That's a hard pill to swallow.

Are you not familiar by the work done by Jacques Vallee, the leaked/unclassified Pentagon UFO videos, Lou Elizondo, or the USA's preliminary assessment on UAP that they released in June?

I don't think the appearances of ghosts, UAP, aliens, fairies, the Mothman, etc., are imaginary. Do you?
Every one of them that I've ever seen was.
Oh, interesting. You should read Jacques Vallee to fix that.
If you have a claim to say that these things are real in the way your claimed model states*, then produce them. Put one in a jar and present it to us. Do it.

I dare you.

Or even just describe the shape of what causes it to exist, what property of nature allows such critters to have form and existence and decision within our reality.

I've studied several of the entities you describe, actually studied them, not wanked around with a bible and played pretend. I could even tell you what they are, but you have your "godgles"* on.

Whatever games you came here to play, the playbook has been seen, and is well known, and the play never really ends well for the bad faith.

*judging from the whole shape of your presentation here, I doubt you seriously support this model and are rather here for different reasons, sir Chad King. I expect I am not the only one here who thinks this way.

I don't think the appearances of ghosts, UAP, aliens, fairies, the Mothman, etc., are imaginary. Do you?
If you have a claim to say that these things are real in the way your claimed model states*, then produce them. Put one in a jar and present it to us. Do it.

I dare you.

Or even just describe the shape of what causes it to exist, what property of nature allows such critters to have form and existence and decision within our reality.

I've studied several of the entities you describe, actually studied them, not wanked around with a bible and played pretend. I could even tell you what they are, but you have your "godgles"* on.

Whatever games you came here to play, the playbook has been seen, and is well known, and the play never really ends well for the bad faith.

*judging from the whole shape of your presentation here, I doubt you seriously support this model and are rather here for different reasons, sir Chad King. I expect I am not the only one here who thinks this way.
If you want to know what I think, then read Jacques Vallee's Passport to Magonia. Afterwards, replace the intelligence that is behind fairies, gods, UAP, aliens, etc., with demons and the other fallen spirit beings that are described by the Bible.

Maybe you're wondering "well how can you SEE it but also think it's imaginary?"

I'll explain.

My evidence for ghosts and demons is I've seen the appearance of them. I used to wake up in with sleep paralysis and so my brain was still prone to dream imagery. It's an amazing state of consciousness. Sometimes a particularly dark corner of the room would take a human-like shape, and walk across the room and stand over me. Definitely the stuff of nightmares.

Also my deceased mother visited a couple times in my dreams, in the weeks after her death.

I can't think of any way to convincingly support the case that these weren't my dreaming mind giving shape to either a fear or a wish.

I call entities that appear only in the imagination, "imaginary".

I was once abducted by an ET where all the men had died. The women needed me to impregnate all the women to save the civilization. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it.

It was starange, they were all human and spoke English, and wore short skirts like on Star Trek.

I am serious.

Maybe you're wondering "well how can you SEE it but also think it's imaginary?"

I'll explain.

My evidence for ghosts and demons is I've seen the appearance of them. I used to wake up in with sleep paralysis and so my brain was still prone to dream imagery. It's an amazing state of consciousness. Sometimes a particularly dark corner of the room would take a human-like shape, and walk across the room and stand over me. Definitely the stuff of nightmares.

I've also been visited by my deceased mother in my dreams.

I can't think of any way to convincingly support the case that these weren't my dreaming mind giving shape to either a fear or a wish.

I call entities that appear only in the imagination, "imaginary".
You should read Jacques Vallee's Passport to Magonia. And the stuff you've seen may not be imaginary.

The only extant "fallen" are the innocents who fell for religions.
I was once abducted by an ET where all the men had died. The women needed me to impregnate all the women to save the civilization. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it.

It was starange, they were all human and spoke English, and wore short skirts like on Star Trek.

I am serious.
No, that was a real episode - I saw it :D
You should read ...
Good of you to come around and give us your reading list. I'm sure I'll get around to that real soon, since the case you make for your imaginary friend is so compelling.

Sorry, all, in the longish post above I somehow screwed up the ital tags and can’t seem to fix them on edit, so there is a big bloc of unintended italicized type.
Pood, first thing I do when replying is hit the [ ] button in the editor bar, then deal with the code directly.

I am serious.
Good of you to come around and give us your reading list. I'm sure I'll get around to that real soon, since the case you make for your imaginary friend is so compelling.

I am serious.
You should read ...
Thank you.

What features of evolution look designed?
All of them.
Aw come on... you can't name even one little feature of evolution? Almost everyone knows it as an emergent property of matter and energy, but not you?
Technically, I referred to all of them. And cars are an emergent property of car factories. Car factories are an emergent property of human beings.

Damn I'm good.

So read your tome of squirrel shit written in the dark ages?

Maybe you can actually, you know, discuss the contents if you understand it so well you feel you can believe it, and if you think it makes so much sense it will withstand the scrutiny of this place and the people here.

So read your tome of squirrel shit written in the dark ages?
image6-1.png

Back
Top Bottom