• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Impeachment fallout - Christianity Today calls for Trump's removal from office.

I thought atheists said evangelicals were dumb and always wrong?
A detriment to all life on earth. This guy's more than on the slow-side to only just now realize Trump is a morally vacant piece of shit.

Here you go, Half-Life, a flimflam man wants you to think like this, so do as you're told and think like this:

View attachment 25343

Let the basest parts of your personality (or, iow, your personality) suck that right up.

That picture makes no sense.

As I've stated before, Obama set the record for children killed in drone strikes. He expanded illegal surveillance on Americans. He was involved with Russia spying on Trump.

So, pardon us for thinking it's a witch hunt when Obama did way worse things than Trump and wasn't even hit with a feather on his wrist.

And I love how atheists are now touting the opinion of Evangelicals as Gospel. I thought atheists said evangelicals were dumb and always wrong?

But all of a sudden since the atheists agree with them on this, now the Evangelicals are smart with their opinion!

That is exactly what the Fox News host just said while laughing at the left's hypocrisy.

Ever hear about the stopped clock?

And I love how atheists are now touting the opinion of Evangelicals as Gospel. I thought atheists said evangelicals were dumb and always wrong?

But all of a sudden since the atheists agree with them on this, now the Evangelicals are smart with their opinion!

That is exactly what the Fox News host just said while laughing at the left's hypocrisy.

Ever hear about the stopped clock?

But you guys only seem to agree with them when they agree with you guys.

https://www.insideover.com/war/trump-expands-cia-drone-strikes-while-reducing-accountability.html

"When Trump came to office, he not only ramped up the drone strikes, but also removed some of their civilian casualty accountability as well, undoing a piece of Obama’s legacy. "

"The Bureau of Investigative Journalism estimated that there have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of Trump’s tenure. By comparison, there were only 1,878 in Obama’s entire eight-year administration. "

"Critically, Trump revoked an Obama executive order mandating the CIA to report on civilian casualties outside of war zones."

But this is just a derail. Half Life, why won't you stay focused on the actual subject of a thread? Pointing out the sins of one never negates the sins of another.

Apparently the most disgusting evangelical are still siding with Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/20/us/politics/christianity-today-trump-evangelicals.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Evidently leaving little to chance, Mr. Trump’s re-election campaign announced on Friday evening that he would go to Miami on Jan. 3 to start an “Evangelicals for Trump’’ coalition.

The response from his leading Christian supporters was laced with animosity that mimicked Mr. Trump’s signature style, and reflected the extent to which they have moved into lock step with him, even in rhetoric.

Ralph Reed, founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, said on Twitter that he was “sad” to see the publication “echo the arguments of The Squad & the Resistance & deepen its irrelevance among Christians.”

Locking up kids in cages, taking poor people off of food stamps, lying almost every time he opens his mouth, praising dictators, etc. wasn't enough to make Galli reconsider his support for Trump. *sigh* I guess better late than never, but his editorial doesn't seem to be making a difference. Almost 20 percent of evangelicals don't support Trump, most of them are younger believers, but I will include my own mother, who now suffers from dementia as an evangelical that despised this horrible man. A few months ago, when her mind was just a bit sharper than it is now, I asked her who the president was. She paused for a minute or two, and then said. "Please don't tell me it's Trump". When I told her that it was Trump, she responded with, "Oh no! Your ruined my day"! Even a woman with dementia is able to tell that this president is the worst thing that could happen to us.

And, note to Half Life, assuming you're serious and not just trolling us for drama rewards, consider this. If your child or loved one was murdered, would you forgive the killer and say that he shouldn't receive any jail time? Forgiveness is one thing, but allowing a person to continue to do harmful things is a totally different thing. So, one can forgive Trump or realize that he's mentally deranged and may not be responsible for his disgusting behavior. But, just because you forgive him, doesn't mean that he shouldn't be removed from office. Even if a killer isn't mentally able to keep himself from killing someone, he still needs to be removed from society for the protection of others. Can you understand that simple analogy? Maybe not......

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/20/us/politics/christianity-today-trump-evangelicals.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Evidently leaving little to chance, Mr. Trump’s re-election campaign announced on Friday evening that he would go to Miami on Jan. 3 to start an “Evangelicals for Trump’’ coalition.

The response from his leading Christian supporters was laced with animosity that mimicked Mr. Trump’s signature style, and reflected the extent to which they have moved into lock step with him, even in rhetoric.

Ralph Reed, founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, said on Twitter that he was “sad” to see the publication “echo the arguments of The Squad & the Resistance & deepen its irrelevance among Christians.”

Locking up kids in cages, taking poor people off of food stamps, lying almost every time he opens his mouth, praising dictators, etc. wasn't enough to make Galli reconsider his support for Trump. *sigh* I guess better late than never, but his editorial doesn't seem to be making a difference. Almost 20 percent of evangelicals don't support Trump, most of them are younger believers, but I will include my own mother, who now suffers from dementia as an evangelical that despised this horrible man. A few months ago, when her mind was just a bit sharper than it is now, I asked her who the president was. She paused for a minute or two, and then said. "Please don't tell me it's Trump". When I told her that it was Trump, she responded with, "Oh no! Your ruined my day"! Even a woman with dementia is able to tell that this president is the worst thing that could happen to us.

And, note to Half Life, assuming you're serious and not just trolling us for drama rewards, consider this. If your child or loved one was murdered, would you forgive the killer and say that he shouldn't receive any jail time? Forgiveness is one thing, but allowing a person to continue to do harmful things is a totally different thing. So, one can forgive Trump or realize that he's mentally deranged and may not be responsible for his disgusting behavior. But, just because you forgive him, doesn't mean that he shouldn't be removed from office. Even if a killer isn't mentally able to keep himself from killing someone, he still needs to be removed from society for the protection of others. Can you understand that simple analogy? Maybe not......

Where do you suggest we keep the people waiting for legal entry? All the answers I have heard from leftists are, "Keep them in some kind of building." OK, so that's what we're doing. What's the problem?

And about taking poor people off of food stamps, that's a good thing! This means they can get jobs and provide for themselves! Have you ever met someone who fed a cat in their backyard one day and then they wonder why the cat keeps coming back every day? It's because if you feed the cat, they become dependent on you and won't go out and fend for themselves. This is why people say, "don't feed stray cats" and why we have signs of "don't feed the wildlife." This logic works the same with humans: "Don't feed the humans." It keeps them dependent on the government and voting Democrat. Democrats love this and Republicans hate this because the people are not becoming self-sufficient.

Remember the saying, "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Yet, leftists never learn from this. Their answer is, "Give free money to everyone who needs it!" Sorry, this is how you get 30 cats in your backyard meowing at you for food.

Trump has a core of support that is not going to change. But it is responses like CT's that indicate that he may be losing some of his fringe support. Given his slim margin of victories in the 3 key states, it will not take much loss of his fringe for the Democratic nominee to win, assuming the nominee does not blow it.

And about taking poor people off of food stamps, that's a good thing! This means they can get jobs and provide for themselves!
People won't be able to find jobs if they are starving.

Furthermore, lots of people with jobs also collect food stamps, like many WalMart workers -- Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance

Disgusting how much taxpayer money is spent on that.

That's the part you find disgusting?

First, I recommend getting an extension for your web browser that copies the title and the URL of a link and puts them into BBCode format. Such extensions are available for Firefox, Chrome, and Opera, though I'm not sure about Safari one way or the other.

Yes, but best practice is to only include a brief title as the link. A linked paragraph of text is not very readable. :)

This is so exciting! Trump getting free publicity over the shampeachment and Dems have secured his re-eletion!
Approval rating jumped from 34% to 46% during the shampeachment!

Thank you leftists!!!!

Right, you and Trump are so not freaking out about it. With all your desperate posting and all his ranting tweeting, clearly it doesn't bother you.

And about taking poor people off of food stamps, that's a good thing! This means they can get jobs and provide for themselves!

Being on food stamps does not keep you from getting a job. And the reason they are on food stamps in the first place is they can't get a job!

Have you ever met someone who fed a cat in their backyard one day and then they wonder why the cat keeps coming back every day? It's because if you feed the cat, they become dependent on you and won't go out and fend for themselves. This is why people say, "don't feed stray cats" and why we have signs of "don't feed the wildlife." This logic works the same with humans: "Don't feed the humans."

What you're missing is that when you don't feed them plenty of them die. With wildlife that's the proper approach but we don't think it's acceptable when it's people dying.

Now the Mormons are breaking ranks

By attempting to compel Ukraine to announce investigations benefitting only his re-election efforts, President Trump forced every American taxpayer to become an unwitting contributor to his political campaign and a supporter of his re-election.

By attempting to compel Ukraine to announce investigations benefitting only his re-election efforts, President Trump forced every American taxpayer to become an unwitting contributor to his political campaign and a supporter of his re-election.

Article said:
Some say that without Congressional Republican support, investigating the president would be too divisive. We reject this argument as one devoid of moral authority. Peace cannot be purchased so cheaply. Effective leadership does not sacrifice truth and principle on the altar of consensus. Instead, it gives voice to truth and lends courage to those who are fearful. Our nation is truly indivisible only when there is liberty and justice for all.

While we speak to all of our fellow citizens and elected officials, we call specifically upon our co-religionists Senators Mike Lee (R-Utah), Mitt Romney (R-Utah), Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), and Tom Udall (D-New Mexico) to honor their oaths of office. We remind them that this oath qualifies them for service and was taken in the name of God. The oath of office does not require our representatives to protect the economy, their political party, their seat, their ambition, or even the president. It demands that those sworn to office will uphold the Constitution and fairly adjudicate on behalf of every citizen. We expect them to honor that oath, and we will hold them to account with our votes.

So, your womenfolk and God require this of you.

This part is interesting:
While we speak to all of our fellow citizens and elected officials, we call specifically upon our co-religionists Senators Mike Lee (R-Utah), Mitt Romney (R-Utah), Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), and Tom Udall (D-New Mexico) to honor their oaths of office. We remind them that this oath qualifies them for service and was taken in the name of God. The oath of office does not require our representatives to protect the economy, their political party, their seat, their ambition, or even the president. It demands that those sworn to office will uphold the Constitution and fairly adjudicate on behalf of every citizen. We expect them to honor that oath, and we will hold them to account with our votes.

This part is interesting:

They expect them too? Either that's a figure of speech, or naive optimism must come with the faith!

Back
Top Bottom