• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

It's over! At long last! (The inauguration.)

Already a disaster.

hannity bidens first week.jpg

A day and a half is a week.... Hey, Sean, after Jan. 6, Biden would have to occupy the Heritage Foundation, ALEC headquarters, and Liberty University and let BLM kidnap Clarence Thomas to have a "bad week".
And on some of those, I would aid and abet.

C'mon everybody. Cut Sean some slack. Presumably he is referring to it as being "disastrous" because he has to clean up all the messes left over from Trump, and it is proving to be really difficult. Right?

How long are we going to hear this unity theme from Joe? This party you plan on cutting deals with -- this is the party that, in the mass, plotted to throw out the election results and reinstall the loser. They were fine with Trump ignoring the needs of your transition team. In other words, they're not patriots. They don't care about what our country stands for and what our traditions and democratic system require of patriots. They are unfathomably Machiavellian, and there is nothing to be gained by trying to placate them. Didn't Obama learn that?

How long are we going to hear this unity theme from Joe? This party you plan on cutting deals with -- this is the party that, in the mass, plotted to throw out the election results and reinstall the loser. They were fine with Trump ignoring the needs of your transition team. In other words, they're not patriots. They don't care about what our country stands for and what our traditions and democratic system require of patriots. They are unfathomably Machiavellian, and there is nothing to be gained by trying to placate them. Didn't Obama learn that?

Give him a chance. Soon it will be "it is in the name of UNITY that we erect this wooden stake, in the name of UNITY that we tie to it this enormous lump of orange blubber, and in the name of UNITY that we set it alight ... "

An eternal flame like the Simpsons tire fire.

Biden just finished swearing in and I have the greatest sense of relief.

The ceremonies have been great. Roy Blunt's comments were spot on. I even loved the prayer. And Lady Gaga's rendition of the national anthem was superbly done. I had to switch channels from MSNBC to C-Span because all the former had to talk about was who was wearing what by whom and how they thought it was simply fantastic. So, frankly, when I saw Gaga coming out the door I was thinking oy vey with the gown and glitz. But I think I've never heard a better and more inspiring performance. Nice job, and a hopeful sign for our future.

It's not over at all. No one at a top level or in control of the vast system of propaganda has been held to account or even charged. Every day more false info is propagated through the right wing media and disinformation super highway. They immediately started doing damage control and now 100% on the offense.

The ceremonies have been great. Roy Blunt's comments were spot on. I even loved the prayer. And Lady Gaga's rendition of the national anthem was superbly done. I had to switch channels from MSNBC to C-Span because all the former had to talk about was who was wearing what by whom and how they thought it was simply fantastic. So, frankly, when I saw Gaga coming out the door I was thinking oy vey with the gown and glitz. But I think I've never heard a better and more inspiring performance. Nice job, and a hopeful sign for our future.

It's not over at all. No one at a top level or in control of the vast system of propaganda has been held to account or even charged. Every day more false info is propagated through the right wing media and disinformation super highway. They immediately started doing damage control and now 100% on the offense.

I read yesterday, was looking for it today, but a group of lawyers have sued to have Giuliani's license to practice law taken away. That would be nice.

But I agree more of those who tried to de-stabilize our democracy need to be held to account. Call it treason or attempted coup or incitement to insurrection. Those acts can't go unanswered.

But I agree more of those who tried to de-stabilize our democracy need to be held to account. Call it treason or attempted coup or incitement to insurrection. Those acts can't go unanswered.

Right wing whinging:

But, but... Biden said we have to unify!

And I can finally place the word 'President' next to the last name of the politico currently elected to that office: President Biden. It was a long 4 years of refusing that little gesture... As Fuck Face von Clownstick never deserved even that little respect/recognition.

I totally understand that Biden's top priorities need to be repairing the damage done by the Trump administration. The list is long.

But that's why a president has a VP.

I watched a couple of interviews of Harris when she was still running for president. I think she's kind of a bitch. I didn't like her. But that makes her excellent for this role.

Give Biden space to be presidential and fix things, while she goes on a hunting expedition.
Tom

No no no. I mean we're re-joining the WHO. We're no longer insulting out allies. We have a President who isn't a narcissist sociopath, and who knows how to work with Congress and attracts experienced advisers. Someone who stands on principles and exemplifies normal healthy family values. I mean we've disposed of the accursed Orange Stain. It's over, and now it's hard to imagine that it ever happened. And I don't need to listen to the shit-storm coming from the wacky right, although it'll be interesting to see what Maddow spends her time on without Trump around and McConnell on the skids. Hopefully it isn't just criticizing Tucker and Hannity.

ETA - Never mind. Rachel just had a super fantastic interview with Dr. Fauci. That felt good. And it turns out there's plenty of investigating still to do about what Trump had going on post election. The Maddow Machine rolls on.

Last edited:
READ: Transcript of Amanda Gorman's inaugural poem | TheHill - "The Hill We Climb"

Thank you, California. The first time I came to work in the… | by Kamala Harris | Jan, 2021 | Medium
The first time I came to work in the United States Senate was not as a United States Senator but as an intern.

A college sophomore, I believed the Senate was a place to turn activism into action. I went to work as a summer intern for my homestate Senator, California’s Alan Cranston, in the very same office I returned to more than 30 years later.

Serving as your Senator has been an honor.

I am proud that, through it all, my office has maintained its focus, working tirelessly for the people of California.

We have taken on critical issues facing Californians and all Americans: rising rent costs, devastating hunger, unjust cash bail, economic insecurity, maternal healthcare, among others. Senators Cory Booker, Tim Scott, and I passed anti-lynching legislation through the Senate. And just last December, with Senators Mark Warner and Cory Booker, we passed legislation that will provide much-needed capital to communities of color and low-income communities during the pandemic.

From helping seniors navigate the Medicare system to helping veterans get the benefits they are owed, from securing funding for families to rebuild after the wildfires to working to get small businesses what they need to stay afloat — my team heard you, we saw you, and we fought for you. Thank you, California, for that privilege. Know that Alex Padilla will carry on this work.
 List of female United States presidential and vice-presidential candidates
Looking at the years that they ran in, they start becoming much more numerous around 1970.

Kamala Harris is the first woman to be elected Vice President. She is the third woman to be nominated by a major party; her predecessors are Sarah Palin in 2008 and Geraldine Ferraro in 1984.

Only one woman has been nominated by a major party to run for President: Hillary Clinton in 2016. She lost.

Back
Top Bottom