• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

I know the fifth element reference but don’t get the word “multipass”. What am I missing there? Is that from a line in the movie? I admit I don’t remember all the dialogue.

yes. it's from the movie.

Thanks! I haven’t seen it in a very long time. My roommate at the time saw it before me and he bashed it so much I took a long time to see it. When I did finally see it I went in with spoiled anticipation from my roommate and this did not enjoy it. Later, my roommate did a 180 and said he loved it and I never forgave him for that.

Perhaps if I saw it again with fresh eyes after so much time having passed I may have a different opinion.

I can not tell you if you would like it or not. Movies are subjective.
Gary Oldman, who acted in the movie, hated it!

"In the Playboy interview, Oldman was asked what he thought about The Fifth Element, to which he responded, "Oh no, I can't bear it," via AV Club. The Fifth Element is a beloved underrated sci-fi movie, so Oldman's words were bound to provoke some outrage. Dec 31, 2023

Some critics liked it and others didn't https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fifth_element

I love the movie. I think it was very difficult to film. Director issues, idk.

That's an understatement.

IFRC, the director's wife played the blue opera singer. He dumped her for the woman that played Lelu (sp?)

Drama, anyone?

IFRC, the director's wife played the blue opera singer. He dumped her for the woman that played Lelu (sp?)

Drama, anyone?
It is actually worse than that too. I try not to get into celebrity drama, but Besson makes it harder to appreciate his creations.

I know the fifth element reference but don’t get the word “multipass”. What am I missing there? Is that from a line in the movie? I admit I don’t remember all the dialogue.

Thanks! I haven’t seen it in a very long time. My roommate at the time saw it before me and he bashed it so much I took a long time to see it. When I did finally see it I went in with spoiled anticipation from my roommate and this did not enjoy it. Later, my roommate did a 180 and said he loved it and I never forgave him for that.

Perhaps if I saw it again with fresh eyes after so much time having passed I may have a different opinion.

"In the Playboy interview, Oldman was asked what he thought about The Fifth Element, to which he responded, "Oh no, I can't bear it," via AV Club. The Fifth Element is a beloved underrated sci-fi movie, so Oldman's words were bound to provoke some outrage. Dec 31, 2023

Some critics liked it and others didn't https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fifth_element

Oldman is wasted in it. Which is odd because he wasn't in Leon. The movie is over the top but intentionally so. Admittedly there is a lot to love and hate about the film. I personally think it is great story telling with over the top set design.

Oldman is wasted in it. Which is odd because he wasn't in Leon. The movie is over the top but intentionally so. Admittedly there is a lot to love and hate about the film. I personally think it is great story telling with over the top set design.

I consider The Fifth Element as a comedy - in the great tradition of Hitchhikers Guide. The set design and all the characters are right out of the comic books. A lot of fun.

I consider The Fifth Element as a comedy - in the great tradition of Hitchhikers Guide. The set design and all the characters are right out of the comic books. A lot of fun.

Aziz, light! :)

Oldman was in his element in Leon, and he liked the end product, while in Fifth Element he did not...

CDN media
Sadly, I don't get this one.
Fifth Element reference

If you haven't seen the movie, see it. It's iconic. :)

I did see it, but it was a long time ago. Back around the late 90's or early 2000's I visited a friend in Colorado for a week or so, and we watched a lot of his favorite movies (mostly sorta weird, quirky sci-fi stuff). The Fifth Element was one of them, and I don't remember much about it, except I lost the plot early on, so the rest was just confusing and tedious to me. Maybe I should give it another chance, 25 years later. Other ones we watched included Brazil (sorta "meh") and 12 Monkeys which I remember kind of liking. Plus, some anime stuff which I found to be unwatchable.

Drama, anyone?
It is actually worse than that too. I try not to get into celebrity drama, but Besson makes it harder to appreciate his creations.
What do you expect? He's French. ;)

Back
Top Bottom