• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#IStandWithAhmed (or Inventing While Muslim is a thing?)

He built a pencil case clock with some of it, remember?
Correction! He placed the guts of a clock into the pencil case. Clock boy hasn't built a thing.

Your attempts to redefine words that we all learned before kindergarten only serve to make yourself and your position more laughable and transparent. In case you haven't learned the word yet, let me direct you to a definition of the word "build."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/build

build
verb \ˈbild\
: to make (something) by putting together parts or materials

07.jpg

Correction! He placed the guts of a clock into the pencil case. Clock boy hasn't built a thing.

Your attempts to redefine words that we all learned before kindergarten only serve to make yourself and your position more laughable and transparent. In case you haven't learned the word yet, let me direct you to a definition of the word "build."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/build

build
verb \ˈbild\
: to make (something) by putting together parts or materials
He bought that case. But I would have been impressed if he actually built it.

Nobody made this claim.

[Claim#1 is proved wrong.]. Then...
Claim#2: "It's a hoax bomb!"

[Claim#2 is proved wrong.] Then...
Claim#3: "Well, he made me think it was a hoax bomb. It was a hoax hoax bomb!"
No, that would still be a hoax bomb, according to the legal definition.

This legal definition?

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 46.08 : Texas Statutes - Section 46.08: HOAX BOMBS

(a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:

(1) make another believe that the hoax bomb is an explosive or incendiary device; or

(2) cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.

(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/10/46/46.08#sthash.sCYVkjY7.dpuf

(bolding mine)

The student code of conduct in the school district lists "look-alive weapons" as contraband. Danger is irrelevant, only what it looks like.
The school adm was not fooled, so it is a pretty strange argument to make that it looked like a bomb when no one thought it really did. Moreover, a violation of school policy does not require the police.

Nobody made this claim.

No, that would still be a hoax bomb, according to the legal definition.

This legal definition?

(a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:
Well, Ahmed the clockmeyster knew it looked like a hoax bomb, he admitted it.
As for intent, then that's for police investigation to find out.

This legal definition?

The police found there was no intent.

- - - Updated - - -

I watched the first 57 seconds. He started off by claiming that people thought it was a bomb. Is that really true? Do we have evidence of that?

See post below.

Reason said:
In many absurd-sounding school discipline cases, the authorities refrain from telling their side of the story. This time, we have cops saying things like this:

Ahmed never claimed his device was anything but a clock, said police spokesman James McLellan. And police have no reason to think it was dangerous. But officers still didn't believe Ahmed was giving them the whole story.

"We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb," McLellan said. "He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation."

Asked what broader explanation the boy could have given, the spokesman explained:

"It could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car. The concern was, what was this thing built for? Do we take him into custody?"​

So according to the police spokesman, as relayed by the Dallas News, Mohamed was sent to juvenile detention not for making a bomb, nor for falsely trying to convince people that he had made a bomb, but for making something that he could have pretended was a bomb, had he wanted to, though there's no sign he did. Got that?
https://reason.com/blog/2015/09/15/student-builds-device-that-is-not-a-bomb

We additionally know that Ahmed was not going to bring it to a bathroom and leave it there OR that he was going to leave it under a car because he showed it to his engineering teacher. It is highly illogical for him to show it to his teacher and then leave it somewhere alone because it would automatically trace back to him from his teacher's testimony. Therefore, that was not his intent. Therefore, there should have been no concern of a hoax based on police statements.

And the claim that Ahmed knew it looked like a "hoax bomb" is false.

He did say that one of his teachers said someone might mistake it as such, but that was after the fact. He never said he intended to create a "hoax bomb"

No, they merely say the could not find it, does not mean there was none.

So if the police can't find any evidence a person committed a crime, but he *might* have thought about committing a crime and he can't prove he didn't, the police can arrest him on suspicion of what they suppose he might have thought? That might be how it works in a former Communist country but it's not how it works in the US. The police here need to have Probable Cause before they can arrest someone. Merely suspecting a teenager was thinking about possibly pulling a prank at some point in the future isn't good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

He knew it, the teacher has told him.

That is incorrect. His teacher told him it looked nice but that he should put it away. The teacher never said it looked like a bomb, or a hoax bomb, or anything similar to a bomb.

Anyway, he built it and brought it to school before his teacher saw it, so any input from the teacher had no bearing on Ahmed's decisions while making it.

No, they merely say the could not find it, does not mean there was none.

So if the police can't find any evidence a person committed a crime, but he *might* have thought about committing a crime and he can't prove he didn't, the police can arrest him on suspicion of what they suppose he might have thought? That might be how it works in a former Communist country but it's not how it works in the US. The police here need to have Probable Cause before they can arrest someone. Merely suspecting a teenager was thinking about possibly pulling a prank at some point in the future isn't good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

That is incorrect. His teacher told him it looked nice but that he should put it away. The teacher never said it looked like a bomb, or a hoax bomb, or anything similar to a bomb.
Actually, I think he told him exactly that. But either way, Ahmed the clockmeyster knew it it looked suspicious and threatening, otherwise he would not have used a cable to close it.
Anyway, he built it and brought it to school before his teacher saw it, so any input from the teacher had no bearing on Ahmed's decisions while making it.
Does not matter, he was told it looked like a bomb and implicitly agreed when he tried to make it look less threatening.
As for the intent, I still have questions for his intent when he plugged damn thing.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I think he told him exactly that. But either way, Ahmed the clockmeyster knew it it looked suspicious and threatening, otherwise he would not have used a cable to close it.
Does not matter, he was told it looked like a bomb and implicitly agreed when he tried to make it look less threatening.
As for the intent, I still have questions for his intent when he plugged damn thing.

He was told it looked suspicious after he built it and brought it to school. You can't reverse engineer the decision making process by starting at the reaction to the clock and working back from there.

Ahmed apparently took his teacher's input under consideration, and made the power cord obvious in order to allay the fears of the ignorant, but that has no bearing on Ahmed's decisions or intentions when he was making it.

He was told it looked suspicious after he built it and brought it to school. You can't reverse engineer the decision making process by starting at the reaction to the clock and working back from there.

Ahmed apparently took his teacher's input under consideration, and made the power cord obvious in order to allay the fears of the ignorant, but that has no bearing on Ahmed's decisions or intentions when he was making it.
I am not going to run through google searches, but I think it was established that teacher told him "it looks like a bomb".
Yet this genius went to other classes and finally simply plugged it into AC and made it ring. I am sorry, but you are not going to convince me that little punk did not know what he was doing.

I am not going to run through google searches, but I think it was established that teacher told him "it looks like a bomb".

The English teacher said that, not the engineering teacher, after he built it and brought it to school. You can't reverse engineer the decision making process by starting at the reaction to the clock and working back from there.

Yet this genius went to other classes and finally simply plugged it into AC and made it ring.

If his school schedule was like my kid's, there wasn't time for him to go back to his locker between classes, so whatever he brought to his first period class was going to have to be carried around until lunchtime. Yes, he did plug it in, and yes, the alarm went off - even less reason to think it was a bomb and more reason to realize that it was a clock.

I am sorry, but you are not going to convince me that little punk did not know what he was doing.

I know. But that's not because your position is reasonable or supported by evidence. It isn't.

The English teacher said that - after he built it and brought it to school. You can't reverse engineer the decision making process by starting at the reaction to the clock and working back from there.
Yes, you can't, Ahmed decided to make a hoax bomb and made it.
Yet this genius went to other classes and finally simply plugged it into AC and made it ring.

If his school schedule was like my kid's, there wasn't time for him to go back to his locker between classes, so whatever he brought to his first period class was going to have to be carried around until lunchtime. Yes, he did plug it in, and yes, the alarm went off - even less reason to think it was a bomb and more reason to realize that it was a clock.
You make no fucking sense.
I am sorry, but you are not going to convince me that little punk did not know what he was doing.

I know. But that's not because your position is reasonable or supported by evidence. It isn't.

The English teacher said that - after he built it and brought it to school. You can't reverse engineer the decision making process by starting at the reaction to the clock and working back from there.
Yes, you can't, Ahmed decided to make a hoax bomb and made it.

I'd ask you for evidence to support your claim but I already know you don't have any and all you will do is post more make-believe and bluster.

It makes no sense that when you see a thing that sounds and acts like a clock it is reasonable to think it's a clock?

Either that's an Ad Hominem or you're in denial about having reason and evidence on your side. My money's on Ad Hominem.

mindless reading.

barbos said:
We were not talking about PCB repairs as PCB itself repair. We were talking about PCB based electronics repair. That is when you have perfectly good looking motherboard or something like that which does not work.

Some of the links which you are dismissing out of hand have soldering in them.

barbos said:
Of course you can replace physically busted resistor or capacitor, but you have to bust it first.

So?

Also, here's a guy using a cheap radio shack soldering gun to fix a circuit board very cheaply:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAa-IxuGE8Y
I think discussion got drifted off topic. ....
As for your posting and mindless googling then it suggests that you have no clue whatsoever.
I am an expert here, not you, and virtually all experts agree with me, this kid is an idiot and liar too.

For the record, I noticed that after I posted a video proving your point wrong, you claimed your sub-thread was off-topic and then used an argument from authority to try to get out of it. While the sub-thread isn't worth pursuing, I want you to know that most people around here will not find your argumentation style convincing: data is more important than an argument from authority.

Back
Top Bottom