• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kapaernick

Acts of free speech? Huh? Last I checked he suggested owners should fire players for something they did in their workplace.

Where in the NFL rulebook does it say you have to stand for the national anthem? If people don't want to see ball players protesting the anthem, then maybe we shouldn't be having the anthem at a ball game. The players weren't the ones who started having political expression part of the game.

Huh? Where does it say owners can only fire employees for breaking rules in the NFL rule book?

Trump is the one who should be fired for what he says and does in the workplace.

We get that option in 3 years, unfortunately his contract says high crimes and misdemeanors where Kapernick's contract has less strong wording for getting out of a contract.

So does Cheato's - Congress can summarily remove him if in their opinion he is incapable of discharging the duties to which he assigned.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

What does this have to do with anything? Do you think just because these people are wealthy they shouldn't care about discrimination and injustice?
Of course they ought to, and obviously we all should care too, but I am going to have a problem when people capitalize off of it, and use it for self-promotion. People keep forgetting that the real bottom line here is money.

Trump is the one who should be fired for what he says and does in the workplace.

We get that option in 3 years, unfortunately his contract says high crimes and misdemeanors where Kapernick's contract has less strong wording for getting out of a contract.

Assuming Kaepernick gets a contract at some future point, right?

How is Puerto Rico's recovery going? This guy Trump and the dumdum media are a vicious circle jerk.

So does Cheato's - Congress can summarily remove him if in their opinion he is incapable of discharging the duties to which he assigned.

But impeaching him for a first amendment right..........I guess try and pin some Russian involvement stuff on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming Kaepernick gets a contract at some future point, right?

Correct. It would be for someone else at this point.

But somehow Cheato is justified for demanding that owners (whose own "free speech" on the matter is unequivocal) fire those player for behavior that Cheato doesn't like?
What a fucking clown.

"Demanding"? Huh?

Yes. And assaulting/slandering a private enterprise that is operating well within its legal bounds, just for behavior that offends his ignorant toothless minions. I hope they sue him for damages, if attendance, rating and overall revenues drop.

But impeaching him for a first amendment right..........I guess try and pin some Russian involvement stuff on him.

There is no chance that the current Congress will impeach him OR invoke the 25th amendment solution.
And that will hold true no matter what is "pinned" on him by the evidence uncovered by the Mueller investigation.
It is transparently obvious that his campaign deliberately and enthusiastically conspired with Russian operatives to influence the election, whether or not it can be "pinned" on him.

"Demanding"? Huh?

Yes. And assaulting/slandering a private enterprise that is operating well within its legal bounds, just for behavior that offends his ignorant toothless minions. I hope they sue him for damages, if attendance, rating and overall revenues drop.

Listen to you. Slandering. Heh. Assaulting. Wow.

A little free speech really drives you guys nutty.

I explained to you that in my opinion, the President of the United States should (not "is legally required to") adhere to a higher standard than what would aply to a private citizen. I'd be the first to defend his idiocy as his own right if he were that private citizen. He's not, and while I still have a right to free speech, I will use it to express my opinion that Cheato should be doing his job instead of slandering athletes and trying to inflict damage upon their employers' businesses in order to impress his racist followers.
You have a problem with that, snowflake? Too bad.

I explained to you that in my opinion, the President of the United States should (not "is legally required to") adhere to a higher standard than what would aply to a private citizen. I'd be the first to defend his idiocy as his own right if he were that private citizen. He's not, and while I still have a right to free speech, I will use it to express my opinion that Cheato should be doing his job instead of slandering athletes and trying to inflict damage upon their employers' businesses in order to impress his racist followers.
You have a problem with that, snowflake? Too bad.

Why are you engaging with Dismal?

The things he has said can be used against him in any of the likely charges. And, yes, if you can be fired for what you say, then you can be impeached by the same reasoning.

The things he has said can be used against him in any of the likely charges. And, yes, if you can be fired for what you say, then you can be impeached by the same reasoning.

The constitution says to impeach for Treason, Bribery, and other high crimes. Saying that Football owners should fire players for not standing is not one of those items. They didn't want the President to be impeached just because the opposition disagreed with his politics, of which this could be considered a disagreement on politics.

I didn't say for his nfl comments alone. But, sure, he should be for those when taken with all his other stupid, reality denying, unethical, schizophrenic, anti-democratic, abusive, unprofessional, unpresidential, reckless, fascistic comments.

What does this have to do with anything? Do you think just because these people are wealthy they shouldn't care about discrimination and injustice?
Of course they ought to, and obviously we all should care too, but I am going to have a problem when people capitalize off of it, and use it for self-promotion. People keep forgetting that the real bottom line here is money.

How is anyone capitalizing on the knee protest?

The constitution says to impeach for Treason, Bribery, and other high crimes. Saying that Football owners should fire players for not standing is not one of those items. They didn't want the President to be impeached just because the opposition disagreed with his politics, of which this could be considered a disagreement on politics.

... or a manifestation of his incompetence.

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

Where in the NFL rulebook does it say you have to stand for the national anthem? If people don't want to see ball players protesting the anthem, then maybe we shouldn't be having the anthem at a ball game. The players weren't the ones who started having political expression part of the game.

Huh? Where does it say owners can only fire employees for breaking rules in the NFL rule book?
What in the heck are you arguing? You are more all over the road than Ted Kennedy!

I believe when the masters at the workplace are doing something unjust they should not be supported.

This is about quietly kneeling.

Nothing else.

If that is not allowed by the masters they are tyrants.

That's nice. When you run a workplace you can let people kneel all they want.

You clearly have no moral compass.

You support tyrants and their actions.

Back
Top Bottom