• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

Because I read their shit just like I've been reading #blm shit during their riots.

And while numerous people are pointing out the differences in detail, you still cling to your prejudices.

It's as if "might is right" is so deeply embedded in your mind that you have no way of seeing any other possibilities.

By the way, Derec, do you smoke weed? If not, I would encourage you to start. I think it could really help disengage your sympathetic nervous system that right right wing fear mongering has hijacked and to engage your parasympathetic system. Maybe your sense of empathy and willingness to hold power accountable will return.

One of the rioters. Now pronounced dead. What was it Trump said? When the looting starts the shooting starts. Fuck her.

I agree. But do you also say that when leftist rioters get shot? Or is it special pleading?

I think it may be special pleading reserved for traitors and terrorists.

Yup! These people aren’t just protesting. They aren’t just breaking the law. They are deliberately trying to destroy our Constitution.

... both of these are using violence to push one's politics and both are wrong...

A violent insurrection is right if it were a pro-democracy rebellion against a dictatorship. But what's happening here with the Trumpers is more the opposite of that.

The false equivalency to BLM is just you trying to hitch your hobby horse to whatever bad thing is at hand. 'The Trumpers trying to start another civil war are wrong, but damn those black people that got so uppity and pissed them off!'

Loeffler just withdrew her objections.

That was sweet to hear. The "objectors" are trying to save face but bowing to pressure and decency. Trump is losing his last public backers. Time to remove that piece of shit.

Rudy Giuliani's speech today crying for "trial by combat".

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/6ci0Ir34YUI[/YOUTUBE]

Trump tells his mob the election was stolen, but to go home.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346928882595885058[/TWEET]

Impeach him just for this video alone.

Twitter has deleted this tweet and another where he wrote basically the same thing, whining about his stolen landslide election victory.

... both of these are using violence to push one's politics and both are wrong...

A violent insurrection is right if it were a pro-democracy rebellion against a dictatorship. But what's happening here with the Trumpers is more the opposite of that.

The false equivalency to BLM is just you trying to hitch your hobby horse to whatever bad thing is at hand. 'The Trumpers trying to start another civil war are wrong, but damn those black people that got so uppity and pissed them off!'

Amen. Today’s actions were not simply illegal. They went beyond that. BLM didn’t storm our congress and try to stop them from doing their constitutional duty. They may have violated the law. So was John Lewis though when he dared to cross a bridge in my fair state. What happened today was a violent attempted coup d’etat. I’m still not sure it has failed. It was one egged on by the most fucked up President ever. He encouraged it. He wanted it. He asked for it. No question about it. This is not just some illegal action.

Because you are a leftist extremist you do not realize that both of these are using violence to push one's politics and both are wrong.

I agree with the motivation for the BLM protests, but not necessarily the means (actions of violence and destruction.)

I agree with neither the motivation for the Capitol Hill protests nor the means.

So to my mind they aren't both the same.

ABC News on Twitter: "BREAKING: Statement from former Pres. George W. Bush: "This is how election results are disputed in a banana republic—not our democratic republic." (links)" / Twitter
STATEMENT BY
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH
ON INSURRECTION AT THE CAPITOL

Laura and are watching the scenes of mayhem unfolding at the seat of our Nation's government in disbelief and dismay. It is a sickening and heartbreaking sight. This is how election results are disputed in a banana republic - not our democratic republic. I am appalled by the reckless behavior of some political leaders since the election and by the lack of respect shown today for our institutions, our traditions, and our law enforcement. The violent assault on the Capitol - and disruption of a Constitutionally-mandated meeting of Congress - was undertaken by people whose passions have been inflamed by falsehoods and false hopes. Insurrection could do grave damage to our Nation and reputation. In the United States of America, is the fundamental responsibility of every patriotic citizen to support the rule of law. To those who are disappointed in the results of the election: (country is more important than the politics of the moment. Let the officials elected by the people fulfill their duties and represent our voices in peace and safety. May God continue to bless the United States of America.

ABC News on Twitter: "BREAKING: Former Pres. George W. Bush: "I am appalled by the reckless behavior of some political leaders since the election and by the lack of respect shown today for our institutions, our traditions, and our law enforcement." (links)" / Twitter

Lindsey Graham just said “count me out” With regards to the objections. Enough is enough. Right on.

Back
Top Bottom