• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

Lindsey Graham just said “count me out” With regards to the objections. Enough is enough. Right on.

Well good. Now both sides know they can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Someone just said twitter is taking down pumpkin pie's tweets. Don't know if it's true or not.

Someone just said twitter is taking down pumpkin pie's tweets. Don't know if it's true or not.

They totally blocked some from this afternoon, and locked his account for 12 hours.
If he does not remove the offending tweets, they'll continue to lock his account.
I hear facebook locked his account, too.

Lindsey Graham just said “count me out” With regards to the objections. Enough is enough. Right on.
Okay, so... the tipping point is the possible murder of Congress. I'll make a note of that for the future.

Enough isn't enough unless Graham thinks he could die.

Qarens first blamed MSM for the insurrection for not reporting election fraud.

Qarens are now blaming Antifa. "It was all Antifa who arrived in a bus."

Took a quick look at Freep. Those people are insane!

'It was a peaceful protest'
'It is gaslighting to hurt Trump'
'What violence?'

A friend of mine who has Trumpie friends on Facebook tells me that they've already accomodated their postings on what's going on. I should've guessed, but I didn't. The line is, "How is this different that Black Lives Matter getting mad and rioting?" I expect we'll hear a ton of this.

I am not a Trumpie, and I condemn the DC riots, but I've been warning against this since the original #BLM riots and "uprisings" in 2014. When you defend rioting, you lose moral authority to condemn rioting when the other side does it.

The outrage isn't about rioting. It's about trying to overthrow the government. Oh, and the fact that the President is attempting to usurp our democracy. Just the fact that all the major networks have devoted the entire day without any commercials at all makes it clear that there's more at stake in this case.

ETA - I must say, I'm most impressed with FoxNews for how unvarnished their coverage has been. The most disturbing and relentless reporting on Trump's goading of his followers to violence while condemning Pence and anyone else who turns against him is alarming. Much more than so MSNBC or ABC. Even loyalist Brit Hume had nothing good to say. OK, scrub that. Now he's claiming that leftist extremists have infiltrated the rioters ("this is not to excuse any of them").:rolleyes: So it might just be the case that they want to get out ahead of the news so they can pull a Crazy Ivan.

[TWEET][FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1347023890959228933?s=20[/FONT][/TWEET]

Have these people never met Trump?

[TWEET][FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1347023890959228933?s=20[/FONT][/TWEET]

My thoughts exactly. How is it possible that anyone would be surprised?

I hope this guy is wrong:

Lots of great essays going back to the 90s about fascism/authoritarianism forming in the USA.

www.bidstrup.com

He wrote a year ago almost to the day that Trump has something planned:

So you stand warned of the fate that awaits you. It's not just me. It's not just Robert Paxton and Martin Lee and Ruth Ben-Ghiat. It's also other scholars who have also studied the history of fascist movements and the governments they had controlled. It's no longer possible to avoid a full-blown fascist authoritarian autocracy in the United States. My advice to you now - if you value liberal democracy - is to get out now, while you can.

A full-blown paper Berlin Wall has been carefully created, over a number of years (beginning with Obama), which can be erected overnight with nothing more than an executive order. And it will be erected, sooner rather than later. When it goes up, it will be too late. You'll wish you'd listened, just like the Jews in Germany, who, on July 15, 1933, discovered to their horror that they were no longer able to leave Germany at will. I don't need to tell you what happened afterwards. And the same can, and likely will happen to Americans unwilling to swear their fealty to Our New Dear And Glorious Leader, Donald J. Trump.

Scott Bidstrup, Tobosi de El Guarco, Costa Rica, January 15, 2020

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1347023890959228933?s=20[/TWEET]

The question wasn't whether he'd enjoy it, but whether he'd let people know he enjoyed it.

I hope this guy is wrong:

Lots of great essays going back to the 90s about fascism/authoritarianism forming in the USA.

www.bidstrup.com

He wrote a year ago almost to the day that Trump has something planned:

So you stand warned of the fate that awaits you. It's not just me. It's not just Robert Paxton and Martin Lee and Ruth Ben-Ghiat. It's also other scholars who have also studied the history of fascist movements and the governments they had controlled. It's no longer possible to avoid a full-blown fascist authoritarian autocracy in the United States. My advice to you now - if you value liberal democracy - is to get out now, while you can.

A full-blown paper Berlin Wall has been carefully created, over a number of years (beginning with Obama), which can be erected overnight with nothing more than an executive order. And it will be erected, sooner rather than later. When it goes up, it will be too late. You'll wish you'd listened, just like the Jews in Germany, who, on July 15, 1933, discovered to their horror that they were no longer able to leave Germany at will. I don't need to tell you what happened afterwards. And the same can, and likely will happen to Americans unwilling to swear their fealty to Our New Dear And Glorious Leader, Donald J. Trump.

Scott Bidstrup, Tobosi de El Guarco, Costa Rica, January 15, 2020

Scary indeed. In the end though, the coup will fail. At least for now. He doesn’t have the support required to make it a reality. The Senate Republicans have just told him no. The military has said no, and so has his own Supreme Court. Even his cabinet will not support him. He needs support to get his vision accomplished and it’s just not there. But the next two weeks could be bumpy.

Back
Top Bottom