• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

Also, I found this amusing: gluten-free kimchi

View attachment 18997

Never mind that there's no health benefit for healthy people avoiding gluten, this is clearly labeling meant to exploit the stupidity of the average shopper. How in the [bad word] would anyone manage to get gluten into kimchi? You need certain kinds of protein and kneading for that, and this is just a collection of pickled vegetables and seasonings.

At the risk of out-pedanticing you, that is labelling aimed specifically at gluten intolerant people.

Properly made kimchi would have no gluten. Commercially prepared foods often have other stuff included to give the right consistency quickly and easily.

That is telling coeliacs that there is no flour in that.

I've got to stop going on FaceBook.

46483083_10156504361265791_3271716991567659008_n.jpg

Spidey, NOOOOOO!!!

ETA: One of the comments - "When you can't eat romaine lettuce but still want salad."

And the conservative 'For America' group was upset that Macy's had two women kissing in front of their children...

View attachment 18997

Never mind that there's no health benefit for healthy people avoiding gluten, this is clearly labeling meant to exploit the stupidity of the average shopper. How in the [bad word] would anyone manage to get gluten into kimchi? You need certain kinds of protein and kneading for that, and this is just a collection of pickled vegetables and seasonings.

At the risk of out-pedanticing you, that is labelling aimed specifically at gluten intolerant people.

Properly made kimchi would have no gluten. Commercially prepared foods often have other stuff included to give the right consistency quickly and easily.

What in the balls would anyone want to put flour in kimchi?

Like I said, if you put any gluten in kimchi, you're doing something horribly wrong.

And the labeling isn't for coeliacs. Businesses know that there are a large number of perfectly healthy people who have convinced themselves that there are health benefits to avoiding gluten.

- - - Updated - - -

Gosh, who could ever have imagined that an openly fascist person could be that batshit wrong about sexual identity and gender identity?

It seems that the expanding wealth gap has resulted in children hoping to work at Home Depot when they grow up.

When I was a kid, people dreamed of being astronauts or the first woman president, or shit like that, but now we have kids hoping for the day they can sell snow shovels at a home supply warehouse.

View attachment 18997

This " Gluten Free" has become an industry in itself, and a blatant con cash grab. Gluten free bread, pasta etc costs up to three times normal. Less than one in a hundred people are gluten intolerant. You wouldn't think so by the shelves and shelves of " gluten free" products on display.

It seems that the expanding wealth gap has resulted in children hoping to work at Home Depot when they grow up.

When I was a kid, people dreamed of being astronauts or the first woman president, or shit like that, but now we have kids hoping for the day they can sell snow shovels at a home supply warehouse.

The pole dancers probably get paid a lot better.

I don't know if it's a dearth of ambition. Maybe she understands 'i sell shovels to people who desperately need them' while daddy's attempts to explain his work streamlining the paperwork for the quality assurance function for the 787 Nose Assembly Transponder installation office is just something about airplanes and.... math... stuff.

hallomean_o_6117075.webp

Back
Top Bottom