• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Il Douchebag to militarize the border

He really is crazy. He wants to spend millions and millions of dollars on something that may be illegal and is totally unnecessary, especially when very few people are even coming over the Mexican border these days. Trump seems more unglued by the day but nobody is stopping him.

Oh wait. He will probably change his mind by tomorrow. He just needs to feed his base some fresh red meat.

How does the federal troop idea work in Texas, where a lot of the border is privately owned?

Folks,

Gladly, I rarely look at Trump news these days. When I do give it a couple of seconds, the stink is there.

A.

After decades of screwing up the economy for the benefit of the economic elites, we now live in a time when more Mexicans are leaving America than are coming here. Mexicans came for the jobs, and now they are leaving because of jobs.

But we can't have the Republican base blame the elites for how things turned out, so they have been brainwashed into believing that their economic woes were caused by Jesus the hedge-trimmer, and not by Thad sitting by the pool collecting his dividend checks. We mustn't blame Thad, so we need to waste millions of tax dollars "protecting" America from people who are leaving anyway.

He really is crazy. He wants to spend millions and millions of dollars on something that may be illegal and is totally unnecessary, especially when very few people are even coming over the Mexican border these days.
Very few? Hardly! And there is an entire convoy of illegals crossing Mexico from Honduras as we speak.

Oh wait. He will probably change his mind by tomorrow. He just needs to feed his base some fresh red meat.
Unfortunately. Protecting the border and deporting illegals (rather than supporting them like most Dems are doing, first and foremost Gov. Moonbeam) is one of the few good ideas he has.

- - - Updated - - -

The real question is, will the Federalis have badges?

We-aint-got-no-badges-1.jpg

Very few? Hardly! And there is an entire convoy of illegals crossing Mexico from Honduras as we speak.

If you are going to get your talking points from Fox news, at least use the proper term. It's a caravan.

But if you want to really go for accuracy, yes, there's about 1200 Hondurans traveling together. They are doing so to protect themselves from drug gangs and human traffickers that prey on small groups of refugees. They are not heading for the US border. They are heading to Mexico City to apply for refugee status, some applying to Mexico and some applying to the US.

He might have a hard time with this plan.

Federal law limits Trump's proposal to send troops to guard border

He can send them, but they'd be very limited in what they can actually do legally.

Also:

“They’ve been using military metaphors and talking about invasions — in that sense, it’s not a surprise, but when you move from political rhetoric to actual policy, I don’t see a legal way to actually do it,” Meade said. “The U.S. Armed Forces are far too professional and risk-averse and rule-bound to accept some vague cowboy mission down there. That’s just not what they do.”

If you are going to get your talking points from Fox news,
I don't watch Fox News.
at least use the proper term. It's a caravan.
Does that mean I can't call the leader Rubber Duck?

But seriously, both terms describe a group of vehicles travelling together. Except that caravan is also what Brits call a camper.

But if you want to really go for accuracy, yes, there's about 1200 Hondurans traveling together. They are doing so to protect themselves from drug gangs and human traffickers that prey on small groups of refugees. They are not heading for the US border. They are heading to Mexico City to apply for refugee status, some applying to Mexico and some applying to the US.
First of all, there is no war in Honduras, so they are not "refugees". They are illegal immigrants. And in last few years a huge number of Central Americans showed up at US border, so I would not trust this lot to stay in Mexico City.

I don't watch Fox News.

But seriously, both terms describe a group of vehicles travelling together. Except that caravan is also what Brits call a camper.

First of all, there is no war in Honduras, so they are not "refugees". They are illegal immigrants. And in last few years a huge number of Central Americans showed up at US border, so I would not trust this lot to stay in Mexico City.

The number of Mexicans entering America is less than the number of Mexicans leaving. It's been this way for a few years now.

There are no armies of "illegals" crossing the border. They are flooding back into Mexico because the economic elites you worship have driven the economy so far into the toilet that they don't want to come here as much anymore.

Anyway, if you don't watch FOX News, where do you get your conservative propaganda from? You always use the same talking points at the same time as all the other conservatives, so you obviously gave up thinking for yourself a long time ago and are obviously consuming some kind of conservative media in common with most of the other right wingnuts, so which is it?

Did you give up on FOX News because they were "too liberal" for you? Did you go for the harder stuff at Stormfront, Daily Stormer, or Breitbart? Alex Jones?

He might have a hard time with this plan.

Federal law limits Trump's proposal to send troops to guard border

He can send them, but they'd be very limited in what they can actually do legally.

Also:

“They’ve been using military metaphors and talking about invasions — in that sense, it’s not a surprise, but when you move from political rhetoric to actual policy, I don’t see a legal way to actually do it,” Meade said. “The U.S. Armed Forces are far too professional and risk-averse and rule-bound to accept some vague cowboy mission down there. That’s just not what they do.”
Yes, as a matter of fact some vague cowboy mission down there is exactly what they do. In 1997 a Marine sent down there because idiots in Washington decided the Border Patrol isn't the right way to patrol the border shot an American kid out herding goats.

There are no armies of "illegals" crossing the border.

What's more, the immigrants crossing the border are not armies or an invasion. They're being paid to come here.

The military is absolutely intended to defend the nation against invaders, but the people walking into the country are for all intents and purposes invited. There's a huge financial incentive for them to cross the border, and when they arrive there are American companies who are more than happy to give them jobs.

They're not invaders. They're employees. Crossing the border is their commute to work.

Yes, as a matter of fact some vague cowboy mission down there is exactly what they do. In 1997 a Marine sent down there because idiots in Washington decided the Border Patrol isn't the right way to patrol the border shot an American kid out herding goats.
Which is probably WHY the military rushes to point out 'We don't do that! Hey! Not our mission!'

Which is probably WHY the military rushes to point out 'We don't do that! Hey! Not our mission!'

Isn't their mission pretty much whatever the commander in chief tells them their mission is?

If you're going to shoot a bunch of poor brown people for no good reason (and, let's face it, you're going to be doing that), it's probably better to do it somewhere you can drive to instead of somewhere you need to fly to and save on transportation costs.

I don't watch Fox News.

Honduras is one of the most, if not the most dangerous country in the world. There may not be a declared war but there certainly is a war going on there. Doesn't really matter if there is a declaration or not if you are dead.

I've got a better idea for Fat Bastard -- 'scuse me, Our President.
1) Send the Coast Guard down to the border.
2) Put Sheriff Joe in charge.
3) Russian Navy keeps our coast secure.
4) Start building THE WALL; make Amazon pay for it.
5) If THE WALL isn't up yet & the caravan is approaching, dig a great big hole, cover it with blankets, and put a Free Empanadas sign on the northern edge.

- - - Updated - - -

(It will happen if it's pushed on Fox and Friends.)

Back
Top Bottom