• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Impeachment II thread

Trump lives rent free in your head. Therapy may help with that. I’m not certain though.

God bless his fat marbled little heart. He's got to live somewhere now that no one will pay his bills or do business with him. He's pretty fucked, to put is kindly, but still a master grifter.

Trump lives rent free in your head. Therapy may help with that. I’m not certain though.

God bless his fat marbled little heart. He's got to live somewhere now that no one will pay his bills or do business with him. He's pretty fucked, to put is kindly, but still a master grifter.

Trump loves you and forgives you.

Good grief, the Dems truly are deranged. They are terrified of free speech that’s for sure. Well except for their own that is.

The odd thing is Mike Pence’s residence has been fortified more than after 9/11, to protect him from the people that voted for his reelection. Talk about crazy!

The seethe is strong here, I enjoy that. It warms the cockles of my heart.

There was a time when Brits used to hate insurrection, what happened to you?

Insurrection, coups, sedition, holocaust deniers, fascist etc. it’s the ramblings of deranged people. And trolls.

Those are all real things, you know that, right? I know they aren't pleasant to think about, but it's a sign of maturity to accept reality.

Sounds like you worry more for Trump than anyone.

Just a question (or two) about the next installment in the Trump impeachment soap opera.

Your lower house has found him guilty and have sent him to the upper house. We are told that that means he has been impeached.
If the upper house finds him guilty is it called something else part from impeached?
If the upper house acquits him does that mean he is no longer impeached?

Just trying to work out (using a legal analogy) if the lower house has sent him to trial and the upper house puts him on trial?

I was truly hoping that once the election was over we would not be bombarded with US election news until the inauguration but no such luck.
I cannot tell if that is because you yanks are just incompetent or just love seeing yourselves on the telly, so you generate your own press.

Just a question (or two) about the next installment in the Trump impeachment soap opera.

Your lower house has found him guilty and have sent him to the upper house. We are told that that means he has been impeached.
If the upper house finds him guilty is it called something else part from impeached?

Just trying to work out (using a legal analogy) if the lower house has sent him to trial and the upper house puts him on trial?

I was truly hoping that once the election was over we would not be bombarded with US election news until the inauguration but no such luck.
I cannot tell if that is because you yanks are just incompetent or just love seeing yourselves on the telly, so you generate your own press.

This is the stage we're at.

Wikipedia said:
Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate, who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires the concurrence of a two-thirds supermajority of those present. The result of conviction is removal from office and/or disqualification from holding any federal office in the future.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States#Procedure

Since the Democrats control the senate, it's presumed to be a done deal. They'd all vote yes no matter if he really was guilty or not. It's a free lunch.

If it goes through is new title will be "not president"

House impeach (simple majority). Then Senate convicts and remove from the office (super-majority).
Senate is not a done deal, democrats need 17 republicans to vote with them.

Wikipedia said:
Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate, who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires the concurrence of a two-thirds supermajority of those present. The result of conviction is removal from office and/or disqualification from holding any federal office in the future.[21]

Since the Democrats control the senate, it's presumed to be a done deal. They'd all vote yes no matter if he really was guilty or not. It's a free lunch.

No, conviction requires a two-thirds supermajority in the senate. So 17 republicans would need to side with democrat on this. Not very likely to happen.

No, conviction requires a two-thirds supermajority in the senate. So 17 republicans would need to side with democrat on this. Not very likely to happen.

Aha. I see. Yeah. I won't hold my breath

Actually Republicans want to be out from under Trumps influence. That's why McConnell has floated his openness to Impeachment. No one wants The Donald to be screwing with their party for four years then running again in 2024.

So I wouldn't neglect breath holding exercises just yet.

Actually Republicans want to be out from under Trumps influence. That's why McConnell has floated his openness to Impeachment. No one wants The Donald to be screwing with their party for four years then running again in 2024.

So I wouldn't neglect breath holding exercises just yet.

They want to give it another week. See the final riot favorability ratings among Republicans before they vote their conscience.

Back
Top Bottom