• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

It's over! At long last! (The inauguration.)

Waiting for the new press secretary to say that was the largest inauguration audience ever, it's tradition now.

I'm still watching the ceremonies on CNN. I have never watched this stuff before. Normally I can't stand ceremony, but I'm finding it calming. Having the Obama, Bush and Clinton there is so finally normal again.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1351941614038614016?s=20[/TWEET]

The Qs were sure this would be the day all the pedophile cannibal arrests began.

They'll just keep retconning it endlessly.

Maybe that is why there was no violence today (so far), they are all home keeping safe while martial law clamps down and does mass arrests.

Anyway, I was suddenly remined of the old movie The Survivors. Robyn Williams, Walter Mathau, 1983. In it two New Yorkers go into hiding from a criminal by joining a militia. The militia leader keeps referring to the plan he has for when society collapses, holding up a briefcase with his plans. At the end the briefcase is smashed open, reveling a lot of stocks and bonds, and he basically was ripping off all the militia members.

"The storm is coming" was a Tweet in a bluff by Trump regarding military action against Iran. It was impossible to tell at the time if it was a bluff, but we knew the context. But nothing happened, except some people got a perverted hold on the statement and turned it into something it wasn't. Now QAnon either needs a new fresh angle or it is dead. Maybe a pedophile fried chicken joint run by the elites and Hunter Biden.

What is so worrisome is that thousands, tens of thousands, millions (?) of people were still hoping for a military coup to unseat a popularly selected and electoral college stamped winner of the Election. They wanted arrests, show trials, and executions.

Tucker's whine.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/UoT95B90cwU[/YOUTUBE]

Van Morrison's "Brand New Day" lyrics keep rolling around in my head.

When all the dark clouds roll away
And the sun begins to shine
I see my freedom from across the way
And it comes right in on time
Well it shines so bright and it gives so much light
And it comes from the sky above
Makes me feel so free
Makes me feel like me
And lights my life with love

[Chorus]
And it seems like and it feels like
And it seems like, yes it feels like
A brand new day
A brand new day, yeah, yeah, yeah

I know the new administration can't solve all the problems it inherited, but what a relief this brand new day has given me.

Tucker's whine.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/UoT95B90cwU[/YOUTUBE]

Ok so I watched the first minute and he's just making shit up. Today was all about relief from a 4 year horror movie and finally getting back some normally and respectability in the Presidency and we hope becoming a country that can be respected again. I saw nothing, except for a few jokes here, about what he's talking about.

Tucker...he was rather coherent when he was on Crossfire, but that was fifteen, twenty years ago. How else is he gonna stay on the same network with Lou, Sean, and Laura, without coming on as a major nutburger? I don't watch him -- ever -- but the excerpts I see on MSNBC show him to be a standard issue Fox craze-o.

Tucker...he was rather coherent when he was on Crossfire, but that was fifteen, twenty years ago. How else is he gonna stay on the same network with Lou, Sean, and Laura, without coming on as a major nutburger? I don't watch him -- ever -- but the excerpts I see on MSNBC show him to be a standard issue Fox craze-o.

"Dems are gonna wage war on conservatives." Looks like projection is one of the most common symptoms of trump cult disease.

"Dems are gonna wage war on conservatives." Looks like projection is one of the most common symptoms of trump cult disease.

The fear-mongering goes on...

At Faux Nooz, hard news journalists are being fired or demoted to push more far right opinion garbage peddlers like Carlson and Insanity. As Faux Nooz listeners are flooding to Newsmax, OANN and the like, Faux had to make a choice. Double down on the crazy or work to the true journalism side of things? Murdoch has decided crazy. Truth and journalistic excellence are out at Faux Nooz. News stories are coming out that Cable subscribers are now demanding cable feeds without Faux and other right winged channels. A lot of people are no longer willing to pay for this right winger insanity.

It is not going to get better at Faux, chastened by being wrong about the elections and steal the vote conspiracy crankery. Murdoch wants money and ratings and red meat conspiracy think is what is selling.

The fear-mongering goes on...

Also speaking the language of already-murderous Dem-hating trump cult. :/

Damn - fire works! There are fire works, big time, going off in Silver Spring Maryland right now (at 10:00 PM).

I thought the Japanese had the best fireworks. This display was beyond incredible!

The musical performances were fantastic too. Starting with Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez all the way through to Katy Perry's pyrotechnical finale. That said ... where were the Piano Guys? Couldn't they get the Piano Guys? Now that would have been classy!

Back
Top Bottom