• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

This kid has tasted celebrity, his 15 minutes of fame. Obama met with him in private. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.
Would he have met this kid had he not been a moslem?

I think that depends on whether he would have been taken out of school in handcuffs if he'd been a Christian or a Jew. Obama didn't say anything about the kid being Muslim; he only referred to the clock and said we should be encouraging kids with an interest in science, not punishing them.

So what do you think? Would Aaron Moses have been taken out of school in handcuffs if he'd brought that clock to school? Would Antonio Jesus have been? If the answer is yes, then the answer to your question is also yes, or at least most likely yes.

This kid has tasted celebrity, his 15 minutes of fame. Obama met with him in private. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.
Would he have met this kid had he not been a moslem?

I think that depends on whether he would have been taken out of school in handcuffs if he'd been a Christian or a Jew. Obama didn't say anything about the kid being Muslim; he only referred to the clock and said we should be encouraging kids with an interest in science, not punishing them.

So what do you think? Would Aaron Moses have been taken out of school in handcuffs if he'd brought that clock to school? Would Antonio Jesus have been? If the answer is yes, then the answer to your question is also yes, or at least most likely yes.
Encouraging kids to take up science yes, fair enough. But not to encourage them to plagiarise other's work. Not to pretend to have invented something when they've done nothing of the sort! Obama should stop and think that no inventions, or very few have ever come from the Islamic world. Here I mean inventions that have benefited mankind.

Encouraging kids to take up science yes, fair enough. But not to encourage them to plagiarise other's work. Not to pretend to have invented something when they've done nothing of the sort! Obama should stop and think that no inventions, or very few have ever come from the Islamic world. Here I mean inventions that have benefited mankind.

So you believe Obama should judge people by their religious affiliations and racial/ethnic background? I don't. I think he should strive to be as race- and religion-neutral as possible. He represents all Americans, not just the ones who believe as I do and have a similar ancestry.

Oh come now, angelo. You can't have high expectations of them; after all, they were horribly oppressed by the West when they weren't horribly oppressing others. Set aside your bigotry of high expectations and be prepared to celebrate as clock boy becomes the first Muslim to tie his shoes, boil an egg, and - gasp - change the oil in his dad's car. There's surely a Nobel Prize waiting for him.

Plagiarise? How has obama encourage anyone to plagiarise? For f sake: we are talking of someone doing something school!

Your behavior is a perfect example of giant douchebag!

A bully. That is what you are. A bully.

Because claiming to have done something that someone else did is called plagiarizing.

This semi-retarded kid seems to think that he invented macaroni and cheese when he picked out the box of Kraft in the grocery store.
In a more recent appearance of this completely uninteresting, mundane child, he was holding up his "latest invention" (his words), the guts of a home theater system.

You know what really pisses me off about this dickface kid?

He represents what the general public currently seems to know and or think about science.
"I have an idea maybe <some stupid shit>. That is a THEORY"
"The big bang was an explosion. explosions don't create things they destroy things. That is LOGIC"
"Everyone wins. That is FAIR"
"I read the first google hit. That's RESEARCH"
"I googled your name. I HACKED you."

Words. They fucking mean things.

He represents what the general public currently seems to know and or think about science.

The kid doesn't bother me. He's slightly annoying and he doesn't come over that he is actually smart, he seems a bit soft in the head.

What's more annoying is the main stream media fawning over his "inventions".

In any event, it seems that Ahmed will be leaving the USA for good. After shaking the hands of human rights abuser, Obama and Bashir, he is headed off to that bastion of human rights, Qatar.

Turns out Ahmed and his family are moving to Qatar. Regardless of what you think of Ahmed, everyone here will probably agree that Qatar is not a place anyone should grow up in.

Because claiming to have done something that someone else did is called plagiarizing.

(...)

Words. They fucking mean things.
Including the word "plagiarize". Misusing words is not plagiarizing.

I for one won't be shedding any tears when this manipulative little con leaves the country. Maybe he'll get to meet and hug some high profile terrorist leaders and mass killers in Qatar. Though its hard to imagine he'll be able to top his encounter with the war criminal scumbag Omar al-Bashir:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_al-Bashir

al Bashir.jpg

The good news for Ahmed is that he will now be able to parade his little "clock in a briefcase" invention around the Middle East without any hassle from the redneck white people. No doubt he'll now have the freedom to walk into the mosque during daily prayers, open up his pencil box, plug it into the wall and say, "Hey everyone, check out what I made!" :thinking:

#IDon'tStandWithAhmed

The kid doesn't bother me. He's slightly annoying and he doesn't come over that he is actually smart, he seems a bit soft in the head.

What's more annoying is the main stream media fawning over his "inventions".

In any event, it seems that Ahmed will be leaving the USA for good. After shaking the hands of human rights abuser, Obama and Bashir, he is headed off to that bastion of human rights, Qatar.

Yes, that is definitely the most annoying part of this.

No, there are many words to describe linguistic errors. I use "plagiarize" for consistency to the post I was responding to. Placing it in double quotes like you did would have been clearer, but probably not necessary to make the point I was making.

He's 14 years old. How ignorant were you about the world when you were 14? I was pretty ignorant and knew nothing about Qatar or even who the leader of Qatar was. You're all acting like he's an adult but right now he's just an impressionable kid.

He's 14 years old. How ignorant were you about the world when you were 14? I was pretty ignorant and knew nothing about Qatar or even who the leader of Qatar was. You're all acting like he's an adult but right now he's just an impressionable kid.

I was probably quite ignorant in the ways of the world when I was 14. But my parents never had me introduced to human rights abusers :( So I "blame" (for the want of a better word) his crackpot father more than the kid over this.

No, there are many words to describe linguistic errors. I use "plagiarize" for consistency to the post I was responding to. Placing it in double quotes like you did would have been clearer, but probably not necessary to make the point I was making.
Understood, but just pointing out the irony that you griped about words having meaning by referring to what Ahmed did (and Obama allegedly encouraged) with an incorrect term. Calling a clock his "invention" is not plagiarizing just because he used the insides of a Radio Shack alarm clock. He could have built it from scratch parts, and it would still not have been any more of an "invention" (nor any less).

Understood, but just pointing out the irony that you griped about words having meaning by referring to what Ahmed did (and Obama allegedly encouraged) with an incorrect term. Calling a clock his "invention" is not plagiarizing just because he used the insides of a Radio Shack alarm clock. He could have built it from scratch parts, and it would still not have been any more of an "invention" (nor any less).

got it... agree.

I would have embraced his.. thing.. if it was presented as 'art' or a 'hobby'. In fact, I would have identified with him. When I was 14 I took my old / broken toys apart all the time and saved the guts as if I was going to make some new thing out of it... not that I knew what the hell I was doing. I was just a kid taking things apart. and that is all he is too. I guess you hit it on the head when it was said that the most annoying aspect of this was the media propping him up as some young, misunderstood, genius 'inventor' that got me hating him.

Back
Top Bottom