• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

It appears the system is working

Read electoral-vote.org this morning, and they are noting that Mueller is putting together an absurd level of lawyers that are experienced with money laundering and the mob. This could be one of the largest prosecutions in our nation's history. We'll know when things are about to go down as Manafort moves to live along the Black Sea.

Read electoral-vote.org this morning, and they are noting that Mueller is putting together an absurd level of lawyers that are experienced with money laundering and the mob. This could be one of the largest prosecutions in our nation's history. We'll know when things are about to go down as Manafort moves to live along the Black Sea.

I have been saying since before the election that Trump will be sunk (I'm keeping that - "Trump will be sunk") by his decades of real estate dealings that, with no doubt, touched directly or indirectly the money laundering industry. It's pretty much unavoidable in big international commercial property dealings. The connections to Russia and that bank is a clear signal that this will be his downfall. However, I recently learned that the statute of limitations for money laundering is 5 years... which is ridiculously short.

What Democrats should be doing right now is putting together great plans to help people.

Universal health insurance.

Lowering the cost of college education.

Affordable and safe daycare, not only for young children but for the elderly living at home.

There is so much good that could be done to make living a little easier for normal working people.

Trying to dig up information with another Star witch hunt is not what the nation needs.

What Democrats should be doing right now is putting together great plans to help people.

Affordable and safe daycare, not only for young children but for the elderly living at home.

There is so much good that could be done to make living a little easier for normal working people.

Agree whole heartedly.

Trying to dig up information with another Star witch hunt is not what the nation needs.

I don't see it as a witch hunt. I see it as essential. The level of Russian interference in the US elections needs to be exposed. Frankly, so does the level of US interference in the elections in other nations. There are too many who will not care one bit what Trump did or accepted having done for his benefit in order to win him the presidency but that cannot deter anyone from exposing what happened, and quite likely, treason on the part of Trump and his cronies since the election and since taking office.

I see the two items as distinct and both necessary. The ability to do the first set is depressingly dependent upon the success of the second.

unter, this isn't a Starr witch hunt. This scandal is huge. It involves money laundering and the Russia mob. Trump has been apparently being making his money by selling his name in order for the Russian mob to cleanse money via buying vacant rooms in expensive buildings or buying buildings or homes outright.

It may likely turnout that the Russian mob was involved in the hacking, gave the emails to Wikileaks, with Putin quite happy watching on the sidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been saying since before the election that Trump will be sunk (I'm keeping that - "Trump will be sunk") by his decades of real estate dealings that, with no doubt, touched directly or indirectly the money laundering industry. It's pretty much unavoidable in big international commercial property dealings. The connections to Russia and that bank is a clear signal that this will be his downfall. However, I recently learned that the statute of limitations for money laundering is 5 years... which is ridiculously short.
And that is why you get top lawyers to deal with such things as statutes of limitations.

I don't see it as a witch hunt. I see it as essential. The level of Russian interference in the US elections needs to be exposed. Frankly, so does the level of US interference in the elections in other nations. There are too many who will not care one bit what Trump did or accepted having done for his benefit in order to win him the presidency but that cannot deter anyone from exposing what happened, and quite likely, treason on the part of Trump and his cronies since the election and since taking office.

I see the two items as distinct and both necessary. The ability to do the first set is depressingly dependent upon the success of the second.

Step 1: Win back the House and Senate.

Step 2: Investigate whatever you want to investigate with vigor.

To win the House and Senate requires having something that appeals to voters.

Depending merely on Trump's negatives is stupid.

And Mueller is building a legal team that is experienced with money laundering and the mob. So while dealing with stupid, yes, but also serious crimes. Remember, we likely don't know 80% of what he does.

Want the House and Senate? Convictions help. Actually convictions. Trump is protected, but his minions aren't.

And Mueller is building a legal team that is experienced with money laundering and the mob. So while dealing with stupid, yes, but also serious crimes. Remember, we likely don't know 80% of what he does.

Want the House and Senate? Convictions help. Actually convictions. Trump is protected, but his minions aren't.

This is in motion.

But it cannot be the center of attention and great hope.

Democrats actually have to do something positive to attract people looking for positive change.

This is in motion.

Democrats actually have to do something positive to attract people looking for positive change.
You clearly didn't get the point of the what has happened on election days since 2010. Heck, it took over 10,000 dead or maimed US soldiers in Iraq to finally win back the House and Senate in '06. The Dems pass some weak ass health care reform bill and the Republicans convinced America to put them back in charge!

The whole "positive" thing isn't the problem. Clinton had a plan, yet for some reason people suggested she was just running a "not Trump campaign". Trump promised easy solutions to wickedly complicated problems... and the people in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania bought it.

This is in motion.

You clearly didn't get the point of the what has happened on election days since 2010. Heck, it took over 10,000 dead or maimed US soldiers in Iraq to finally win back the House and Senate in '06. The Dems pass some weak ass health care reform bill and the Republicans convinced America to put them back in charge!

The whole "positive" thing isn't the problem. Clinton had a plan, yet for some reason people suggested she was just running a "not Trump campaign". Trump promised easy solutions to wickedly complicated problems... and the people in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania bought it.

When Bill, the only politician in the family, won the presidency Hillary basically was in charge of coming up with a health insurance plan.

It was not Universal health insurance.

It was a plan for corporations. A plan to try to prop up for profit health insurance, like Obamacare.

Do both.

When Bill, the only politician in the family, won the presidency Hillary basically was in charge of coming up with a health insurance plan.

It was a plan for corporations. A plan to try to prop up for profit health insurance, like Obamacare.
Obama had no shot in hell of passing UHC in 2009/2010.

However, I recently learned that the statute of limitations for money laundering is 5 years... which is ridiculously short.
But I just learned that there's no statute of limitations for impeachments. Since impeachments are political in nature, not criminal, they don't have to worry about whether or not the act, criminal or otherwise, could lead to a valid conviction.
They can amass a huge pile of articles of impeachment based on money laundering going as far back as they care to follow the trail.

It is what most Americans wanted and still want.

What a system where the majority wants something and one party has the presidency and the Congress and they can't get it.

That is not a democratic system.

In other words, welfare programs for the middle class.

But none of those plans can be implemented while the Kleptocracy is doing their best to destroy the nation.

Getting the corrupt fucks out of the Oval Office is a great and terribly necessary thing.

Two words come to mind, you and fuck. Do you have any idea how much it costs to go to a local public 4 yr college? My professor paid for an engineering degree by working over the summer.

And jebus, you have no kids, so shut up about day care support. I had no idea how poor I was until I found out how much day care costs. For a family with two children, it can be a few expensive car payments per month!

These would help the poor even more than the middle class.

Who they may not help much are the very rich.

The people who's buttocks you live in.

The American people are funny. Many voted for Trump and will be harmed greatly by his policies. People fall for political BS all the time.

What a system where the majority wants something and one party has the presidency and the Congress and they can't get it.

Yes, it actually is. Trump eeked out an electoral college victory by getting enough white people to vote for him in PA, OH, WI, and MI... as well as FL and NC.

The American people are funny. Many voted for Trump and will be harmed greatly by his policies. People fall for political BS all the time.

Yes, it actually is. Trump eeked out an electoral college victory by getting enough white people to vote for him in PA, OH, WI, and MI... as well as FL and NC.

No, when there is a total disconnect from the will of the people and the will of those in government there is no democracy.

Back
Top Bottom