• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Impeachment II thread

Assuming the NYT report is accurate, McConnell does not want his fingerprints on the knife - let the Democrats do all the dirty work for him.

But they're going to need Republican votes in the Senate.

That's when he may bring the knife out--at the Senate trial. And why he wants the vote after the new senators are sworn in, fewer Repug Senators to convince to tell the truth, and so those who do vote won't be actually unseating a Repug President..
I read in the paper this morning that there people in the know believe that there are at least 12 Republican senators who would vote for impeachment.

I think that the Senate should censure the Senators who voted to challenge the election results from Arizona.

McConnell had no trouble rushing a SCOTUS pick onto the bench... but impeachment? Why take an actual position if you can just wait it out and let it disappear.

article said:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell won't agree to bring the Senate back early, according to Republican sources, and he communicated as much to Sen. Chuck Schumer today.

That means a Senate trial won't happen now until the early days of the Biden presidency.
McConnell cedes to terrorists. VP Pence's residence is fortified at the moment... McConnell says, Naw.

McCarthy gave one of the better speeches against the attack, about how horrible it was and that there needs to be accountability, that it wasn't antifa, and even said trump "bears responsibility" but then in one of the worst non sequiturs I ever seen, he said Trump still shouldn't be impeached.

McCarthy gave one of the better speeches against the attack, about how horrible it was and that there needs to be accountability, that it wasn't antifa, and even said trump "bears responsibility" but then in one of the worst non sequiturs I ever seen, he said Trump still shouldn't be impeached.
"There needs to be accountability, but please don't make ME go on record to apply it...."

Rep. McCarthy said:
I believe impeaching the President in such a short time frame would be a mistake. No investigations have been completed. No hearings have been held,
An investigation for this is required to see if judicial charges should be brought forth against Trump. The power of impeachment exists for the Congress to use their damn brains. We saw what happened, we know the time line. We just don't know if Trump should go to Prison. We do know he shouldn't be President now. All of this is played by the comments made by Rep. McCarthy when he said:
Rep. McCarthy said:
The President bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding. These facts require immediate action of President Trump.
Those two should have a sit down and talk about it.

As an outsider (and I can't stand Trump) I have to notice that it was the Dems that started the whole election fraud conspiracy meme.
Uhhhhhhh.... Bit of a difference in th at when "the Dems' meme" went to court, it came back with indictments, convictions, guilty pleas....
Not 56 dismissals of unsupported lies....

yep, and there may be more to come after Jan. 20 as sealed indictments get unsealed.

He'll be impeached, sure. But nothing beyond that. The longer this goes on, with the ripples of recent big tech censorship against conservatives, the more likely Republicans will close ranks. Trump is gone on 1/20. Enough already.

Fuck your false censorship claims. I've lost count the amount of Republicunts who in that last week have said on FOX, OANN, Newsmax, Twitter, AM radio, editorials in print media, Sky News, Morse Code, semaphores and a shit ton of other media outlets how they are being silenced. The stupid cunts are saying this to a huge audience with a total lack of self awareness. That word, "censorship"? It does not mean what you disingenuously imply it to mean. Twitter telling Trump to fuck off is no different than a bar owner telling a drunk with a long history of stirring up trouble to get out and never come back.

Parler.

Amazon (and a whole bunch of other guys) didn't want to be associated with treason.

As an outsider (and I can't stand Trump) I have to notice that it was the Dems that started the whole election fraud conspiracy meme.
Uhhhhhhh.... Bit of a difference in th at when "the Dems' meme" went to court, it came back with indictments, convictions, guilty pleas....
Not 56 dismissals of unsupported lies....

yep, and there may be more to come after Jan. 20 as sealed indictments get unsealed.
Maybe I don't understand the difference between political impeachment and the law. But I can just see four more years of Republicans trying to impeach Bidden over the Hunter Biden scandal....see if they don't.

Maybe I don't understand the difference between political impeachment and the law. But I can just see four more years of Republicans trying to impeach Bidden over the Hunter Biden scandal....see if they don't.
I see where you are coming from, but recent history disagrees. Sure, they will use it as an excuse, but they wouldn't have needed it. And from here, we step into the way back machine to 2006.

*Rewind squiggles*

Here we see America, dealing with a failed occupation that started because of hyperbole and exaggeration about the threat Hussein posed to anyone. A lot of people, especially here, wanted to impeach W over that. 100,000 dead Iraqis thousands of dead or maimed US Soldiers... there could be an argument in there somewhere. But others, including myself didn't want to rock the boat, to gain majorities.

*Fast-forward squiggles*

2009, Obama is President in one of the larger victories since HW Bush in '88. The Dems had a strong majority in the House and the verge of a super-majority in the Senate. A decision is made to not try any one in the W Admin on charges... or hell... even an investigation. Lots of people wanted blood. Obama stood above it, miscalculating as you are now and I did then.

One health care bill later, the blood flowed in the polls in 2010 and the Republicans took over in the House. Did the GOP show any professionalism to Obama for not investigating the run up to Iraq? Nope. Did they try to impeach Obama? Heck no! Of course, the violations he was guilty of were pretty slim picking. But Benghazi did make for some incredible theater for years!

*Fast-forward squiggles*

And we're back. No. Nothing that happens today will matter regarding Hunter Biden. Had the GOP maintained control, Sen. Johnson would have had his investigations and worked hard to weaken a President trying to actually lead the nation after a Presidential Vacancy for the past four years. The good news, Stacey Abrams, with a little help from Trump, managed to help the GOP lose two Senate seats in Georgia, meaning those bogus investigations? Not going to fucking happen. The GOP in 2022 also have a lot of territory to defend, so it'll be harder for them to regain the Senate.

i notice that no one in Trump's circle talked up Hunter after the election.
But sure. Yeah. Let's bring Rudy and the whole circus in front of a committee. And testify under oath. And present their evidence. And get cross-examined. Still under oath.
And see how it stands up to scrutiny, and who really wants to vote that Trump's lies need to be submitted to the rest of the House.

Listening to this bullshit talk by Republicans about how now is the time unity and calm. And I just want to shout: GO FUCK YOURSELF! I wouldn’t make a good member of Congress. But I would like for a Democrat to just ask them for unity by expelling Mo Brooks and that shithead woman from Colorado who told the crowd about Pelosi’s whereabouts. I mean you call for unity and calm after telling the crowd to kick ass? Are you seriously that obtuse? Maybe I missed it, but I have yet to hear of a Republican call for their expulsion from their party - much less Congress. All we have is excuses from them and an attempt to shift blame. No responsibility whatsoever. GO FUCK YOURSELF!

IMPEACHED 232-197.

10 Repubs voted yea. Should have been unanimous though. Except for maybe his accomplices.

This just in. Trump has officially been impeached again in the House of Representatives. Trump will go down in history for this. 8 days to go and Trump is out of there.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-impeachment-passes-congress/

The House of Representatives on Wednesday voted to impeach President Donald Trump on a single count of "incitement of insurrection" only eight days after the fatal riot by supporters of the president seeking to reject the outcome of the 2020 presidential campaign.
Ten Republicans joined a united Democratic Party caucus in voting for impeachment, setting a record for the most bipartisan impeachment vote in history.

Faux Nooz pity party to begin in 3.. 2... 1...

IMPEACHED 232-197.

10 Repubs voted yea. Should have been unanimous though. Except for maybe his accomplices.
That means there are 197 members of congress who are fascists and would rather be fascists holding elected office than care about the country and the constitution.

Or maybe a better way to think about it is that there are 197 Holocaust Deniers in the House.

IMPEACHED 232-197.

That means there are 197 members of congress who are fascists and would rather be fascists holding elected office than care about the country and the constitution.

Or maybe a better way to think about it is that there are 197 Holocaust Deniers in the House.

Fascists, or frightened of the fascists. Three years talking up the threat posed by antifa, they didn't fortify Pence's house until he pissed off Trump's voters.

From Trump's inaugural address, 2017:

"Every four years we gather on these steps to carry out the orderly and peaceful transfer of power..."

"The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer.
Everyone is listening to you now."

"You came by the tens of millions to become part of a historic movement the likes of which the world has never seen before."

Yes, Americans of 2121, you 'dumb, beautiful ministers', there really was a Donald who aspired to be the most Presidential President since Lincoln. You must seek out the ruins of his domain at low tide in the Mar-a-Lago lagoon, there to find "two vast and trunkless legs of stone...near them, on the sand, a shattered visage lies, whose frown, and wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command, tell that its sculptor well those passions read...On the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is <Trump>, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away."

IMPEACHED 232-197.

Not necessarily. Some are no doubt amoral assholes who will spout any nonsense if it gets them money and/or power. And some voted that way because they are afraid of the Republican voters:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1349369689227603968?s=20[/TWEET]

I don’t hold much sympathy for them. They certainly knew the type of people they were trying to appeal to for votes, and should have known how easily Trump would abandon them at the slightest ‘disloyal’ act.

Back
Top Bottom