• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Impeachment II thread

Good grief, the Dems truly are deranged. They are terrified of free speech that’s for sure. Well except for their own that is.

Robert Reich just pointed out that McConnell got Amy Barrett confirmed in four days, he can get Trump tried just as quickly. Do it now, Mitch!

Good grief, the Dems truly are deranged. They are terrified of free speech that’s for sure. Well except for their own that is.

Which governmental body is jailing people for what they say now?

Katty Kay on the BBC News said Pelosi wore the same dress she wore the last time Trump got impeached. I don’t know if it’s funny to notice such a thing or because Nancy Pelosi has impeachment wear.

Katty Kay on the BBC News said Pelosi wore the same dress she wore the last time Trump got impeached. I don’t know if it’s funny to notice such a thing or because Nancy Pelosi has impeachment wear.

Well, BBC tends to watch Elizabeth's brooches rather closely, for any message she might be sending. Meeting Trump while wearing a gift from the Obama's.
So, i can see an impeachment dress being shown in the Smithsonian. I'd donate for the curation of that exhibit.

IMPEACHED 232-197.

10 Repubs voted yea. Should have been unanimous though. Except for maybe his accomplices.
That means there are 197 members of congress who are fascists and would rather be fascists holding elected office than care about the country and the constitution.

Or maybe a better way to think about it is that there are 197 Holocaust Deniers in the House.

Not necessarily. Some are no doubt amoral assholes who will spout any nonsense if it gets them money and/or power. And some voted that way because they are afraid of the Republican voters:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1349369689227603968?s=20[/TWEET]

I don’t hold much sympathy for them. They certainly knew the type of people they were trying to appeal to for votes, and should have known how easily Trump would abandon them at the slightest ‘disloyal’ act.

And they think people believe them? Wow, they really are assholes.

That means there are 197 members of congress who are fascists and would rather be fascists holding elected office than care about the country and the constitution.

Or maybe a better way to think about it is that there are 197 Holocaust Deniers in the House.

Hilarious.

I have zero sympathy for any Repug who is so fearful of their own base so as to give trump a pass for instigating a coup to overturn a free and fail election. Every Repug who voted against impeachment needs to face impeachment and prison for aiding attempted treason.

I have zero sympathy for any Repug who is so fearful of their own base so as to give trump a pass for instigating a coup to overturn a free and fail election. Every Repug who voted against impeachment needs to face impeachment and prison for aiding attempted treason.

That's just another fucking canard they want you to swallow. If they wanted to do something honest they should just form a new party. They can call it "Hypocrisy in Government - Why We're Still Orange." They'll win in a landslide. It's the Orange State Coalition.

I ddn't know that Liz Cheney was a deranged Democrat.

Cheney said:
On January 6, 2021 a violent mob attacked the United States Capitol to obstruct the process of our democracy and stop the counting of presidential electoral votes. This insurrection caused injury, death and destruction in the most sacred space in our Republic.

"Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough. The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.

"I will vote to impeach the President."

And there's no such thing as free speech to promote insurrection.

I fucking love seeing Trump impeached. Since McConnell is going to stall on the Senate hearing, I wish they would impeach him repeatedly every single day until then. As one of the reps said today, Trump is a walking impeachable offense.

I ddn't know that Liz Cheney was a deranged Democrat.

Cheney said:
On January 6, 2021 a violent mob attacked the United States Capitol to obstruct the process of our democracy and stop the counting of presidential electoral votes. This insurrection caused injury, death and destruction in the most sacred space in our Republic.

"Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough. The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.

"I will vote to impeach the President."

And there's no such thing as free speech to promote insurrection.

You're forgetting that Free Speech and Assault are the same thing for some people.

I fucking love seeing Trump impeached. Since McConnell is going to stall on the Senate hearing, I wish they would impeach him repeatedly every single day until then. As one of the reps said today, Trump is a walking impeachable offense.

I loved it until Jim Jordan showed up on screen. What a dolt. He makes my entire state reek. At least I'm not in the 9th district, which elected him, but my district touches his. That, and he just got the Medal of Freedom from Skidmark.

The seethe is strong here, I enjoy that. It warms the cockles of my heart.

There was a time when Brits used to hate insurrection, what happened to you?

and he just got the Medal of Freedom from Skidmark.
Heh.

I have, i dunno, four rows of medals? Some reflect more pride than others. Some denote more sweat.
But none of them, not a one, if someone says, "Neat, when did you get that?" will i attempt to change the conversation. Or be vague about the year.

Back
Top Bottom