• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

A 5/29 Insurrectionist who has been sentenced to prison is asking for "time served".

Firebombing Attorney Begs for Light Sentence
There were no insurrections nor attempted insurrections in the USA on 29 May of any year in the last century, as far as I can tell.

Firebombing a police cruiser is a serious crime, but it's not an insurrection unless it's in the context of an attempt to seize governmental authority.

And the principle of backdating custodial sentences to the date on which the criminal was first remanded is widespread, and in no sense newsworthy or remarkable for anybody with a passing familiarity with legal processes. It's in no sense a lightening of a sentence, to recognise that it's already been partially served.
Did you sleep through the summer of 2020?

So, Ginni Thomas testified yesterday and she claims that she never discussed her election activities with her husband. Okay. Sure. She's still claiming that the election was stolen by Biden. OMG! This woman really is delusional.

So, Ginni Thomas testified yesterday and she claims that she never discussed her election activities with her husband. Okay. Sure. She's still claiming that the election was stolen by Biden. OMG! This woman really is delusional.
So either she is a bad wife, he is a bad husband, or they are both lying.

Large-scale personal activities which can impact a relationship (such as activism towards a major campaign) are not the sort of thing that goes undiscussed in a healthy relationship.

Large-scale personal activities which can impact a relationship (such as activism towards a major campaign) are not the sort of thing that goes undiscussed in a healthy relationship.
Sure they don't discuss it. "When they come home in the evening, he goes to his shack in the field and she stays in the big house." - Frangela

Even if they don't discuss it (which is highly unlikely), they read the news and see what the other is doing. Still a conflict of interest.

A 5/29 Insurrectionist who has been sentenced to prison is asking for "time served".

There were no insurrections nor attempted insurrections in the USA on 29 May of any year in the last century, as far as I can tell.

Firebombing a police cruiser is a serious crime, but it's not an insurrection unless it's in the context of an attempt to seize governmental authority.

And the principle of backdating custodial sentences to the date on which the criminal was first remanded is widespread, and in no sense newsworthy or remarkable for anybody with a passing familiarity with legal processes. It's in no sense a lightening of a sentence, to recognise that it's already been partially served.
No, I was awake for both of them.

I could imagine that someone with great integrity could keep their discussions with their spouse limited. However, Ginni Thomas has already demonstrated significant evidence that she lacks such integrity.

For some years my wife and I were both avid rock climbers, backpackers and mountaineers. But we never talked about it with each other. :rolleyes:

I have zero idea how likely this is but imagine if the committee presented some receipts now Ginni has testified.

Uh, I hope you are aware that 2020 had only one summer.

No. It had two...

Bilby is Australian. Anyone from the southern hemisphere will have to deal with "two" summers. Their summer, which is in fact our winter and our summer, which is their winter but for which all the news from the north hemisphere is back to "summer", so their seasons in the news cycle tend to be "spring, summer, fall, Yankee summer".

It's not like they have to deal with snow, either way.

No. It had two...

Bilby is Australian. Anyone from the southern hemisphere will have to deal with "two" summers. Their summer, which is in fact our winter and our summer, which is their winter but for which all the news from the north hemisphere is back to "summer", so their seasons in the news cycle tend to be "spring, summer, fall, Yankee summer".

I see what you're getting at. So I'll rephrase.

May through September only happened one time in 2020.

Uh, I hope you are aware that our planet is approximately spherical, and contains significant inhabited areas not in, or even near to, the United States of America.

Every year has two summers*; One on each side of the equator.

*With the possible exception of 1816

No. It had two...

I see what you're getting at. So I'll rephrase.

May through September only happened one time in 2020.
And in my location, it was winter.

And in my location, it was winter.

Yes, we know that part. We've been over that part several times. Several people have said that same thing before you repeated it again. And I acknowledged their point after they made it before you repeated it yet again.

Yet that's the part you are hung up on. Not that May through September only happened once in 2020, but that it was winter in your part of the world.

I've got a suggestion - go ask Patooka how he came to the conclusion that my USA-centric statement somehow comes to some conclusion of flat earth. I do wonder what his processes were that got him from point A to point B. I'd call them "thought processes" but my High School English Teacher would come out of retirement and cross state lines in order to mark me down for using words that incorrectly.

my USA-centric statement somehow comes to some conclusion of flat earth
To reiterate:

To say there is only one summer is to make an implication that the earth is flat.

In a flat earth topology there would be only one summer because all seasonal effects would be essentially uniform.

Jason, were you to look in a mirror you would find yourself the only one in the group who can't understand what is being talked about.

Yes, we know that part. We've been over that part several times. Several people have said that same thing before you repeated it again. And I acknowledged their point after they made it before you repeated it yet again.
Sure, but I read your post, and responded to it, before I even saw their posts. Many posts had been made before I returned to the thread.

This is because I sleep during the nighttime, and (you may wish to sit down for this revelation) nighttime happens at different times in different parts of the world.

This would be obvious to someone who knows that the Earth is approximately spherical.

Or their relationship is basically in-name-only by now.

Back
Top Bottom