• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If you could press a button and....

Can't we have a button to push that gives the Orange man a stroke that leaves him totally aphasic? That way, we'd never have to listen to his mindless, Orwellian bullshit that has the potential to do more harm than that of the majority of harmful people.

All billionaires and their heirs.
"Sorry guys - I hope it's painless!"
So, understand this: I don't know if I or my husband is the heir to a billionaire, but we very well could be. I don't know how much money my grandfather in law has, but millions are "small", according to a discussion of what he lost during Covid.
As long as he's not hoarding more than a thousand of them, he's immune.
I'm not sure. I have no way to be sure until he's dead, to be honest. For all I know it's all for charity when he dies. I would in many ways prefer that, but I doubt that outcome.

This makes me such a potential heir, And my mother in law and my father in law and my brother in law or sister in law, me, and my (THREE!) sisters and their kids...

I hope it's painless, but then, eventually I might push it against everyone who would push it against people regardless of whether those people would push the button, which includes you.

They and you give permission to be buttoned regardless of expressed permission by buttoning others regardless of ANY form of permission and all that.

This is the classic resolution to the paradox of tolerance.

There also seems to be an issue of what constitutes an heir. It seems like the sort of thing a Genie would use to end all life, since the heirs of all those dead lines become "everyone" by shared ancestor and so on.

So, understand this: I don't know if I or my husband is the heir to a billionaire, but we very well could be. I don't know how much money my grandfather in law has, but millions are "small", according to a discussion of what he lost during Covid.
I'm not sure. I have no way to be sure until he's dead, to be honest. For all I know it's all for charity when he dies. I would in many ways prefer that, but I doubt that outcome.

This makes me such a potential heir, And my mother in law and my father in law and my brother in law or sister in law, me, and my (THREE!) sisters and their kids...

I hope it's painless, but then, eventually I might push it against everyone who would push it against people regardless of whether those people would push the button, which includes you.

They and you give permission to be buttoned regardless of expressed permission by buttoning others regardless of ANY form of permission and all that.

There also seems to be an issue of what constitutes an heir. It seems like the sort of thing a Genie would use to end all life, since the heirs of all those dead lines become "everyone" by shared ancestor and so on.
Ok, since you’re so damn worried about it, how about just making each of the heirs forfeit all but $999m of their inheritance?
Sheesh.

Ok, since you’re so damn worried about it, how about just making each of the heirs forfeit all but $999m of their inheritance?
Sheesh.
That's much better than before, but if the button can just kill money, instead of just killing people, then I would rather just say "map wealth in log scale such that the selected log base yields a roughly linear result. Erase the scale values between 0 and the top value. Replace the top value with 1 billion. Replace the words 'log scale' describing the scale with 'linear scale'. Calculate everyone new wealth according to their pin on the graph given the rules of the scale."

Something like (not not exactly) "0 dollars are still 0 dollars; 1 dollar becomes (e) dollars, 10 dollars becomes 100e dollars, 100 dollars becomes 200e dollars, 1000 dollars becomes 300e dollars, and so on."

I'm feeling lazy and don't want to actually figure out the real equation for it.

I'm feeling lazy and don't want to actually figure out the real equation for it.
Then nobody else is going to want to either.
Back to my first option; button them all - and anyone who complains about that!

Then nobody else is going to want to either.
Back to my first option; button them all - and anyone who complains about that!
I mean, that's SUPPOSED to be roughly how tax brackets are calculated. Only about half of everyone would object to that.

In fact, this goes right back to my first notion of who to "press" away, and to Adam's as well...

All the X people would disappear, would you do it?

Yes, without hesitation. All the dog owners who bring their precious dogs into the grocery store. And dog owners who allow their stupid dog to shit in the street and the ones who bag it up and put it into my trash can.

Also, the scammers that have disabled tags on their cars and there is nothing wrong with them who park in the disabled parking spots.

All the X people would disappear, would you do it?

Yes, without hesitation. All the dog owners who bring their precious dogs into the grocery store. And dog owners who allow their stupid dog to shit in the street and the ones who bag it up and put it into my trash can.

Also, the scammers that have disabled tags on their cars and there is nothing wrong with them who park in the disabled parking spots.

And all the people who insult Trump! :(

They hurt his fee fees! :(

You are a great loss to the medical profession. The ability to diagnose that someone has "nothing wrong with them", from just a cursory glance, without a proper examination, nor any familiarity with their medical history, is astonishing.

That you feel sufficiently confident in your diagnoses as to overrule the decisions made by qualified professionals who authorised the issuing of a disability parking permit is impressive. You must be truly gifted.

/s

You are a great loss to the medical profession. The ability to diagnose that someone has "nothing wrong with them", from just a cursory glance, without a proper examination, nor any familiarity with their medical history, is astonishing.

That you feel sufficiently confident in your diagnoses as to overrule the decisions made by qualified professionals who authorised the issuing of a disability parking permit is impressive. You must be truly gifted.

/s
And there are more disabilities than physical that aren't immediately visible. Mind-boggling stupidity (ahem, is one of them).

Child abusers would also be on the list. Between the inconsiderate dog owners and disabled tag scammers, lol.

Child abusers would also be on the list. Between the inconsiderate dog owners and disabled tag scammers, lol.
I understand what you mean regarding inconsiderate dog owners!

My list:
1. Imperialists; 2) child molesters; 3) Cats 4) Washington Huskies! (kidding)

/s
And there are more disabilities than physical that aren't immediately visible. Mind-boggling stupidity (ahem, is one of them).
Yup. I used to know a woman that appeared completely healthy. You couldn't see the hole in her heart that seriously limited her ability to continue to exert herself.

/s
Yup. I used to know a woman that appeared completely healthy. You couldn't see the hole in her heart that seriously limited her ability to continue to exert herself.
Must be a scammer. /s

Come on people! We are talking about genociding possibly millions of people... and you are worrying about parking tickets

/s
In addition to the ability to understand the entire scientific field of climatology by noting the temperature of a single city in a Mediterranean climate zone.

Truly a Renaissance man.

Back
Top Bottom