• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

Bullcrap, kids who have interests in science in technology have actual achievements by the age of 14. This kid has absolutely nothing.

Da fuck?

So, because he's not some kind of child prodigy he shouldn't be developing some kind of interest in it? Teenaged years aren't a time to try out and experiment with new hobbies and interests?
He is not only not prodigy, he is an idiot.
Are you also against programs trying to get teenaged girls interested in STEM careers because if they cared about them they'd have been playing with chemistry sets instead of barbies in the first place?
How did you come to this conclusion?
All I am saying if we assume he has interest then we have to logically conclude that he is an idiot. Because as I said, kids with interests have actual things built by his age.

He seems to be doing quite well at appealing to people willing to delude themselves.

Watch this interview with Larry Wilmore with the knowledge the kid took a radio shack clock out of its case and dumped it in a box:

Wilmore is gushing about how complicated a thing Ahmed has built.

Wilmore is the real idiot. Ahmed seems very willing to play along. Given he's been told how awesome he is by Obama, MIT, etc maybe he thinks taking a clock out of a case really is that awesome.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...hmed-mohamed-arrest-and-street-cred/72736394/

For a 14 year old kid, it is fairly awesome.

How complex it is is beside the point. What's awesome is young people displaying an interest in science and technology and wanting to mess around with it inbetween masturbation sessions instead of just sitting on the couch watching TV while they're not masturbating.

That was Obama's take on it and I agree with him.

First, I do think it's great that he took apart a clock and screwed around with it. I'm not suggesting it isn't.

But that Wilmore conversation is really, really bizarre in light of the fact that's what he did.

I've ordered parts and put together my last 3 or 4 desktop computers. It's sort of a hobby. I don't go around telling people "look at the computer I invented". I just assembled some parts that were designed to be assembled.

This kid didn't even do that. He got an old Radio Shack clock and took out some screws and threw the contents into a case.

Watch the interview from 1:15-2:15

It's wholly inappropriate to what has been done here. Wilmore is like "it's a really complicated device", "So you wanted to make a clock", "it didn't look simple", "you actually thought through the process of how to make a clock yourself". "you just figure these things out all by yourself". Remember, the kid undid some screws.

All I am saying if we assume he has interest then we have to logically conclude that he is an idiot. Because as I said, kids with interests have actual things built by his age.

I'm not following you at all.

Are you saying that young teenagers don't develop new interests? That if someone hasn't played around with technology by the time they're fourteen (that's 14 - not 40) then it's too late for them to start considering it to be something that they might like?

It sounds to me that this is the argument that you're making. Am I understanding you correctly? If not, then what exactly do you mean when you say that kids with "actual" interests have already built things by that age?

How did you come to this conclusion?

So, nobody can or has ever succeeded in science or technology or engineering unless they have made some grand undefined achievement by age 14?

This is ludicrously false.

You think it entirely possible for him to be a master manipulator of a nation of people but impossible for him to be an inventor?
Of course, the ability to deceive people is complete different from the ability to invent useful things. Do you think the Kardashians are going to one day make great discoveries that help mankind since they have proven they are masterfully adept at bringing attention to themselves and monetizing it in the process?

The Kardashians have handlers, agents, and managers that make the industry that is the Kardashians work. It is not the brain child and sole executive enterprise of a 14 year old boy.

As for the abilities of manipulation and invention being different, that is not the point. The point is not what the kid can do but what grown assed men will allow themselves to believe.

For all of you that think putting the guts of a clock into another case take any sort of talent, there are eletronic hobby kits for children more complex.

Link

3153437_deluxeclosed_v2-plus-bits-rgb.1000x1000.jpg

This one say for ages 8+. When I was ten I built an am radio from its tiny component parts from a $9 kit like the ones on that site. It's not rocket science.

For all of you that think putting the guts of a clock into another case take any sort of talent, there are eletronic hobby kits for children more complex.

Link

This one say for ages 8+. When I was ten I built an am radio from its tiny component parts from a $9 kit like the ones on that site. It's not rocket science.

This post is a bit of a strawman. Nobody said "talent" is necessary to do a case mod. Look through the thread. Nobody said it.

People may have said that it takes is an inquisitive mind. People may have said that it was normal. But that is compared to people saying it is idiotic, and stupid. People want to insult and belittle the kid for his case mod, but that's wholly inappropriate.

He was just messing around and wanted to show his teacher.

This post is a bit of a strawman. Nobody said "talent" is necessary to do a case mod. Look through the thread. Nobody said it.
I'm not going to re-read this over 900 post thread to confirm this. But certainly his supporters in the mainstream media have hailed him talented.

More likely its his sister and father who are pulling the strings. Like Mark cuban said, when talking about what happened on that day and why he built the clock, Ahmed didn't seem too engaged and it was the sister who gave all the answers. But when he was talking about magnets and shit he was much more enthusiastic. He's just a regular kid, not a super-genius but not a villanous master-mind either.

Which is exactly what a villianous master mind would want you to believe. He's tricked you into blaming his patsies and leaving him off the hook so that he can move on to his next evil plan unencumbered.

Incidentally, his next evil plan is to build a toaster which may or may not be a biological weapon.
But he hasn't invented a thing! A baby could rip out the guts of a clock and put it elsewhere! I can see this kid one day becoming a grand mufti, or at least a imam by the people around him.

Are you saying that young teenagers don't develop new interests? That if someone hasn't played around with technology by the time they're fourteen (that's 14 - not 40) then it's too late for them to start considering it to be something that they might like?
Yes, we have 14 year old who is basically at the level of ordinary 7 year old or less. And yes, there is such thing as "too late" even for 14 year old.
And your "theory" appears to be: The boy was hit in the head and developed interest in electronics just a day before "inventing" the clock
It sounds to me that this is the argument that you're making. Am I understanding you correctly? If not, then what exactly do you mean when you say that kids with "actual" interests have already built things by that age?

Yes, we have 14 year old who is basically at the level of ordinary 7 year old or less. And yes, there is such thing as "too late" even for 14 year old.
And your "theory" appears to be: The boy was hit in the head and developed interest in electronics just a day before "inventing" the clock

As if there have not been millions of successful scientists or engineers who only became seriously interested in their field while in college or later. As if the majority of professionals are all dedicated hobbyists in their field as preteens.

For sure, you do know something about inventing, fantasies at least. Just how pathetically desperate are you to beat up on this kid?

As if there have not been millions of successful scientists or engineers who only became seriously interested in their field while in college or later. As if the majority of professionals are all dedicated hobbyists in their field as preteens.
Name one. And even if there are some odd cases it's still a tiny number.
For sure, you do know something about inventing, fantasies at least. Just how pathetically desperate are you to beat up on this kid?
I am not beating up this kid, I am beating up media, who is ridiculously blind to obvious facts

Last edited:

Link

People may have said that it takes is an inquisitive mind. People may have said that it was normal. But that is compared to people saying it is idiotic, and stupid. People want to insult and belittle the kid for his case mod, but that's wholly inappropriate.

He was just messing around and wanted to show his teacher.

In that Larry Wilmore interview I posted Larry Wilmore seems to think it's pretty impressive and Ahmed seems quite willing to play along. *shrug*

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=LvvQJ_zsL1U[/YOUTUBE]

Is that video going to get “the treatment”, I wonder? Because it’s dead-on about a very real problem. “Islamophobia” is the sort of shaming tactic that's too often used to try to force compliance; anyone that’s ever said it in seriousness had sided with Unreason in doing so. It’s not racism to be critical of the religion or people or to worry for your safety around Muslims since they are… all of them… to some extent insane jackasses just for belonging to such an insane and despicable religion. And “to hell with Islamic culture” is exactly right.

Are you a female? If so, I want to marry you! :p

Halloween outfit based on 14-year-old student Ahmed Mohamed

• Halloween retailer Costumeish.com have released the 'Clock Bomb Boy' Costume for $80
  • The outfit is inspired by Ahmed Mohamed, 14, a Muslim student who was controversially arrested after bringing a homemade clock to school
  • The company have frequently courted controversy, having already released a Cecil the Lion Killer costume and a bloody tampon outfit
  • See more Halloween news on controversial costumes
By Valerie Siebert For Dailymail.com

The company responsible for controversial costumes including Cecil the Lion Killer and the Foxy Megyn Bloody Tampon outfit has come out with a new outfit sure to raise some eyebrows: the ‘Clock Bomb Boy’ costume.
The outfit, based on the story of 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed, a Muslim student who was arrested when teachers mistook a homemade clock for a bomb, features a small aluminum case filled with 'clock guts' and an LED screen.
The costume package on
Costumeish.com, which has been renamed ‘Clock Boy Meme’ on the company’s website, also contains a pair of glasses, a NASA T-shirt and a set of handcuffs to complete the look - all set at a price of $79.99.
2D23F53900000578-0-image-a-1_1444163894155.jpg

• Really? Costumeish.com have released a Halloween costume inspired by 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed, who was controversially arrested after teachers mistook his homemade clock for a bomb

2D23FF4800000578-0-image-a-2_1444163973524.jpg

Talked about: The student received an apology from President Obama over his arrest and also received supprt from NASA, Google and MIT

Despite the touchy nature of the subject, Costumeish CEO Jonathon Weeks claims that the costume has already seen a fair amount of interest in the short time it's been online.
    'Yes, we have sold a few of them so far,' Jonathon told Daily Mail Online over email. 'I would imagine seeing a lot of "home-made" versions of the costume, as it is very, very easy to invent. (Pun intended) for the people who don't want to spend $80 on the costume.'
    'When is a clock more than just a clock?' asks the item's description on the website. 'That all depends on who you ask.
    'The day a 14 year old "invented" a clock and brought it to school a national scandal was born,' it adds. 'The Halloween clock boy meme costume comes complete with a small case, LCD screen, PCB board, glasses, and a NASA shirt and fake costume handcuffs.
    'Just be careful who you show it to!'

2C6777DC00000578-0-image-m-6_1444164017646.jpg

The famous photo: The controversial costume appears to have been inspired in part by this photo showing the young student being led by police in handcuffs while wearing his NASA shirt

2CEAF9FB00000578-0-image-a-5_1444164013038.jpg

The big deal: The costume also comes with a version of the clock in a case that now-famously got young Ahmed into trouble

Ahmed, whose arrest caused a national controversy, was reprimanded after bringing in a case to school containing a homemade clock that teachers thought looked like a bomb.
    The student has since received an apology for his treatment by President Obama on behalf of the authorities for his treatment as well as support from NASA, Google and MIT.
    The costume appears to be based on now-infamous photos from the incident including one showing the teenager in a NASA T-shirt with a confused look on his face being led in handcuffs by police, as well as a photo released of the clock inside of its carrying case.
    The concept is hardly Costumeish's first rage-inducing Halloween offering. They previously stoked the ire of animal rights campaigners with their Cecil the Lion Killer outfit remains, which recently experienced a massive price hike from $59.99 to $139.99 due to 'overwhelming demand'.

2BBF705B00000578-0-image-a-10_1441295167892.jpg

Hunting controversy: The company received a huge backlash over their Cecil Lion Killer Dentist Costume, which still remains on the site

2BEB129200000578-0-image-a-1_1441289227445.jpg

A strange homage: Costumeish.com also created a 'Foxy Megyn Bloody Tampon Costume' Halloween costume, based on Fox News reporter Megyn Kelly, complete with a 'tampon tunic'

2BA3865700000578-0-image-m-9_1441293984506.jpg

2BF0A20B00000578-0-image-m-7_1441293974204.jpg

The aftermath: The costume was inspired by Donald Trump's controversial remark that Megyn had 'blood coming out of her... wherever' during her questioning of him during the Republican debate

Featuring a plush severed lion's head, dentist tools, and a smock and gloves splattered with fake blood, the costume was created after the company was flooded with requests to mock the Minnesota dentist who killed the lion, Dr Walter Palmer.
At the behest of campaigners, the company later created an alternative $99 version of the concept with a lion suit and severed head prop meant to be a dentist.
The company also created a 'menstruation-themed' Megyn Kelly costume, produced as a comment on the now-infamous 'blood coming out of her... wherever' remark made by Donald Trump following the 44-year-old Fox reporter's line of questioning during the first GOP debate.
The outfit features a full-length tampon-shaped, red-splattered suit topped with a rope and was pictured with a news reporter-style microphone. It is dubbed the 'Foxy Megyn Bloody Tampon Costume' and is listed at $70.

Read more:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3262644/Company-offensive-Cecil-Lion-Killer-costume-releases-tasteless-Clock-Bomb-Boy-Halloween-outfit-based-14-year-old-student-Ahmed-Mohamed.html#ixzz3nsjGVaQ8
Follow us:
@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Halloween retailer Costumeish.com have released the 'Clock Bomb Boy' Costume for $80

Their clock bomb actually looks quite a bit nicer than his. I wonder if MIT will call them.

I think the cops partially dismantled Ahmed's clock before they took the picture, just in case it was a thermonuclear device or perhaps set to start beeping again which would have been scary.

Back
Top Bottom