• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

So, armed creeps broke into the home of an election worker’s family… and are not in jail afaik.
What do we think will happen if one of those being threatened decides to “stand their ground” and starts spraying lead, perforating Trumpsuckers that step onto their property?

His Flatulence was the nutcase in charge, but he's not the driving force.
And why would you make this claim? You are saying a segment of the population is responsible for Orange's behavior?
I'm saying there's a segment of the population that would have voted for anyone who espoused his basic views, whether it was the nutcase or not. He didn't create his backers, he capitalized on them.

Hearing starts at 3pm eastern tomorrow. The focus will be on the pressure put on the DOJ by the administration.

Yes, you keep saying that. It isn't what is happening though.

Make America Great Again was Trump's slogan. The slogan denotes that America is in decline. Looking at America's foundation and its principles both having everything to do with wealth tells me, yes, that's exactly what the fuck is happening here.
If you're a redneck America probably looks like it's in a decline. If you're a religious fundie it looks like it's in decline.

That doesn't mean it is to the rest of us, though.

And why would you make this claim? You are saying a segment of the population is responsible for Orange's behavior?
I'm saying there's a segment of the population that would have voted for anyone who espoused his basic views, whether it was the nutcase or not. He didn't create his backers, he capitalized on them.
Of course. But orange and his backers are still responsible for their behavior. We shouldn't be making excuses for them.

The latest hearings dealt heavily with Eastman and the fake elector scheme. Apparently, DOJ is now acting. A GOP participent in this from Georgia has just been subpeonaed. And two Nevada participants are in trouble. One had his phone confiscated by agents of the DOJ and the search is on for the second. Now the question is what else is going on at DOJ as far as this goes? And what did Trump know about this fake elector scheme and when did he know it?

Follow those bread crumbs!

The January 6 Comittee has now subpeonaed 14 people from 7 states. And the usual rules are in order. The first to cooperate get the best deals fom the authorities.

Hums "That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang".

What a parade of scumbags.
There seems to be agreement among the treason scumbag community (aka the GOP) that they will pretend not to know these hearings are even happening. No response whatsoever.

Of course. But orange and his backers are still responsible for their behavior. We shouldn't be making excuses for them.
I'm not making excuses. I'm saying the same factors would have been at work even without the orange turd. He just brought them out of the woodwork.

I'm not making excuses. I'm saying the same factors would have been at work even without the orange turd. He just brought them out of the woodwork.

We’d be better off if they had stayed in the woodwork.
And I disagree that “they” would have voted for anyone espousing Trump’s views.
He doesn't have views. The lemmings voted for a personality.

That video testimony showed that Republican Representatives Andy Biggs, Mo Brooks, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert and Scott Perry sought pardons from Trump, which could have inoculated them against prosecution for any activities they may have engaged in before or during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

The big take away of today's hearings was that the bizarre conspiracy theories Trump presented from the internet ond conspiracists were systematicaly debunked and Trump was informed of that in no uncertain terms. After Barr resigned, Trump ran through AGs and still could not get somebody tothrough the election. He finally found his yesman in Jeffery Clark. But when at aWhitehouse meeting he quizzed the soon to be deposed AG refused to be an assistant AG to Clark and stated he would resign, all present at that meeting also stated they would resign. And Trump was warned that hundreds of DOJ officials would resign. And that government agencies such as the FBI would refuse to take orders from Clark. Trump was forced to back down. A few days later Trump went to his backup plan. The January 6 insurrection.

Clark was questioned by the committee and took the Fifth over 100 times. Next up, what exactly did Trump do after he realized appointing Clark would result in mass DOJ resignations?

Jeffrey Clark's home was raided and searched by the FBI this morning. Announced by ABC News just before 3 pm. They said Clark was standing out in the street watching in his pajamas.

Holy Crap!

Mutterings that Ivanka Trump may have committed perjury have appeared:
CBSNews.com said:
Following the meeting, Holder's lawyer, Russell Smith, said that there were "inconsistencies" in Ivanka Trump's remarks.

"That's why we're cooperating with the committee, and they can determine whether there was perjury or something less than that," Smith told reporters.

Jeffrey Clark's home was raided and searched by the FBI this morning. Announced by ABC News just before 3 pm. They said Clark was standing out in the street watching in his pajamas.

Holy Crap!

Here is Tucker Carlson's response to the pajamas.

1656074155744.png

Why was he standing out in the street? Did the FBI throw him out while they searched his house?

This reminds me of a story a friend told me about once when he wrecked his car while driving drunk and he got out of his car and pretended to be an onlooker. lol

Jeffrey Clark: Wow, what's going on? Whose house is that getting raided? What a loser. LOL

Back
Top Bottom