• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

I am told that Trump using a burner phone to avoid tracking would be a violation of the Presidential Records Act.
So I wonder … how are call logs “logged”?
Is someone responsible, like those who tape up the documents he tears up? Or is it totally automated?
We KNOW Cheato was on phone calls during that gap. Is anyone responsible for “logging” those calls? We know some of the people he was talking to; will their phone records show the number of Cheato’s burner phone? Can its purchase be traced?

Garland, do your job already.
The Attorney General of the United States (United States Attorney General?) is never going to move forward when a Federal Court judge states a former President “more likely than not” committed obstruction. That isn't the conviction certainty any AG would indict a former US President on. It has to be dead on balls, Cawthorn voters would even vote guilty, Trumps pro bono Constitutional lawyers checkmate level guilty.

This is the fragility our Democracy actually suffers from. Mueller explained all of this years ago... it is a Constitutional problem with a Constitutional Solution. The GOP obstructed that solution. You can't take a person to court where everything gets appealed to SCOTUS.

The judge didn't go over all the evidence available, but the "Crime-fraud exception" section in his ruling reads like a good start to an indictment. He didn't say the evidence was insufficient to criminally convict, and the standard he used is certainly enough to investigate. Maybe Garland is investigating this, but if so they are keeping it airtight. They are investigating 1/6, but no word on whether on Trump himself.

Jan. 6 criminal probe expands to rally planning, financing - The Washington Post.

Forget 1/6, Garland could easily prosecute Trump on obstruction, Mueller already did the work.
Mueller explained this. It is a super long drawn out contest in the Courts... or Congress just fixes it like adults real quick. Even after inciting a riot that required evacuating The Capitol, the GOP refused to act like adults. The courts are not designed to manage these sorts of cases. It'll take too long because... lawyers.

Donald Trump used an official White House phone to place at least one call during the Capitol attack on January 6 last year that should have been reflected in the internal presidential call log from that day but was not, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The former president called the phone of a Republican senator, Mike Lee, with a number recorded as 202-395-0000, a placeholder number that shows up when a call is incoming from a number of White House department phones, the sources said.

The number corresponds to an official White House phone and the call was placed by Donald Trump himself, which means the call should have been recorded in the internal presidential call log that was turned over to the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack.

"the call should have been recorded in the internal presidential call log that was turned over to the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack."

So, again I ask - who does this "turning over", who has access to create or modify call logs, and WHY ISN'T THEIR ASS UP IN FRONT OF THE 1/6 COMMITTEE?

"the call should have been recorded in the internal presidential call log that was turned over to the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack."

So, again I ask - who does this "turning over", who has access to create or modify call logs, and WHY ISN'T THEIR ASS UP IN FRONT OF THE 1/6 COMMITTEE?

The burner phone would have kept it from ever getting into the log in the first place. Don't blame the log keepers. (Although I would blame them on aiding and abetting with the reports of document destruction.)

The burner phone would have kept it from ever getting into the log in the first place. Don't blame the log keepers. (Although I would blame them on aiding and abetting with the reports of document destruction.)
They should have the logs of the phones of the people they know Cheato talked to curing the Big Gap.

NEWSFLASH!!
Turns out it's all a hoax. Great news for trumpsuckers!

Media’s ‘7-hour gap’ story in White House newspapers turns out to be a hoax: CNN

CNN Breaking: The 6 pages of WH switchboard logs for 1/6 are complete based on an official review of White House records, according to a source familiar with the matter. There are no missing pages & the 7 hour gap is likely explained by use of WH landlines & cell phones

That's really good news, as one might expect from goodwordnews.com
Apparently cell calls, land line calls... all exempt from being logged. The only calls that are logged are the ones made from the phone with the blinking red light that is connected to ... (I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you)
Here's what CNN actually sez
I guess that proves CNN is only into delivering bad news, and they're trying to bury this good news about the Trump Junta's innocence.

Former President Donald Trump said he wished he could have joined his supporters in marching on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

“Secret Service said I couldn’t go,” Trump told The Washington Post during an interview at his Mar-a-Lago club. “I would have gone there in a minute.”
He also blamed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser, both Democrats, for not doing enough to stop the violence that ensued.

“I thought it was a shame, and I kept asking why isn’t she doing something about it?” Trump said. “Why isn’t Nancy Pelosi doing something about it? And the mayor of D.C. also. The mayor of D.C. and Nancy Pelosi are in charge.”

“I hated seeing it. And I said, ‘It’s got to be taken care of,’ and I assumed they were taking care of it,” he added.
Trump stirred his supporters at a Jan. 6 rally with his lies about election fraud, then said he’d join them marching down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol. Instead, he returned to the White House and watched the riot on TV. For hours, he ignored repeated pleas from aides and top lawmakers to issue a statement that might halt the violence.
Lying sack should eat a bag of dicks.

Pence came very close to being evacuated from the capitol by the secret Service. Shitstick had appointed one of his loyalists and it appears that said person wanted Pence gone. But Pence refused. What would have happened had Pence left? Pence sucks Trump's balls but this time he did his job and certified the election. Scary shit.

Pence came very close to being evacuated from the capitol by the secret Service. Shitstick had appointed one of his loyalists and it appears that said person wanted Pence gone. But Pence refused. What would have happened had Pence left? Pence sucks Trump's balls but this time he did his job and certified the election. Scary shit.
Pence actually refused to get into the car the White House sent to pick him up. Wonder what he was so afraid of.

Pence actually refused to get into the car the White House sent to pick him up. Wonder what he was so afraid of.
Sarcasm?

The Secret Service wanted to move Pence away from the capitol which would have been a victory for the Orange's neo-fascist mob and could have possibly allowed the coup to happen, stealing the election from Biden. The third request to leave from the Secret Service had Pence in a loading dock area which is where he refused to get in the Secret Service car. That's chilling.

Pence refused to leave the capitol because that would have meant the coup had succeeded, a sentiment echoed by other persons at the capitol that day. Orange's crony in charge that day definitely wanted Pence gone from the capitol.

New details about Pence and 1/6 secret service

The people he thought liked him wanted to hang him and the people who hated him wanted to watch. I mean, if Putin ever feels a little depressed about current affairs, he can always cheer himself up by reminding himself he isn't Mike Pence.

This Reuters page links to a number of articles describing how Trumpists intimidate minor election officials, making death threats, forcing confessions. Some election workers have gone into hiding.

One linked article mentions that the OAN "news" network might not even exist without financial help from AT&T. It wasn't that AT&T executives worshiped Trump: They worshiped the Almighty Dollar and a strong channel broadcasting right-wing lies would be good for AT&T revenue.

That page was recommended by another Reuters story showing that many American police trainers are hateful right-wing bigots.

Reuters is an international news organization headquartered in London. It's rather pathetic that the best news sources are based outside the U.S.A. We've got the largest economy, the largest military, the largest nuclear arsenal, etc. etc. but mostly get our news from incompetents like Fox and CNN.

This Reuters page links to a number of articles describing how Trumpists intimidate minor election officials, making death threats, forcing confessions. Some election workers have gone into hiding.

One linked article mentions that the OAN "news" network might not even exist without financial help from AT&T. It wasn't that AT&T executives worshiped Trump: They worshiped the Almighty Dollar and a strong channel broadcasting right-wing lies would be good for AT&T revenue.

That page was recommended by another Reuters story showing that many American police trainers are hateful right-wing bigots.

Reuters is an international news organization headquartered in London. It's rather pathetic that the best news sources are based outside the U.S.A. We've got the largest economy, the largest military, the largest nuclear arsenal, etc. etc. but mostly get our news from incompetents like Fox and CNN.
Most isn't a relevant metric for evaluation. Objective is one that needs refining when talking nations and news in the same sentence. Reuters insulation from American politics and interpretations suggests one dimension which can be used to determine both coherence and validity of information.

No thinking person would ever consider either FOX or CNN as an American exemplar or observation of information validity in spite of their popularity given those who use them.

Miami Herald and NY Times leap to mind as two sources that do as do both NBC and CNBS news.

Obviously since most reporting comes from feeder services like AP and UP, including information from Reuters we should be looking beyond advertising revenues for sources for justifications.

Jan. 6 panel issues subpoenas to five GOP lawmakers | The Hill

Reps. Kevin McCarthy R-CA, Scott Perry R-PA, Jim Jordan R-OH, Andy Biggs R-AZ, Mo Brooks R-AL.
Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), the chairman of the Jan. 6 panel, said the committee decided to issue subpoenas after the GOP lawmakers refused the opportunity to speak with the lawmakers voluntarily.

“The Select Committee has learned that several of our colleagues have information relevant to our investigation into the attack on January 6th and the events leading up to it. Before we hold our hearings next month, we wished to provide members the opportunity to discuss these matters with the committee voluntarily. Regrettably, the individuals receiving subpoenas today have refused and we’re forced to take this step to help ensure the committee uncovers facts concerning January 6th,” Thompson said in a statement.

“We urge our colleagues to comply with the law, do their patriotic duty, and cooperate with our investigation as hundreds of other witnesses have done,” he added.
In response, they huffed and puffed about how the Jan 6 Commission was illegitimate, so it is not very clear whether any of them would comply.

This sounds a bit damning.
article (my emphasis) said:
The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol collected testimony that then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows remarked to others that then-President Donald Trump indicated his support for hanging Vice President Mike Pence after rioters who stormed the Capitol on that day started chanting “Hang Mike Pence!”

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to Meadows, was asked by the committee about the account and confirmed it, according to two people familiar with the investigation.
As a side note, this is Mark Meadows and one of his staffers. So we are talking about as close to Trump as it got that day.

Regardless, Trump is still the front-runner for the GOP nomination though, because being for the hanging of your sitting Vice President is... it's just politics.

As the House committee investigating the attack on the US Capitol by extremist supporters of Donald Trump prepares to start public hearings next week, the former president called the insurrection on January 6, 2021, a hoax.

Trump spoke at a rally in Wyoming on Saturday night in support of the Republican primary challenger in the midterm elections to congresswoman Liz Cheney. Cheney sits on the committee and has been vilified by Trump since she voted in favor of his historic second impeachment over the insurrection.

Addressing the sub-capacity crowd at a rally in Casper for Republican candidate Harriet Hageman, Trump slammed Cheney, saying: “As one of the nation’s leading proponents of the insurrection hoax, Liz Cheney has pushed a grotesquely false, fabricated, hysterical partisan narrative.”

The process of investigating the attempted Coup is so glacial. These people will have moved on from old age before being held legally liable for their attempted Coup. Fake Electors told to keep things secret.

article said:
“I must ask for your complete discretion in this process,” wrote Robert Sinners, the campaign’s election operations director for Georgia, the day before the 16 Republicans gathered at the Georgia Capitol to sign certificates declaring themselves duly elected. “Your duties are imperative to ensure the end result — a win in Georgia for President Trump — but will be hampered unless we have complete secrecy and discretion.”

The Dec. 13, 2020, email went on to instruct the electors to tell security guards at the building that they had an appointment with one of two state senators. “Please, at no point should you mention anything to do with Presidential Electors or speak to the media,” Sinners continued in bold.

The trouble we have here is that there were pieces scattered during the post Election period. But it seems so terribly unlikely that several states managed to create fake electors (who were committing crimes being being fake electors) and the House and Senate having people that had roles in questioning the veracity of the election in those states. This was a coordinated attempt to overthrow a Federal Election. It is unprecedented and scandalous... and yet... it feels like an asterisk. Granted, generally red states are in charge of investigating red hats that were trying to overthrow the election.

The conspiracy goes from the POTUS to local electors. The scope is insane large and while Trump was very public with his disgust, even committing election crimes in demanding State Legislatures and SoS's change election results, there was a more coordinated secret effort to provide the required infrastructure to force the Presidential election to a House Vote.

Back
Top Bottom