• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

Wow, yeah, that's gotten one up on me, sure.

Still doesn't help identify what the fuck is supposed to be funny, there....

The joke's on the Americans; 'Neighbourhood' is spelled with a 'u'.

Only because the English couldn't make up their damn minds, so we went ahead and decided the spelling ourselves. Webster didn't go far enough.

Spelling variants that were in use at the time: Neighbour, neighbor, neyghbour, naybor, naybour, neibor, neibour, neighbore, neighboure, neyghbor, neyghbore, neyghboure. Spelling reform FTW.

I guess America decided to take the resources others put into making their language more sophisticated by inserting unnecessary u's in words and do other stuff like inventing the light bulb, the assembly line, the airplane, the transistor and putting men on the moon.

You're welcoume.

So does anyone here know what a WEEB is?

I guess America decided to take the resources others put into making their language more sophisticated by inserting unnecessary u's in words and do other stuff like inventing the light bulb, the assembly line, the airplane, the transistor and putting men on the moon.

You're welcoume.

So does anyone here know what a WEEB is?

I looked it up at urban dictionary and google image. I think it's a Japanese person, but with a heavy implication of someone who likes anime. So the intended joke may be something like: Hey, I reversed this image so that it's a Jap telling whites to scram, instead of vice versa, only I made it an anime of a Jap telling meat-world people to scram.

I assume that, for it to be funny, you'd have to know the original image, and also know the word "weeb" before it was explained, so you'd get the gut-punch of recognition.

I'd hate to try to explain the humor in this picture to someone who didn't get it instantly:

Image here. Sorry, I just can't remember how to do it. It used to be easy. Here's a link to a page, maybe that will work:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...rvey+oswald+album+cover&imgrc=bAjqnZmS7wLxBM:

Or:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...l=en&tbm=isch&q=lee+harvey+oswald+album+cover

Urban dictionary:
weeb
A one-syllable contraction of "weeaboo", which is Internet for "wapanese".

Which inevitably leads to:
Weeaboo
A non-Japanese person that either considers themselves Japanese, or wishes they were. Often confused with the word otaku which in Japanese is usually referring to a geek, while in English it usually means someone is obsessed with anime, unlike a weeaboo, who is not only obsessed with anime, but the whole entire culture. They are known to use Japanese words in the middle of English sentences, and they are hated by society.

Weeaboo: Konnichiwa Sarah-chan! How did you do on that test, desu?
Sarah: Don't be such a weeaboo.

It would have also worked for the mirror universe "At what point did this seem like a good idea?"

View attachment 7778
Oh, man, oh, man, ohmanohmanohman...
I need a t-shirt gun and a pallet of tennis balls.
I just want to shoot them into the center and see where they come down... See if i can learn to hit specific cars...

lat-cindyclassic-la0007105540-19670101

Back
Top Bottom