• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Leftism a Mental Illness?

The support of Trump in the Republican electorate is what is driving the Republican Congressional lies.

The electorate is the catalyst of the pathological lies.

E04yDuOWEAY1Xm9

E04yDuLWEAINsOv

May is Mental Health Month.

Here are some recommendations:
  • Stay away from toxic thoughts, toxic people and toxic conversations.
    [*]Engage in positive thoughts and conversations.
    [*]Practice mindfulness or meditation on a daily basis.
    [*]Learn how to manage your stress.
    [*]Stay present in your daily relationships.
    [*]Avoid “screen time” and engage in more “in person time”.
    [*]Visit your doctor for preventative health and cancer screenings.
    [*]Take time for yourself everyday.
https://discoverymood.com/blog/mental-health-awareness-month/

The support of Trump in the Republican electorate is what is driving the Republican Congressional lies.

The electorate is the catalyst of the pathological lies.

E04yDuOWEAY1Xm9

E04yDuLWEAINsOv

The national security state that lies to the American people is something people on the left have warned about for decades. Without any delusions about pedophile rings Trump is about to arrest.

The left exposed the Pentagon Papers.

Trump did nothing to end government lies. Bernie is the only one who may have done something about government lies.

Trump just added his own lies in service to Trump to the pile.

He killed an Iranian general in service to the lies from the deep state (the national security apparatus).

Trump's lies led to treason at the Capitol. Now the Republican party is making it harder for people to vote all over the nation based only on Trump lies.

The Republicans have been completely taken over by Trump and his lies.

It is now the party of the Big Lie.

And reasonable people fully understand that.

And reasonable people fully understand that.

That is obvious and oft repeated, as is the fact that those who are cleaving to The Big Lie are in the minority. That their elected representatives are striving to destroy democratic process in order to maintain minority rule, is also obvious, often observed and often remarked upon.

What remains are questions about "reasonable people". Are reasonable people willing to spend unreasonable time and effort to place their votes?
Do they have any means of assuring that those votes will be counted if they do spend that time and effort? Are they willing to see the blood of aspiring autocrats shed, if that's the only way to preserve (create?) a representative democracy?
Inquiring minds want to know.

The above is good. I'd also recommend exercise. Hiking a tall mountain. Skiing on a powder day.

And for right wing authoritarian followers, know that it's ok to admit your fears and anxieties and vulnerabilities. :)

The left exposed the Pentagon Papers.
Correction: the 20th-century left exposed the Pentagon Papers. The 21st-century left has spent the last 11 years spreading lies and screaming in fury in a passionate struggle to do away with the exact legal principle* that made it possible for the 20th-century left to expose the Pentagon Papers.

(* The First Amendment applies to corporations too.)

Every party is the party of the Big Lie. Jefferson, Hamilton, Madison, et al. warned against political parties and tried to design a system of government without them. They bungled the job.

Maybe something positive could come from this thread?

For example, how can we get other groups to be as self-aware and accepting of their mental health issues as liberal women? ...and communicating about it?

This. :love:

“I can’t fix myself but I can fix society.” - said the leftist.

More like: "I can fix some of the things that fuck me and millions of other people up" - said the leftist.

For example, how can we get other groups to be as self-aware and accepting of their mental health issues as liberal women? ...and communicating about it?

No right wing authoritarian follower has the wherewithal to care enough about themselves to even try to fix themselves, much less anything else.

What makes you think that people who admit to mental health problems can't fix or aren't fixing themselves? For example an alcoholic who stays sober is fixed! They remain alcoholics though.

On the other hand, those who can't or won't admit to their own problems are in danger. Denial is all the way at the bottom at stage 1.

The numbers don't lie. Men and older people are having a harder time with this. 77% of men have suffered from stress, depression or anxiety so much so that it affects their work, but 40% will not seek help unless/until they are suicidal. If we want to help society, we should try to get men to be more like liberal women in so far as asking for help and being accepting of mental health issues. It's a normal part of life. Don't be afraid of it. Women are more emotionally intelligent, but we need to reframe asking for help as strength because it is.

"There aint nuthin' 'bout me needs fixin', but I'm shore as hell gunna fix society!" - said the rightist.

"There aint nuthin' 'bout me needs fixin', but I'm shore as hell gunna fix society!" - said the rightist.

The right says there are only individuals fighting each other in a man-made jungle.

There is no such thing as society, to the right in the US.

So they do nothing to help society.

And fight against people that recognize the connection of all within a society and work to enhance the lives of all within that society.

Life is about aligning yourself with some powerful individual so you can prosper in any way possible. That is all life is about to the right.

Align yourself with Trump because that will get you power. Go along with the BIG LIE because that is what Republican voters want to hear.

That is the right today.

The right says there are only individuals fighting each other in a man-made jungle.

There is no such thing as society, to the right in the US.

So they do nothing to help society.

And fight against people that recognize the connection of all within a society and work to enhance the lives of all within that society.

Life is about aligning yourself with some powerful individual so you can prosper in any way possible. That is all life is about to the right.

Align yourself with Trump because that will get you power. Go along with the BIG LIE because that is what Republican voters want to hear.

That is the right today.

Is it fair to tar poor Trausti with the broad brush of "go along with The Big Lie"?
I don't know. Maybe someone should ask him outright if he supports The Big Lie or not, and see if he answers ... or not.

My point was more about Republicans seeking office.

I am not saying the entire right-wing believes the BIG LIE (The 2020 presidential election was decided by fraud).

Biden lies too. Obama lied. But they are not lies created by Biden or Obama in service to Biden or Obama like the BIG LIE.

They are the same lies Trump supported when president.

The national security lies. The lies about what the national security state is doing in secret.

The problem is that we are all mentally ill.

It's a relative thing. We are very prone to unhealthy mental states and unhealthy thought processes. Nobody is as informed and rational as we think we are. We're just not very smart. We are very inclined towards poor perception, illusions, and delusions.

Extremism has a profound tendency to exacerbate our weaknesses. Extremism takes many forms. It might be avarice, an unhealthy attachment to something like money, sex, power, food, fame, mood altering chemicals, other things or some combination. It could be religious extremism. It could be socio-political extremism, like the OP describes. It could be other things.

But it all comes down to the same thing. Our weak minds have a way reinforcing unhealthy behavior. It happens all the time. It's not just theists v non-theist. Or right v left. Or black v white. Women v men. Or Americans v everyone. Or any other such large divisions.

It's the human situation.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom