• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Georgia on your mind?

It's really not as bad as the media tells you. Every one of my Black friends and acquaintances have voted in most every election without any difficulty.

I'm probably overly cynical, but I can't help thinking the GA Republicans be like "Why not let 'em vote? We can just declare Fulton County corrupt, and cancel them out."

I do have my concerns regarding that, but considering the size of Fulton, I think if they do try that, there will be more than just riots in the street.

It's more likely that their little game is to try and dissuade people from voting. There have always been people in Georgia who feel their vote doesn't count. The Republican scare tactics may make more Democrats feel it's not worth voting.

If they do try to overturn the election, it will go to the courts, which so far have not allowed the Republicans to get away with such shit.

There are also lots of huge corporations in Fulton who employ lots of Democratic voters. I'm not sure the Republicans want to mess with Coke or CNN, among others. Some of these companies have threatened to leave the state if the Republicans try to overturn an election. Some of the corporate world has higher moral values than the Republicans.

I read an article on Newsweek about a person who traveled through the south and was surprised to find that it was quite pleasant. She was living under the impression that the south is a dangerous place for blacks. She came across as a bit wonky to me, maybe because I lived there for a lot of years and wasn't invited to a single lynching. I even worked with a lot of black people.

I can only think this person has been living in a bubble. Even when I passed robed KKK members passing out flyers in 1980 they never invited me to a single cross burning. And all those blacks on my shift (I was the only white person) treated me just like a regular person.

I'm not sure the Republicans want to mess with Coke or CNN, among others.

I have a love/hate history with Coca Cola in particular.
As a child, Coke was the worldly manifestation and the object of my deepest desire.
Of course that was partly because I wasn't allowed to have it often, and it came in small (6 or 8 ounce) bottles so that even on those occasions it wasn't enough. Then, as a teen on the streets eating a macrobiotic diet of rice and vegetables, it became the devil incarnate in my mind. Now I love it again, but consume it irregularly and usually diluted 50% with carbonated (sodastream) water. The notion that it could be a stalwart against the dismantling of American democracy still seems like some kind of twisted fantasy on the order of The Hitchhiker's Guide. But it is somehow fitting in the current scenario where the Republican Party - the Party of my parents - has been possessed by alien symbiots that have taken it over and are controlling every movement of its body politic.

Some of these companies have threatened to leave the state if the Republicans try to overturn an election. Some of the corporate world has higher moral values than the Republicans.

Yeah, that's just weird. But I'm not sure that the alien that has taken possession of the Republican body actually gives a flying fuck about the well-being of the body it inhabits. Kind of like the child me, if given access to unlimited Coca Cola. If Coca Cola or CNN were to pull up stakes, the GA GOP might just declare them The Enemy Of The People and say good riddance.

If any of you followed the Georgia governor race, you know that our current governor was the SOS while he was running for governor. At that time, the SOS was in charge of the election that Kemp was running in. He was asked several times to step down from his position since it looked like a conflict of interest at the very least. Of course, being a Republican jerk, he refused to leave his SOS position, despite the fact that his term would be up at the end of the year regardless if he became governor or not.

Now, the Republicans are having a little shit fit because Fulton County has decided to put a woman in charge of the next election who had the gaul to work for Stacey Abrams Fair Fight organization. Fair Fight is simply an organization that helps get out the vote. Fair Fight has no control over any election.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/the-jolt-woolard-appointed-chair-of-fultons-election-board-over-raffenspergers-objections/KZ3UDGIJTFFAJF6YKRJ6HD74PA/

We told you yesterday that Raffensperger didn’t want Atlanta City Council president Cathy Woolard to be appointed as chair of the embattled board. He said if it happened he would try to remove the entire county’s election board under the new elections law that narrowly passed the Legislature.

On Wednesday, Woolard was indeed selected for the job, our colleagues Ben Brasch and Mark Niesse write. Raff’s objections made little difference. Woolard will take over the job just in time for Atlanta’s mayoral election in November.

Raffensperger argued that Wollard’s previous service as a lobbyist for Fair Fight, Stacey Abram’s voting rights group, made her too partisan to fairly oversee elections.

The county commission voted 4-2 in favor of Woolard, but no vote came from Democrat Khadijah Abdur-Rahman. She warned that the state’s effort to take over the election board, which is already in motion, will accelerate with a member who has already attracted Raff’s ire.

It looks like the Republicans are already trying to interfere with the next election. They saw nothing wrong with the former SOS being in charge of his own election, but a woman who worked for an organization that helps people vote can't possibly be qualified to be in charge of an election in one county. Their hypocrisy knows no limits.

Sidney Powell claims the boyfriend of Brian Kemp's daughter was ‘blown up in his car’ to stop Georgia audit

Trump-loving conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell is now alleging that a Georgia man was murdered as part of a scheme to prevent Gov. Brian Kemp from conducting an audit of the state's vote, which was won by President Joe Biden.

"I think, what we are dealing with here is pervasive and very, very dark," Powell told controversial far-right Pastor Andrew Wommack on his podcast. "It's organized, it's well-funded, it's pure evil."

"They are willing to kill people à la Kelly Loeffler's aide in GA, who was suddenly blown up in his car on the way to a rally for her. He happened to be dating Gov. Kemp's daughter. Gov. Kemp was considering, I think, at that point a signature audit," Powell said.

"We are talking about trillions of dollars of global wealth at issue here," she said, alleging a murderous international conspiracy.

The only problem is, Loeffler's aide was not "suddenly blown up in his car."

Harrison Deal, the aide in question, "died in a three-vehicle crash on I-16" The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported at the time.

Sidney Powell claims the boyfriend of Brian Kemp's daughter was ‘blown up in his car’ to stop Georgia audit

Trump-loving conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell is now alleging that a Georgia man was murdered as part of a scheme to prevent Gov. Brian Kemp from conducting an audit of the state's vote, which was won by President Joe Biden.

"I think, what we are dealing with here is pervasive and very, very dark," Powell told controversial far-right Pastor Andrew Wommack on his podcast. "It's organized, it's well-funded, it's pure evil."

"They are willing to kill people à la Kelly Loeffler's aide in GA, who was suddenly blown up in his car on the way to a rally for her. He happened to be dating Gov. Kemp's daughter. Gov. Kemp was considering, I think, at that point a signature audit," Powell said.

"We are talking about trillions of dollars of global wealth at issue here," she said, alleging a murderous international conspiracy.

Harrison Deal, the aide in question, "died in a three-vehicle crash on I-16" The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported at the time.

Sidney Powell will never give up! It'll never be over. Nothing is over until she decides it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?? Hell no!

Sidney Powell will never give up! It'll never be over. Nothing is over until she decides it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?? Hell no!

But can we see her zit impression?

The only problem?

If I was a believer I'd be begging god to make this happen soon.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/lawyers-trump-faces-substantial-legal-risk-in-georgia-criminal-case/UDERBJCBJJAOHKQSTWQN6Z7EZI/

Ahead of former President Donald Trump’s return to Georgia, legal experts with the Brookings Institution think tank published a detailed analysis Friday of the potential criminal investigation he faces in Fulton County linked to his outspoken efforts to overturn the state’s election results.

The 107-page report, written by seven legal analysts, concludes that Trump’s post-election conduct leaves him at “substantial risk of possible state charges predicated on multiple crimes.” It was published a day before Trump is set to hold a rally in Perry to promote a slate of state Republican candidates.

Much of the report centers on the Jan. 2 phone call between Trump and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger first reported by The Washington Post and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. During that call, Trump badgered the GOP elections official to “find” enough votes to reverse his narrow defeat.

But it also outlines a host of other potential criminal infractions surrounding his push to invalidate the election, including direct calls to Gov. Brian Kemp and state Attorney General Chris Carr, and efforts by his attorney Rudy Giuliani to lobby state legislators to take extraordinary action.

Overall, the report said, the charges could include criminal solicitation to commit election fraud, intentional interference with performance of election duties, conspiracy to commit election fraud, racketeering and violations of more than a dozen other state statutes.

Please Fulton County! Get it together and file some charges, at least that way, even if they don't result in a conviction, it will keep the orange menace tied up in court for awhile. Trump has done so many illegal things over the course of his life, it would be so pleasing to see him finally having to defend his actions in court! Maybe he will plead insanity.

Please Fulton County! Get it together and file some charges, at least that way, even if they don't result in a conviction, it will keep the orange menace tied up in court for awhile. Trump has done so many illegal things over the course of his life, it would be so pleasing to see him finally having to defend his actions in court! Maybe he will plead insanity.
He'll stave off the court until 2025, after claiming he won the 2024 election (no matter the results, no matter if he even ran, claiming a massive write-in win), and claim executive privilege.
And if even HIS supreme court directs him to cooperate, the deposition will be 2 hours of 'I was joking.'

Sadly, the orange menace was back in Georgia yesterday and thousands of his diehard fans were there supporting his craziness.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/live-updates-donald-trump-to-rally-for-his-gop-favorites-in-perry/QOWKHA5NX5HETCQL27SU5XZBH4/

PERRY — Thousands packed the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry as former President Donald Trump held a rally for a slate of pro-Trump candidates running for office in Georgia in 2022.

Trump has remained fixated on Georgia and Gov. Brian Kemp since Kemp refused to intervene in the state’s election results, which President Joe Biden won by about 11,000 votes.

The rally was as much anti-Kemp as it was pro-Trump. At one point, Trump said Stacey Abrams would be a better governor than Kemp.

At least he's admitted that Stacey would be a better governor than Kemp. ;)

With the exception of Herschel Walker, the GOP speakers took the stage one-by-one, with the same theme: Repeating election conspiracies, denying the 2020 election results, and insisting that Donald Trump should still be the president.

As recently as Friday, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger reiterated the accuracy of the results of the Georgia election, which Joe Biden won by about 11,000 votes. The tally was upheld by a statewide hand recount, a statewide machine recount, a signature audit in Cobb County, and multiple investigations.

He also attacks U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock.

“He’s a Marxist controlled by the radical leftist Democrats,” Trump said, adding moments later, “Next year Warnock and every single one of these far Left lunatics must be routinely and resoundingly and decisively defeated.”

But he returns immediately to wrongly insisting he won the 2020 election.

Since he keeps claiming that our election wasn't fair, maybe that will keep some of his idiot cultists from voting in the midterms next fall. One can only hope.

As you might have guessed, most of his 90 minute ramble was about him. It still amazes me that his cult hasn't died out by now.

Sadly, the orange menace was back in Georgia yesterday and thousands of his diehard fans were there supporting his craziness.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/live-updates-donald-trump-to-rally-for-his-gop-favorites-in-perry/QOWKHA5NX5HETCQL27SU5XZBH4/

At least he's admitted that Stacey would be a better governor than Kemp. ;)

He also attacks U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock.

“He’s a Marxist controlled by the radical leftist Democrats,” Trump said, adding moments later, “Next year Warnock and every single one of these far Left lunatics must be routinely and resoundingly and decisively defeated.”

But he returns immediately to wrongly insisting he won the 2020 election.

Since he keeps claiming that our election wasn't fair, maybe that will keep some of his idiot cultists from voting in the midterms next fall. One can only hope.

As you might have guessed, most of his 90 minute ramble was about him. It still amazes me that his cult hasn't died out by now.

Agreed. I wonder what will happen in the republican primaries? I think that Trump will win. But imagine little Marco beating him in a primary. Will the crazy Trumpsters demand a 6 month audit of the vote? I almost feel bad for the republicans...

It still amazes me that his cult hasn't died out by now.

Yes x 1,000,000 at least. I have never understood the draw this man has. Watch him for five minutes and you have to be overwhelmed by the animus and lack of education, the shambling, discursive delivery, the juvenile glee with which he namecalls. It's clear you're watching a cheap little man with no morals whatever. Assuming there are still books being written of U.S. history in 100 years, I have to wonder how he'll be described and assessed. And how granular the descriptions will be: there's a certain move he makes at rallies which is almost an homage to Mussolini. He'll say something boastful or he'll namecall a Democrat, and the crowd will interrupt with wild cheers. In the middle of the cheering, Trump looks to his right and pooches his lips out a bit, savoring his moment of appealing to the crowd's dirty impulses. It's an emperor move. It's clearly his version of fentanyl. It's pure Trump, the peak of his euphoria, and the egomania just gleams on him. Every time I see it, I think of the crowd watching him, and I think, Jesus, can't you see the self-worship in this guy? Don't you know that he'll say anything to get you to cheer? Trumpies are the people who never understood The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

It still amazes me that his cult hasn't died out by now.

Yes x 1,000,000 at least. I have never understood the draw this man has. Watch him for five minutes and you have to be overwhelmed by the animus and lack of education, the shambling, discursive delivery, the juvenile glee with which he namecalls. It's clear you're watching a cheap little man with no morals whatever. Assuming there are still books being written of U.S. history in 100 years, I have to wonder how he'll be described and assessed. And how granular the descriptions will be: there's a certain move he makes at rallies which is almost an homage to Mussolini. He'll say something boastful or he'll namecall a Democrat, and the crowd will interrupt with wild cheers. In the middle of the cheering, Trump looks to his right and pooches his lips out a bit, savoring his moment of appealing to the crowd's dirty impulses. It's an emperor move. It's clearly his version of fentanyl. It's pure Trump, the peak of his euphoria, and the egomania just gleams on him. Every time I see it, I think of the crowd watching him, and I think, Jesus, can't you see the self-worship in this guy? Don't you know that he'll say anything to get you to cheer? Trumpies are the people who never understood The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I have been saying he is a plagiarist of Mussolini ever since his first primary campaign.

I just want to skip to the end now (the bit with the lamppost).

Yesterday, I saw two yard signs that had Vernon Jones name on them. I think he was at the stupid rally and I wondered if the people who live in those homes attended the rally. Perry is only about 100 miles from me and it's an extremely crazy Christian conservative area.

We went to see Jobar. yesterday. He lives in the boonies and on the way we saw some "Impeach Biden" signs and of course, lot's of "Trust God" signs. If God gave us Trump, there is no way I'd every trust that mother fucker.

Yesterday, I saw two yard signs that had Vernon Jones name on them. I think he was at the stupid rally and I wondered if the people who live in those homes attended the rally. Perry is only about 100 miles from me and it's an extremely crazy Christian conservative area.

We went to see Jobar. yesterday. He lives in the boonies and on the way we saw some "Impeach Biden" signs and of course, lot's of "Trust God" signs. If God gave us Trump, there is no way I'd every trust that mother fucker.

Georgia and Pennsylvania sound like mirror images. Lots of crazy around here too. I'm lately seeing lots of those "Miss me yet?" signs. It's revealing how easily some people can be fleeced. It's so obvious Orange is doing it for the money, same as most religious businesses. The connection cannot be more obvious.

Back
Top Bottom