• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

PALM BEACH, Fla. — For a time, Anna de Rothschild boasted of her family roots to the European banking dynasty, donning designer clothes, a Rolex watch, and driving a $170,000 black Mercedes-Benz SUV.

She talked about developing a sprawling luxury housing project on Emerald Bay in the Bahamas, a high-rise hotel in Monaco, and a Formula One race track in Miami, say people who knew her.

A pivotal moment for the woman who was fluent in several languages took place last year when she was invited to Mar-a-Lago, where she mingled with former President Donald Trump’s supporters and showed up the next day for a golf outing with Mr. Trump and Sen. Lindsey Graham among other political luminaries.

But the 33-year-old woman was not a member of the famous banking family, and is now a subject of a widening FBI investigation that has delved into her past financial activities and the events that led her to the former president’s home.

“It was the near-perfect ruse and she played the part,” said John LeFevre, a former investment banker who met her with other guests around a club pool.

In addition to the FBI, law enforcement agents in Canada have confirmed that she has been the subject of a major crimes unit investigation in Quebec since February.

A year before the FBI’s spectacular raid of the former president’s seaside home, the woman whose real name is Inna Yashchyshyn, a Russian-speaking immigrant from Ukraine, made several trips into the estate posing as a member of the famous family while making inroads with some of the former president’s key supporters.

The ability of Ms. Yashchyshyn — the daughter of an Illinois truck driver — to bypass the security at Mr. Trump’s club demonstrates the ease with which someone with a fake identity and shadowy background can get into a facility that’s one of America’s power centers and the epicenter of Republican Party politics.

The redacted affidavit reveals almost nothing new, so it seems that there was no reason to release it in the first place. A waste of everybody's time. Maybe Trump's people will find some clue in there that will enable them to discover who spilled the beans on them so they can get their revenge.
Point 47 is pretty interesting. It kind of undermines any "I didn't know what was in them" defense when you personally write notes on the documents.

Imagine someone at a military base orders takeout pizza for his buddies on some night. A spy picks that up, and then someone decides that releasing such a thing is not a security problem. Then the pizza orderer will learn that he had been spied upon, and that the spies might have learned other things.

View attachment 40014

Real recognize real. She's probably there comparing notes on running cons.

It is really hard to believe that she wasn't spying for a foreign country, given all the money and fake credentials behind her scam. Why else would she end up at Mar-a-Lago at a golf course next to Donald Trump and Lindsey Graham? Mar-a-Lago was a magnet for foreign spies. Worst president in history up there next to one of the worst sitting senators, although he has tough competition.

Surely someone in the crime family was letting special visitors browse classified documents for a price. How much time does Jared spend at Mar-a-Lago?

How common is it that a judge will force prosecutors to publish such an affidavit? Even when a case goes to trial, the prosecution is not required to divulge its sources (right?) just the actual evidence to be submitted.

I assume the redactions will be brutal. In addition to other information to be kept secret, the names of all investigators and informants will need redaction, as otherwise Trump's million-strong gang of QUPAnon thugs will target them for assassination. And an affidavit mostly covered in black redaction ink will be the headline story for Fox and QOPAnon for months to come.

The DOJ refused to act to avoid politicing. They let a judge pull that trigger and take the heat. If the DOJ had readily released the affadavits that resulted in the raid, the MAGATs would have howled it was all deep state politics to persecute Trump. The DOJ was going to take heat no matter what they did. This was the best way out.

Sure, there's a preemptive coup in progress against Donald Trump.

In unrelated news, I want it on the record that the Queensland Police Commissioner is planning to rob the Westpac bank in Beenleigh tomorrow, so if anyone - particularly anyone associated with the QPS - accuses me of that crime, we will all know that they're a bunch of meanie liars.

On a further completely unrelated note, if anyone in the Beenleigh area knows where I can obtain a sawn-off shotgun and a ski mask, no questions asked, please PM me with the details.
Sending your post to Port Orford Police Department for appropriate action. Uh, there's no bank here.

Nice semantic argument! It enables you to completely and utterly duck the point while appearing to address the post.
Strangely, I know how you feel.
We've both gotten that treatment from bilby then.

So, after reading all 10 pages...

It is the case that the documents seized were nuclear information that Trump planned to give to Putin?
I feel like I didn't actually get an answer.
I did answer. Possession of nuke docs is a crime in itself. Continuing to hide nuke docs is conspiring to commit the crime. Passing them along would be another crime.

Lock him up is open shut here.
Alright, we know for sure that Trump had nuke docs and was planning on passing them to someone else.

Alright, we know for sure that Trump had nuke docs
This is the crime. Passing them to someone else is an additional crime. Having them where they were is also a crime, in addition to just having them.

...and then you added the following, even having had this explained to you multiple time
and was planning on passing them to someone else.
This constitutes a second crime, but by formulating it as a conjoined statement, you imply that intent to share is somehow important to whether they had them in the first place.

Taking them out of the white house and not returning all materials bearing classification markings when asked is the crime, full stop.

But for some reason you try to inject something we cannot be certain about so as to create doubt in the crime we are certain of.

Yeah, one of my major issues with Trump during his candidacy is that he is absolutely untrustworthy. He's compromised by the loans held by overseas lenders for one thing and for another he has no sense of the importance of anything at all beyond his current immediate need for attention and cash. Other people are not real to him. It doesn't matter if they are hurt or killed or suffer as a result of something he did or failed to do. They are ants and he's a giant.

Former President Trump has been receiving legal advice related to his retention of presidential records from the head of Judicial Watch, a conservative legal activist group, CNN reported Friday.

Trump began taking calls from Tom Fitton, the president of the group, soon after the National Archives confirmed it obtained 15 boxes of records from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property earlier this year.

The Archives reportedly asked the Justice Department (DOJ) to investigate after it received the boxes, some of which contained classified information.

Fitton told Trump that providing the boxes to the Archives was a mistake and the records belonged to Trump, three sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

Fitton said Trump should not provide any additional records if the Archives came back for more. He reportedly cited a 2012 case that Judicial Watch was involved in that he said gave Trump the authority to do what he wanted with records from his time in the White House.
I'd say Trump got some very poor legal advice.

I'd say Trump got some very poor legal advice
That excuse might get Trump off the hook, but it wouldn’t work for anyone else.
It really should not. He isn't some intern or someone dragged off the street. I think it should be obvious to all (except perhaps Trump himself) that he was cultivated as an asset for years prior to his election. He was and still is dangerous in his ignorance, compounded many times over by his arrogance and ego and his minions who are also being used as assets.

Back
Top Bottom