• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

How members of Congress are dealing with the trauma of the Capitol attack. - "Jan. 6 was a terrifying day for members of Congress. Weeks later, they are dealing with the trauma."
Frankel would spend five hours that day barricaded in a room alone with Rep. Grace Meng, D–New York, while mobs of rioters searched the building for legislators. When the lockdown alert came, the two women were in an empty lounge together. They shoved furniture against the door and waited. From inside the room, they heard chanting, yelling, and stomping as the rioters streamed right past the lounge. They texted their family members and staff. Frankel gave a live interview to a West Palm Beach, Florida, NBC affiliate, her voice lowered to just above a whisper.
Barricaded U.S. Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Florida, calls breach of U.S. Capitol 'out of control' - the room's door was barricaded with furniture
or days after the ordeal, Frankel continued her work while battling extreme exhaustion, as her body and mind recovered from the stress of being trapped in a room with violent agitators outside. When we talked eight days after the attack, Frankel said it was the first day since the riot she hadn’t felt “totally wiped out.”
AOC also felt very tired, and she slept a lot. She says that rest is not laziness.
Meng has noticed that she now feels “nervous” when she hears people she can’t see making loud noises outside the room she’s in. She’s also gotten calls from fellow members of Congress and their staffers, some of whom she barely knows, to check in on her after hearing what she’d gone through. “And I said, ‘I’m fine, I’m good now,’ ” Meng said. “And then they would just break down and cry, or they would just say to me, ‘I’m not OK.’ And some of these are grown men.”

... But it’s not often that the victims of a terror attack are directly responsible for the nation’s response to it, and the members of Congress I spoke to all talked about how difficult it’s been to work through what they experienced. People were killed in their workplace. Some lawmakers and staff members were holed up alone in their offices, or hid under tables in darkened rooms, while rioters raged outside their doors. Others heard gunfire and made phone calls to family members, believing that those conversations might be their last. Legislators will continue to do their jobs, but their recovery process is just beginning.
Sara Jacobs, D-CA
“We could hear the mob behind us. We heard gunshots,” Jacobs said. “I remember thinking to myself that I don’t even know how to get out of the gallery in the best of times. It’s my fourth day—how am I going to evacuate?” She had a fleeting, morbid thought that maybe, if members of Congress were killed, “people would finally recognize the depth and danger of white supremacy in this country.” Before she ran for Congress, Jacobs, 32, did stints at the United Nations and the State Department, where she specialized in conflict areas and post-coup settings. In the gallery, as she waited to see if she’d be able to escape, “I was thinking of articles I could send my team of how other countries were able to recover and rebuild from similar incidents, and what I wanted my final message to the country to be,” Jacobs said.

Instead of returning to California for the weekend after the riot, Jacobs stayed in D.C., in part to give herself time to process the attack. She’s talked to her therapist and says she’s feeling “resilient,” but has been experiencing more anxiety than usual, including “a couple moments of really, I would say, feeling the magnitude of what we’re going through.”

Rep. Jason Crow, D-CO, was an Army Ranger who had done duty in Afghanistan and Iraq, and he agrees that it was like a combat situation that day.
Since the siege, Crow has been vocal about this comparison. After a photo of him clutching the hand of Rep. Susan Wild, D-Pennsylvania, on the balcony floor made the rounds, Crow gave several interviews about going “into Ranger mode” in that moment of crisis. For Crow, that meant preparing for the possibility of having to fight off the rioters. He told me he double-checked the locks on the doors in the gallery and readied a pen as a makeshift weapon. He also considered asking one of the Capitol Police officers in the gallery to lend him a firearm—“You never know who’s capable of pulling the trigger until you’re put in that position … and I know that I am capable of doing that if necessary,” he said—but decided against it.
Some Congresspeople stayed away to self-quarantine, but others did return.
Those who were, though, were subjected to what was described to me as a kind of secondary trauma, as several Republican colleagues bypassed metal detectors, aggressively confronted law enforcement officers, and asserted their intentions to remain armed with deadly weapons in the workplace. The day after the inauguration, Rep. Andy Harris, R-Maryland, made an ostentatious attempt to bring a gun onto the House floor, taking the GOP preoccupation with triggering the libs to its most literal extreme. Rep. Nancy Mace, R–South Carolina, has said that she plans to bring a firearm to work because she felt “like a sitting duck” during the riot, and the only reason she wasn’t carrying that day was because her concealed-carry permit hadn’t yet come through.

“The scariest part is that there are likely colleagues of ours who were helping the very people who were trying to take our lives,” Jacobs said. “It is hard to know who you can trust.”
Like Lauren Boebert.

The GOP’s impeachment defense shows that the party always thinks it’s the victim. - "The defense is always the same. The effect is infuriating."

This from people who never tire of telling us how wrong it is to consider oneself a victim. According to what they tell others, they refuse to take responsibility for their actions.
Now, anyone who watched her speak would understand that Ocasio-Cortez wasn’t seeking justice for a sexual assault that happened in the past; she was simply testifying to the malignant effect of Republican gaslighting over a Capitol siege that ended in five deaths, dozens of injuries, massive property damage, and deadly serious plans to harm and kill elected officials. She was giving much-needed voice to those officials, most of whom have yet to provide blow-by-blow public testimony of the trauma they themselves endured and the ways in which they are forced to live within that trauma as they are lectured that the patriotic thing to do is “move on.” Congressional aides have now added to that horrifying narrative.

... It is astounding, in some sense, that Republicans, the party of the victim’s rights movement, and victim impact statements, and specific, ends-driven victimology, is always so quick to trash victims that don’t tell the stories they want to hear.
AOC’s sexual assault revelation isn’t the story. - "The congresswoman went on Instagram Live to talk about the Jan. 6 attack. The news focused on an aside."
She also made a compelling comparison between the way abusers treat their victims and the way her Republican colleagues have responded to the events of Jan. 6. “These people are just trying to tell us, ‘It’s not a big deal,’ and they’re trying to say, ‘You’re making too big a deal over it,’ ” Ocasio-Cortez said of her Republican colleagues trying to minimize what happened. “These are tactics of abusers, or rather, these are the tactics that abusers use. So when I see this happen, how I feel, and how I felt, was not again.”

Off the rails: Inside the craziest meeting of the Trump presidency - Axios
In this bonus edition, we take you back into those final weeks — to one long, unhinged night a week before Christmas, when an epic, profanity-soaked standoff played out with profound implications for the nation.

The hours to come would pit the insurgent conspiracists against a handful of White House lawyers and advisers determined to keep the president from giving in to temptation to invoke emergency national security powers, seize voting machines and disable the primary levers of American democracy.
We dodged a bullet there. We came very close to now Ex-President Trump claiming emergency powers and imposing martial law.
Trump was no longer focused on any semblance of a governing agenda, instead spending his days taking phone calls and meetings from anyone armed with conspiracy theories about the election. For the White House staff, it was an unending sea of garbage churned up by the bottom feeders.
Jonathan Swan also reported this for Axios: GOP ignored its early fears about Marjorie Taylor Greene - Axios

Pelosi announces new protections for members of Congress - Axios
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced in a letter to her Democratic colleagues on Tuesday heightened security measures for congressional members traveling to and from the District of Columbia.

The big picture: Pelosi said U.S. Capitol Police will be stationed at Baltimore/Washington International, Dulles International Airport, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Union Station for additional security.

Ana Navarro-Cárdenas on Twitter: "Current drama in Republican Party is about far more than Liz Cheney and Marjorie Loca Greene.

It is about whether Republicans are an actual political party, or just a cult of brain-washed loons, deplorables and cowards beholden to Trump and his grifters.

That is the question." / Twitter

Rep. Porter on Marjorie Taylor Greene: Republicans need to ‘stand up and do what is right’
Sen. McConnell called Marjorie Taylor Greene’s lies and conspiracy theories a “cancer on the Republican Party.” Rep. Katie Porter tells Lawrence O’Donnell that she is calling on more Republicans to condemn Greene’s harmful rhetoric because Democrats want to work with a Republican Party “that we can trust to be truthful, that we can trust to stand up. We need that, especially in the wake of Donald Trump’s presidency.”

Brian Sicknick: Bidens pay their respects to Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick as officer lies in honor at Capitol - CNNPolitics

McCarthy plots a big move - POLITICO about House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and what to do about MTG and Liz Cheney

Greene's future on House committees in limbo after GOP meeting | TheHill
The House Republican Steering Committee on Tuesday night did not reach a decision on whether Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) will retain her committee assignments, two GOP sources familiar with the talks said.

Gulf grows between GOP's McConnell, McCarthy | TheHill
In the span of an hour, McConnell issued two separate statements, one condemning the “loony” conspiracy theories of first-term Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), a follower of the pro-Trump QAnon movement; the other praising Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) as she faces backlash from former President Trump loyalists after her vote to impeach the 45th president.

McCarthy announces no disciplinary actions against Greene | TheHill
In the statement, McCarthy condemned her incendiary remarks, but offered no disciplinary actions.

“Past comments from and endorsed by Marjorie Taylor Greene on school shootings, political violence, and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories do not represent the values or beliefs of the House Republican Conference," the statement read. "I condemn those comments unequivocally. I condemned them in the past. I continue to condemn them today. This House condemned QAnon last Congress and continues to do so today.”
Democrats look to make Marjorie Taylor Greene the face of GOP | TheHill
Yet Democrats think the controversies surrounding Greene and a few other Republicans, from fellow first-term Rep. Lauren Boebert (Colo.) to Arizona firebrand Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.) and Paul Gosar (Ariz.), could make the GOP toxic with the suburban voters who increasingly have turned away from Republicans in the Trump era.

Greene has stood out with social media posts and interviews promoting the QAnon conspiracy theory, questioning whether the Sandy Hook and Las Vegas mass shootings were false flag operations and promoting violence against Democratic public officials.

But then this happened.
Greene apologizes to GOP colleagues — and gets standing ovation | TheHill
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) apologized for her past controversial remarks and embrace of the QAnon conspiracy theory during a heated closed-door House GOP conference meeting — and received a standing ovation at one point from a number of her colleagues.

Greene told her colleagues that she made a mistake by being curious about “Q” and said she told her children she learned a lesson about what to put on social media, according to two sources in the room.

She also denied that she knew what Jewish space lasers were and defended her comments that past school shootings were staged by stating that she had personal experience with a school shooting.
Let's see if she's serious enough about that apology to state it in full public view, and if she is willing to apologize in person to her targets.

She also denied that she knew what Jewish space lasers were and defended her comments that past school shootings were staged by stating that she had personal experience with a school shooting.
Let's see if she's serious enough about that apology to state it in full public view, and if she is willing to apologize in person to her targets.

That's not an apology anyway.

House to vote Thursday to drop Greene from all committees | TheHill

McCarthy announces no disciplinary actions against Greene | TheHill

Military can't continue as breeding ground for racism and white supremacy - "I’m one of millions of veterans who have watched this catastrophe in horror, as a fraction of cowards in our ranks act on a violent, racist ideology."
Military veterans account for 7% of the adult population of the United States, according to a report released by the U.S. Census Bureau last year. NPR looked into the backgrounds of those charged so far in the violent Capitol attack last month by supporters of then-President Donald Trump and found that nearly 20% are veterans — meaning those who have served in the military were nearly three times more likely than non-veterans to have been involved, despite having taken an oath to defend the Constitution.

This is nothing new. White supremacy and white nationalism have been festering in our armed forces for a long time, and unless we address this problem head-on, it’s only going to get worse.
Police forces may also be a problem here.

Capitol Riot Puts Spotlight on ‘Apocalyptically Minded’ Global Far Right - The New York Times -- "Leaderless but united by racist ideology that has been supercharged by social media, extremists have built a web of real and online connections that worries officials."
When insurrectionists stormed the Capitol in Washington this month, far-right extremists across the Atlantic cheered. Jürgen Elsässer, the editor of Germany’s most prominent far-right magazine, was watching live from his couch.

“We were following it like a soccer match,” he said.

Four months earlier, Mr. Elsässer had attended a march in Berlin, where a breakaway mob of far-right protesters tried — and failed — to force their way into the building that houses Germany’s Parliament. The parallel was not lost on him.

“The fact that they actually made it inside raised hopes that there is a plan,” he said. “It was clear that this was something bigger.”

In chatter on their online networks, many disavowed the storming of the Capitol as amateurish bungling. Some echoed falsehoods emanating from QAnon-affiliated channels in the United States claiming that the riot had been staged by the left to justify a clampdown on supporters of President Donald J. Trump. But many others saw it as a teaching moment — about how to move forward and pursue their goal of overturning democratic governments in more concerted and concrete ways.
Amateurish bungling? I'm inclined to agree. Most of the mob that got into the Capitol didn't seem to do much more than that.
“Far-right extremists, corona skeptics and neo-Nazis are feeling restless,” said Stephan Kramer, the head of domestic intelligence for the eastern German state of Thuringia. There is a dangerous mix of elation that the rioters made it as far as they did and frustration that it didn’t lead to a civil war or coup, he said.

Sometimes they inspire one another to kill.

The hate-filled manifestos of Anders Breivik, who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011, and Dylann Roof, an American white supremacist who killed nine Black parishioners in South Carolina four years later, influenced Brenton Harrison Tarrant, who in 2019 live-streamed his murder of over 50 Muslims in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Mr. Tarrant’s manifesto, titled “The Great Replacement,” in turn inspired Patrick Crusius, who killed 22 people in El Paso, as well as a Norwegian gunman who was overpowered as he tried to shoot people at a mosque in Oslo.

Many far-right extremists immediately interpreted Jan. 6 as both a symbolic victory and a strategic defeat that they need to learn from.
It's evident that far-right activists and militants keep in touch with each other and exchange ideas with each other.
Yet experts remain skeptical of the potential to forge more durable trans-Atlantic relations among far-right groups. Almost all such attempts since World War II have failed, said Anton Shekhovtsov, an expert on the European far right at the University of Vienna.

Most recently, Stephen K. Bannon, the architect of Mr. Trump’s successful 2016 presidential bid, toured Europe several years ago trying to knit together populist nationalist parties like Marine Le Pen’s National Rally in France and Alternative for Germany.

“It was a fiasco,” Mr. Shekhovtsov said.

There’s even division among far-right followers about whether such alliances are valuable or viable. For many, the idea of an international nationalist movement is an oxymoron.

Republicans rally to keep Cheney in power | TheHill
The establishment wing of the GOP won a rare and dramatic victory Wednesday night when Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) beat back an attempt by Donald Trump’s staunchest allies to knock her from power as retribution for voting to impeach the former president just three weeks earlier.

The 145-61 vote in favor of keeping Cheney in leadership, conducted by secret ballot, followed a marathon closed-door “family discussion” in the basement of the Capitol Visitor Center, where dozens of House Republicans lined up to voice their frustrations with the Wyoming representative, the most powerful GOP woman in Congress, and called for her removal as conference chair, a role that entails leading the party’s messaging efforts.
She had a powerful ally: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-CA.

Also House Republicans To Keep Rep. Liz Cheney In Leadership Position : NPR

145 to 61 is a pretty good slap in the face to the Rs who are now Qs, showing them clearly that they are in the minority. That right wing lack of conscience is only as bold as it feels it is socially dominant. They are submissive cowards when it's clear to them that they are outnumbered.

AOC Says She Is a Survivor of Sexual Assault
“When we go through trauma, trauma compounds on each other,” she continued. “And so whether you had a neglectful parent, or whether you had someone who was verbally abusive to you, whether you are a survivor of abuse — whether you experience any sort of trauma in your life small to large, these episodes can compound on one another.”

Though this is the first time Ocasio-Cortez has publicly referenced her own experience with sexual assault, she has repeatedly used her congressional platform to stand up against abuse. During Trump’s State of the Union address in February 2019, she selected Ana Maria Archila — one of the women who confronted Senator Jeff Flake in an elevator during then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings — as her guest, with the hope that Archila’s presence would serve as a reminder to all survivors that they “will not be silenced, diminished, or forgotten.”
Also, her vs. Rep. Ted Yoho.

Mocking Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's trauma is really about covering for Trump's violent coup | Salon.com - "There is a long history of dismissing the traumatic experiences of women and people of color as hysterical "
Yet Ocasio-Cortez's vulnerability has been met with the familiar chorus of mockery and dismissal from right-wing pundits like Fox News star Tucker Carlson and former Fox News star Megyn Kelly.

"Narrowly escaped death," Carlson sarcastically declared when Ocasio-Cortez first publicly recounted her fears two weeks ago. "When the most harrowing thing you've done in life is pass freshman sociology at Boston University, every day is a brand new drama! Sandy's heart is still beating fast!"

"It's not an exaggeration to say that many many members of the House were nearly assassinated," Ocasio-Cortez said during her livestream. Right-wing websites, however, have mocked the congresswoman, calling her account a "gross manipulation" that "uses a sexual assault claim as a political cudgel."

"Anyone who tells you that we couldn't have seen this coming is lying to you, anyone who's gone on the record and said that there was no indication of violence has lied," she told over 300,000 viewers of her livestream on Monday. "I probably started getting text messages about me having plans for my safety or me trying to figure something out, about Thursday. And those text messages came from other members of Congress."

K-Pop Fans Hijack 'AOCLied' Hashtag in Defense of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
K-pop fans are flooding the #AOCLied hashtag on Twitter with photos and videos of their favorite stars, disrupting users who claim that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez lied about her experience of the Capitol riots.

The hashtags #AOCLied and #AlexandriaOcasioSmollett, referring to actor Jussie Smollett who allegedly staged a hate crime assault, were both trending on Twitter.
Great defense of her.

AOC's powerful plea for Republican accountability cannot be ignored | Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | The Guardian - "The congresswoman knows impunity for those who incited the Capitol attack just allows them to do the same, or worse, again"
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez uses social media with a fluency that is still uncommon in politicians. She is at ease online; neither thoughtless nor noticeably self-conscious. She regularly answers questions from voters on Instagram Live while cooking dinner; she peppers her language with millennial slang. AOC is a savvy media figure, but the effects of the live broadcasts are to make her seem less like a polished public persona and more like a plausible person, someone you could imagine speaking to in real life. She is in proximity to power but does not appear to have decided that her power comes at the cost of her personality. This part of her – her humanity and frankness, her familiarity and sympathy – make her seem to achieve, on the broadcasts, something that is impossible for politicians, and especially impossible for female ones: she is in power, but she also reminds you of people you know.
Something like FDR with his "Fireside Chat" broadcasts. Or how Ronald Reagan was "The Great Communicator".

More of that article:
But early in the broadcast, as she described her frustration over Republican calls to move on from the insurrection, she revealed something else: “I’m a survivor of sexual assault,” she said, the first time she has made that disclosure publicly. “The reason I say this and the reason I’m getting emotional in this moment is because these folks who tell us to move on, that it’s not a big deal, that we should forget what’s happened, or even telling us to apologize,” she said. “These are the tactics that abusers use.”

In recognizing the common rhetorical strategies used by both Republicans eager to minimize the attack and perpetrators of gender violence eager to avoid accountability for their treatment of women, AOC was echoing feminists who compared Donald Trump’s increasingly hostile and reckless behavior in the last two months of his term to a pattern common to domestic abusers, who are known to escalate their violence in the weeks immediately following their victim’s severing of the relationship.
That's not new for Trump. Donald Trump’s behavior is textbook emotional abuse, and Hillary Clinton isn’t his only victim - Vox
Although Donald Trump has spent his entire campaign exhibiting many of the classic traits of emotional abuse, examining his behavior simply through the prism of Sunday night’s debate is enough to make it clear as a bell.

Humiliation and deflection are two of the most common ways emotional abusers exert control over their victims. Before the debate even started, he performed an impressive combination of both, using the women who have claimed Bill Clinton raped them to shame Hillary Clinton (and involved us all in this shaming act by broadcasting it).

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "You may not know that you know a survivor, but it’s highly likely that you do. ..." / Twitter
You may not know that you know a survivor, but it’s highly likely that you do.

Survivors of trauma are close to you. They are people you love & you may not know.

Many decide whether their story is safe with someone by how they respond to other survivors.

Don’t push them away.

I really wrestled w telling my story, & had decided about a week ago that it probably wasn’t worth it.

Then I had dinner with Sen. @Biaggi4NY. I told her everything because I knew she was a survivor. She helped me see the importance of sharing my story of the Capitol and trauma.

To be honest, every step of the way there were affirmers - @RepKatiePorter offering safety, @AyannaPressley pressing the pause button to acknowledge trauma, the courage of @Biaggi4NY, @yuhline, @CatalinaCruzNY & many others to tell their stories publicly helped me share mine.

This is all to say that survivors are watching. Loved ones are watching. They may share their story tomorrow, or in months or years. Or they may never.

Speaking vitriol towards other survivors hurts you & your loved ones. Bc dismissers rob themselves of meaningful relationships.
@Biaggi4NY - NY State Senator Alessandra Biaggi
@yuhline - NY State Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou
@CatalinaCruzNY - NY State Assemblymember Catalina Cruz

Cameron Joseph on Twitter: "Source tells me that ..." / Twitter
Source tells me that roughly half the House GOP conference gave Marjorie Taylor Greene a standing ovation after she rose to speak a few min ago.

Fwiw other sources saying it was likely less than half the conference but all say it was a substantial chunk of the conference. And came after MTG (sort of) apologized.

full story on the wild night:
Republicans Just Said They Won’t Punish QAnon Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene - "But Rep. Liz Cheney easily survived a challenge to her conference chairmanship after voting to impeach President Trump."
Apparently, it’s fine with House Republicans if one of their members advocates violence and touts dangerous, racist and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories—so long as they do it before entering office. But voting to impeach President Trump isn’t a cardinal sin, either.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told members in a private meeting of House Republicans Wednesday afternoon that he won’t move to remove freshman Georgia GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from her committees, two sources told VICE News.
Jamaal Bowman on Twitter: "Republicans booed sister @CoriBush when she denounced white supremacy.

They just cheered someone who said Parkland and Sandy Hook were “false flags.”" / Twitter

That's common among conspiracy-mongers, that any attackers who seem to be on their side are really enemies who used false identities. Like the Capitol attacks being due to Antifa people who posed as Trumpies.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "This was what you were saying just a few weeks ago.

Now you’re contradicting your own account to attack me for Fox News clicks.

It’s honestly pretty sad to see you turn around like this and throw other people under the bus.

Thought you’d be better. https://t.co/1WPlwUWlar" / Twitter

noting
Rep. Nancy Mace on Twitter: "Just evacuated my office in Cannon due to a nearby threat. Now we’re seeing protesters assaulting Capitol Police.

This is wrong. This is not who we are. I’m heartbroken for our nation today. (video link)" / Twitter

With a video clip of cops fighting off attackers.

AOC faces backlash as critics point out she wasn't in Capitol building during riot | Fox News - "Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was in the Cannon office building, across from the Capitol"

Nancy Mace on Twitter: "I'm two doors down from @aoc and no insurrectionists stormed our hallway... (links)" / Twitter

Then AOC rebutted her.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "This is a deeply cynical & disgusting attack, @NancyMace.

As the Capitol complex was stormed and people were being killed, none of us knew in the moment what areas were compromised.

You previously told reporters yourself that you barricaded in your office, afraid you’d be hurt. (pic link)" / Twitter

Mace said she barricaded herself inside her D.C. office during the attack. Fearing that Trump supporters she had seen staying at her hotel might target her after she voted to certify the electoral votes, Mace said she decided to sleep in her office that night.

She said her children keep texting her asking if the protesters are gone.

OUCH!

Actually, it does get worse as she even explicitly says she was in danger, as were all her colleagues. Rep. Mace tried to make a fool of Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, and she is getting burned by her own words.
article said:
Speaking on CNN's "Inside Politics," Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., called Trump's falsehoods about the electoral process "the big lie that was being told to the American people."

"My life was at risk, all of my colleagues," she said. "We were sitting ducks in the halls of Congress on Wednesday, and it was terrifying. I had to have a security detail at home. I'm still receiving threats right now online and on social media, and our words are sometimes taken quite literally. Everyone was put at risk, unnecessarily so."

Back
Top Bottom