• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

It's over! At long last! (The inauguration.)

What a strange day. Watching the normalcy in DC I haven’t seen for so long. It reminded me of the movie Cast Away. Are we back now? Are we really back? I watched a press briefing like Tom Hanks staring at the ice in his glass.

Are we back now? Are we really back?
yes, we are really back... to the weak democratic party that will collapse in on itself at the slightest puff from the right, and which will silently give up the fight when they are called radical feminazi communists, so that the exact conditions which lead to trump coming into power in the first place can happen again in 4 years.

hoo-fucking-ray.

Biden channels Gary Cooper during video swearing in of 1000 appointees.
“I’m not joking when I say this: If you’re ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect or talk down to someone, I promise you, I will fire you on the spot — on the spot. No ifs ands or buts,” Biden told the staffers, talking to a large video screen.

“Everybody is entitled to be treated with decency and dignity. That’s been missing in a big way the last four years.”

Anybody else catch Nancy Pelosi's Leslie Knope moment? Right at the end of her comments after presenting the inauguration flag to Biden, she said, "Congratulations... *slight pause* uh... with liberty and justice for all!" :rofl:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MsReeezy/status/1351922521684254725?s=20[/TWEET]

Are we back now? Are we really back?
yes, we are really back... to the weak democratic party that will collapse in on itself at the slightest puff from the right, and which will silently give up the fight when they are called radical feminazi communists, so that the exact conditions which lead to trump coming into power in the first place can happen again in 4 years.

...and loving it.

Biden channels Gary Cooper during video swearing in of 1000 appointees.
“I’m not joking when I say this: If you’re ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect or talk down to someone, I promise you, I will fire you on the spot — on the spot. No ifs ands or buts,” Biden told the staffers, talking to a large video screen.

“Everybody is entitled to be treated with decency and dignity. That’s been missing in a big way the last four years.”

I thought Gary Cooper too, when I watched a news clip of him signing the first Executive orders--I didn't watch the speech. The contrast with Trump that came to mind in his flamboyant signing of Executive orders was W. C. Fields.

A lot of disillusioned Qs like this guy.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/donie/status/1352257792728571905?s=20[/TWEET]

Best little perk: no news items containing the phrase 'a flurry of tweets'.

I'm curious who is going to fill the batshit crazy, insulter in chief, liar in chief role for the GOPers now.

Ted? Marjorie? Lauren Borebloat?

Cruz seems most likely.
He was staunch to the bitter end. And he's so Christian you can't stand it.
Also hugely hypocritical, his opinions about Trump before 2016 completely flipflopped after the "election". Christians like hypocrisy.
Tom

It only took a glance at Marjorie's Twitter feed to know that she's the one. It can't be Cruz; he at least has to act somewhat Senatorial.

How do Cruz, Hawley, and Graham stand out in the sun without melting into puddles of greasy goo and attracting the momentary attention of curious dogs that like to smell atrocious substances?

How do Cruz, Hawley, and Graham stand out in the sun without melting into puddles of greasy goo and attracting the momentary attention of curious dogs that like to smell atrocious substances?

I believe they carry a significant amount of the soil of their homeland. In the soles of their shoes, lining their suits, padding in the car's upholstery.

I wasn't sure about whether to start a new thread on this, but this thread seems like a good one for this post:
'Field of Flags' Fills National Mall For Biden's Inauguration : Inauguration Day: Live Updates : NPR
Instead of having lots of people in the Washington Mall, Joe Biden's inauguration planners had lots of flags.
In lieu of the crowds of spectators that fill the National Mall for a typical inauguration, this year the iconic stretch of land will be filled with nearly 200,000 flags, representing the thousands of people who cannot attend because of the coronavirus pandemic and tight security in the nation's capital.
Showing lots of American flags. There was also a very big flag laid out on the Mall.
The art display represents all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and the five U.S. territories: American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Slowing flags of all these regions.
At night, the "Field of Flags" installation will be lit up by 56 "pillars of light."
One for each state and territory.

Back
Top Bottom