• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

More funny peculiar than funny haha, really. But I get it, I really do. Although it seems upside down; surely it should be Judaism as the foundation, xianity built on that and islam built on xianity, no?

But the biggest question I have is: what does the text say?

I read it as much more sinister - i.e. the other religions are literally standing on a muslim's back, with the jews on top.

I'm off to try and source the image and maybe get a translation...

Edit: Apparently it's a sculpture called "Stairway to Heaven" by Eugenio Merino
Edit 2: Just noticed the uzi-menorah in the background. This gallery is making me uncomfortable...

Last edited:
More funny peculiar than funny haha, really. But I get it, I really do. Although it seems upside down; surely it should be Judaism as the foundation, xianity built on that and islam built on xianity, no?

But the biggest question I have is: what does the text say?

I read it as much more sinister - i.e. the other religions are literally standing on a muslim's back, with the jews on top.

Edit 2: Just noticed the uzi-menorah in the background. This gallery is making me uncomfortable...

Yeah, I'm sure the words are very antisemitic. The gun-menorah (I won't say Uzi because it's not clear enough to me what sort of gun it is) make it clear this is anti-Jew hate speech. You'll find a lot of that sort of thing on Facebook, probably because any reports that it's inappropriate will get routed to an Arabic speaker and most of them are very antisemitic.

The gun menorah is a separate piece. As a fun fact, the jew in the sculpture s holding a koran, the priest has a torah and the muslim is praying next to a bible.

The gun menorah is a separate piece. As a fun fact, the jew in the sculpture s holding a koran, the priest has a torah and the muslim is praying next to a bible.

And each is praying in their usual praying position.

I have a hard time believing it's not anti-semitic with that gun-menorah.

And each is praying in their usual praying position.

The gun menorah is not part of the sculpture. It is probably not even from the same artist.

Why would the uzi-menorah be anti-semitic?

It's not like the menorah is a symbol of piece with an Israeli gun contradicting it. The lit Menorah symbolizes that G-d dwells over Israel. I'd think that the Uzi indicates that the Israeli have returned to the land G-d gave them, and mean to fucking keep it.

Yeah, I'm sure the words are very antisemitic. The gun-menorah (I won't say Uzi because it's not clear enough to me what sort of gun it is) make it clear this is anti-Jew hate speech. You'll find a lot of that sort of thing on Facebook, probably because any reports that it's inappropriate will get routed to an Arabic speaker and most of them are very antisemitic.

Are you kidding? The UZI, with its pistol-grip mounted straight magazine, has perhaps the most easily recognisable silhouettes of any automatic weapon.

That is definitely an UZI.

jungle-book-gifs-4.gif

Back
Top Bottom