• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

Youtube January 6 Hearings Live starts in an hour. Probably some introductory ceremonial preliminaries before the real action. Listen for the word conspiracy. We will probably hear the word timeline a lot also. And tonight, tacos to accompany the heaarins.

We need a drinking game for tonight. Suggestions?

Not for the hearings themselves but the reaction from right wing pundits. Guess which H they are going to use to deflect or distort. Will they say "Whatabout Hillary's (insert here)?" or "Whatabout Hunter's laptop?". Every time you guess correctly, take a shot.

We need a drinking game for tonight. Suggestions?

Not for the hearings themselves but the reaction from right wing pundits. Guess which H they are going to use to deflect or distort. Will they say "Whatabout Hillary's (insert here)?" or "Whatabout Hunter's laptop?". Every time you guess correctly, take a shot.
That carries a severe ricsk of alcohol poisoning.

That carries a severe ricsk of alcohol poisoning.
Not really. They'll do one or the other. You've gotta guess which one. 50/50. Perhaps I should have added the clause what will right wing pundits distort with first, as clearly all pundits will bleat both on a long enough rant.

But, yeah. I'd still call in sick tomorrow.

Well, that's quite a bombshell, that several congress critters asked Trump for pardons.

i'm struck by the extent to which they would have nuked DC unto glass if that many angry screaming black folks had behaved as seen in that video.

it's remarkable when you're starkly reminded what white people can get away with.

I'm imagining what the 9/11 hearings would have been like if there was a documentary crew following around Mohammed Atta and his fellow hijackers, and there were social media videos of them saying "just wait until you see what's gonna happen in New York." Then a President saying "Al Qaeda...stand back and stand by."

They did a good job of fanning this out from The Orange Turd. They made no bones about Lord Foul the Most Odious being the anchor point.

Next hearing is scheduled for Monday at 1000.

So not everything is coming out. The Justice Dept has more. When oh when will the indictments come? I want justice served. And before that national embarrassment dies of old age or is reelected.

Also in the rumor mill, Fox News is considering not covering the committee's hearings, unlike every other US news network. Instead, its usual programming will run, like Tucker Carlson's show.
Don't worry. While Fox News won't be covering the hearings, their pundits will definitely be involved.
Fun fact: Fox News went commercial free with counter-programming from the start of the hearing until long after it was over. Tucker Carlson, Hannity, and half of the Ingraham show were devoid of revenue-generating commercials.

Apparently Fox loves Trump more than money.

Surprised nobody has started this thread yet.
For me, the most interesting aspect was the revelation of the stark divide among the junta, and the evidence that everyone knew Trump's whole schtick was a lie.
I doubt that anyone to the right of Liz Cheney tuned in, which is a shame. The FOX distraction machine is working so hard I expect it to overheat at any moment.
Was anyone else here watching?

I learned that Fox didn't just decline to carry the hearings on their main channel. They chose to run their prime time opinion shows (Tucker, Sean, and part of Laura) commercial free.

The execs at Fox apparently felt that counter-programming the hearing was so important that they would forgo making money from their broadcast.

1654869261419.png

Odd, I thought she did. Bob Barr provided Trump with an unethically large amount of cover and Trump is complaining about Barr. Trump is an idiot. I mean, yes I know, that is like ending a sentence, "The sky is blue."

Also in the rumor mill, Fox News is considering not covering the committee's hearings, unlike every other US news network. Instead, its usual programming will run, like Tucker Carlson's show.
Don't worry. While Fox News won't be covering the hearings, their pundits will definitely be involved.
Fun fact: Fox News went commercial free with counter-programming from the start of the hearing until long after it was over. Tucker Carlson, Hannity, and half of the Ingraham show were devoid of revenue-generating commercials.

Apparently Fox loves Trump more than money.
Wondering if that should be considered a campaign contribution.

The images moved me. The speakers were eloquent and to the point. Professional with conclusions based n evidence If it were a court of law Taump would be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

It is not going to be enough for the republicans to grow a spine and a conscience, and to back up waving the flag with real patriotism..

In the long run this may spell the downfall of America.

I listed to a former homeland security officer say the tinings that they watched domestically were evident form the start of theTrump presidency was obvious. They track things like hate speech, hate crimes. and right wind extremists.

She said it became evident after a while it was building to something big. It fell o deaf ears.

When the riots happened I thought it was very predicable if you undertood the consevatve undercurrents. Hannity and Limbaugh as rabble rousers. It began with Obama IMO.

It is only the first meeting, but Trump clearly comes accros as a Mussolini/Hitler wanna be.

Rioters shout hang Pence and Trump says maybe they should. I still can't get my head around a president saying that. He is mentally ill.

Republicans seem to be in denial that Trump is loyal to no one. If he had managed a coup his first order of baseness woudl be to sppress any and all thetas to power. He is doing it even as ex president, cowing republicans into submission.

Back
Top Bottom