• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If Trump wins reelection, will there be a civil war?

With respect to the OP, the answer is No. there will be no civil war. Trump will let any state secede and won’t fight it. The country might break up. But why would Trump want California, Massachusetts, New York or other heavily blue states in it?

With those Senators and Representatives out of the way, he could establish the dictatorship he wants. No one is going to stop him or protest him. He can repeal civil rights acts and re-establish white male supremacy. Why the hell would he want a civil war?

SLD

I disagree...all those blue states are subsidizing the redneck states. The Autocracy of Trumpistan would be born bankrupt without their money. Herr Trumpenfuehrer would have to take them by force.

I disagree...all those blue states are subsidizing the redneck states.

And that's not really a problem, because:

Herr Trumpenfuehrer would have to take them by force.

Zackly. He'll own Alabama, where Huntsville will be the home base of the Space Force. If those formerly blue states don't tithe to the Church of the Shitgibbon, then fire and fury shall ensue!

War is an excellent way to energise the base. Civil war would be so good for Trump that I am somewhat surprised he hasn't started one already.

We've been speculating about that for a while....if the shitgibbon can manufacture some civil conflict, he can declare martial law, and put himself in the position of ruler-for-life, with automatic succession to his diseased offspring.

War is an excellent way to energise the base. Civil war would be so good for Trump that I am somewhat surprised he hasn't started one already.
The US couldn't handle a Civil War.

No, not the death part. The far right-wing would do well with each other for about a month because they start killing each other. Meanwhile the left-wing, they'd be too busy discussing the morality of war to pick up a gun. In general, that would seemingly put them in danger, but to their luck, they'd be in libraries, which would be safe from the far right-wing who mistake those places for museums, and would otherwise be concentrating too much on newspapers buildings and looking all over for those WPBS stations... with little luck.

For the time being they control this stuff. It swings back and forth over the years. Get out and vote third party in 2020.

Yeah, the Dems so got the message in 2000 and 2016, enough leftist voters will cut off their nose and consider it principled.

Yeah, the bitter Sanders supporters in particular ... <smh>

Credit where it's due - at least he's trying, and so is his Uncle.

JP, why would you ask this question in such a way? The only people talking about taking up arms for a "civil war" are the right wing extremists.

It is the follow up thread and opposite of the Trump Outrage Fatigue thread I started earlier.

So far we've had one poster here respond by saying they want NYexit and Calexit to pick up steam. Do we think the Republicans would let them separate peacefully from the union?

I also hope they pick up steam. I do not hope this because of any liking or disliking of Trump, but because I like the idea in and of itself.

You know, we don't need a constitutional amendment to fix the electoral college. Just increase the number of representatives in the House and it will flatten (not eliminate but greatly reduce) the difference in the number of people each elector represents.

And that is just one benefit of increasing the number of representatives.

I'd be more concerned about civil conflict if he lost, honestly. Especially if he loses to a person of color. Especially if there was some sort of grounds for contesting the results (and you know he would come up with something). He has been campaigning ever since he took office, and I know he has supporters for which his eventual succession has taken on nigh-religious significance. Either Trump is in office, or "we" lose "our" right to practice our own culture, either/or.

I don't believe there will be a civil war, because the biggest guns belong to the military, and they aren't as straightforwardly partisan as people imagine.

I'd be more concerned about civil conflict if he lost, honestly. Especially if he loses to a person of color. Especially if there was some sort of grounds for contesting the results (and you know he would come up with something). He has been campaigning ever since he took office, and I know he has supporters for which his eventual succession has taken on nigh-religious significance. Either Trump is in office, or "we" lose "our" right to practice our own culture, either/or.

I don't believe there will be a civil war, because the biggest guns belong to the military, and they aren't as straightforwardly partisan as people imagine.

QFT.
Cheato will almost certainly try to start civil unrest if he runs and loses in 2020. In fact he may well try something if/when his enablers lose the House in a couple of weeks. He has been preparing his drooling sycophants to protest any vote that doesn't go his way, since before the 2016 election sham. What I do admire is how transparent he is about that...
"I'll accept the election results - as long as I win!" (cue mindless cheering)

If and when Trump wins in 2020, what will happen in the Democrats? Launching a civil war? Dissolving forever as a party? Mass exodus to Canada? Canadians really need to build that wall.
If Trump wins, he will only win if the economy is really strong and/or if Hillary enters the race again. In either case, the Democrats will be able to blame their loss on Hillary again without getting violent.

But if the economy is bad or if a decent Democrat is put up against Trump, there is a good probability of a blue president next time.

So I do not see any sort of civil war.

Why does Jolly think the democrats would be the one to launch a civil war when the conservatives have been pushing far more violent rhetoric? Is it perhaps that... he knows nothing?

Why does Jolly think the democrats would be the one to launch a civil war when the conservatives have been pushing far more violent rhetoric? Is it perhaps that... he knows nothing?
He has heard the new slogan chant of the conservatives "Jobs and NOT Mobs!".

Back
Top Bottom