• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

I've said it before. I'll repeat it. If having no time for Islam, even Catholicism for that matter, makes me a bigot, then I wear that badge proudly!

I've said it before. I'll repeat it. If having no time for Islam, even Catholicism for that matter, makes me a bigot, then I wear that badge proudly!

Just keep in mind that your notion that there is no measure too extreme when eliminating the threats you perceive in Islam make you a very special kind of bigot.

Just keep in mind that your notion that there is no measure too extreme when eliminating the threats you perceive in Islam make you a very special kind of bigot.
Yes, cartoons are too extreme

The "Severely Traumatized" Ahmed World Tour continues. Now he is in Qatar:

http://www.albawaba.com/business/pr/us-%E2%80%98clock-making%E2%80%99-teenager-ahmed-mohamed-visits-qatar-foundation-750864

I love this part:

Shortly after Ahmed’s talents were brought to the public eye, QF contacted Ahmed’s family and issued an invitation in recognition of his scientific and engineering capabilities that have recently earned him invitations to the White House, MIT and Harvard.

....his scientific and engineering capabilities? :hysterical:

Holy fuck! This kid has hoodwinked pretty much the entire world!

http://www.albawaba.com/business/pr/us-%E2%80%98clock-making%E2%80%99-teenager-ahmed-mohamed-visits-qatar-foundation-750864

I love this part:

Shortly after Ahmed’s talents were brought to the public eye, QF contacted Ahmed’s family and issued an invitation in recognition of his scientific and engineering capabilities that have recently earned him invitations to the White House, MIT and Harvard.

Holy fuck! You seriously think he planned this?

So in your opinion he really is a genius, just not when it comes to designing electronics.

I love this part:

So in your opinion he really is a genius, just not when it comes to designing electronics.

Where did I say he planned this worldwide attention? I think he (and/or his father) knowingly pulled a stunt that he expected would get him some local attention (perhaps just at his high school), but I think it went far beyond his expectations. And he's milking it for all its worth.

Based on what I've seen so far, I would say that he is closer to being a genius at professional victimhood and PR than being a genius as an inventor.

Where did I say he planned this worldwide attention? I think he (and/or his father) knowingly pulled a stunt that he expected would get him some local attention (perhaps just at his high school), but I think it went far beyond his expectations. And he's milking it for all its worth.

Based on what I've seen so far, I would say that he is closer to being a genius at professional victimhood and PR than being a genius as an inventor.

You think it entirely possible for him to be a master manipulator of a nation of people but impossible for him to be an inventor?

But I know that Ahmed is not an inventor and that it was a hoax bomb.

Then prove it.

This whole story started with liking the kid. In reality this was all a lie.
And I don't believe School/Police violated his civil rights in any way.

But you don't know what you're talking about.

I am afraid I know what I am talking about.

Then prove it.

You think it entirely possible for him to be a master manipulator of a nation of people but impossible for him to be an inventor?
Of course, the ability to deceive people is complete different from the ability to invent useful things. Do you think the Kardashians are going to one day make great discoveries that help mankind since they have proven they are masterfully adept at bringing attention to themselves and monetizing it in the process?

I love this part:

More likely, they saw an opportunity to use him for propaganda purposes. An American muslim kid, touring a brand-spanking new Qatari educational institution, is good PR regardless.

He is not a master manipulator. Just a regular manipulator.

More likely its his sister and father who are pulling the strings. Like Mark cuban said, when talking about what happened on that day and why he built the clock, Ahmed didn't seem too engaged and it was the sister who gave all the answers. But when he was talking about magnets and shit he was much more enthusiastic. He's just a regular kid, not a super-genius but not a villanous master-mind either.

More likely its his sister and father who are pulling the strings. Like Mark cuban said, when talking about what happened on that day and why he built the clock, Ahmed didn't seem too engaged and it was the sister who gave all the answers. But when he was talking about magnets and shit he was much more enthusiastic. He's just a regular kid, not a super-genius but not a villanous master-mind either.

Which is exactly what a villianous master mind would want you to believe. He's tricked you into blaming his patsies and leaving him off the hook so that he can move on to his next evil plan unencumbered.

Incidentally, his next evil plan is to build a toaster which may or may not be a biological weapon.

He seems to be doing quite well at appealing to people willing to delude themselves.

Watch this interview with Larry Wilmore with the knowledge the kid took a radio shack clock out of its case and dumped it in a box:

Wilmore is gushing about how complicated a thing Ahmed has built.

Wilmore is the real idiot. Ahmed seems very willing to play along. Given he's been told how awesome he is by Obama, MIT, etc maybe he thinks taking a clock out of a case really is that awesome.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...hmed-mohamed-arrest-and-street-cred/72736394/

He seems to be doing quite well at appealing to people willing to delude themselves.

Watch this interview with Larry Wilmore with the knowledge the kid took a radio shack clock out of its case and dumped it in a box:

Wilmore is the real idiot. Ahmed seems very willing to play along. Given he's been told how awesome he is by Obama, MIT, etc maybe he thinks taking a clock out of a case really is that awesome.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...hmed-mohamed-arrest-and-street-cred/72736394/
I don't think Larry is buying that kid's shit. He clearly and intentionally avoids inconvenient questions.
In any case, I doubt this kid will get to Colbert.

For a 14 year old kid, it is fairly awesome.

How complex it is is beside the point. What's awesome is young people displaying an interest in science and technology and wanting to mess around with it inbetween masturbation sessions instead of just sitting on the couch watching TV while they're not masturbating.

That was Obama's take on it and I agree with him.

For a 14 year old kid, it is fairly awesome.

How complex it is is beside the point. What's awesome is young people displaying an interest in science and technology and wanting to mess around with it inbetween masturbation sessions instead of just sitting on the couch watching TV while they're not masturbating.

That was Obama's take on it and I agree with him.

Bullcrap, kids who have interests in science in technology have actual achievements by the age of 14. This kid has absolutely nothing.

Bullcrap, kids who have interests in science in technology have actual achievements by the age of 14. This kid has absolutely nothing.

Da fuck?

So, because he's not some kind of child prodigy he shouldn't be developing some kind of interest in it? Teenaged years aren't a time to try out and experiment with new hobbies and interests?

Are you also against programs trying to get teenaged girls interested in STEM careers because if they cared about them they'd have been playing with chemistry sets instead of barbies in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom