• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

Jimmy, every time I read it I see you telling me that we know this.

Maybe the best solution is for you to actually quote him saying that, because it isn't what I saw. Or maybe you need someone else to read it to you.

Okay then.

I did answer. Possession of nuke docs is a crime in itself. Continuing to hide nuke docs is conspiring to commit the crime. Passing them along would be another crime.

Lock him up is open shut here.

There's the quote. Actually it was included several times before now, but more deeply nested.
This is you looking at reality and instead seeing a funhouse mirror distortion.

Jimmy did not say Rump passed on documents. They in fact pointed out that IF they passed the (without saying they did or had any intent to), THEN that would be the topic of a different discussion.

Making a true statement of contingent without claiming a true contingent is not making a statement of fact. You accused Jimmy of making a statement of fact.

Perhaps go take some reading comprehension classes?

Jimmy, every time I read it I see you telling me that we know this.

Maybe the best solution is for you to actually quote him saying that, because it isn't what I saw. Or maybe you need someone else to read it to you.

Okay then.

I did answer. Possession of nuke docs is a crime in itself. Continuing to hide nuke docs is conspiring to commit the crime. Passing them along would be another crime.

There's the quote. Actually it was included several times before now, but more deeply nested.
This is you looking at reality and instead seeing a funhouse mirror distortion.

Jimmy did not say Rump passed on documents. They in fact pointed out that IF they passed the (without saying they did or had any intent to), THEN that would be the topic of a different discussion.

Making a true statement of contingent without claiming a true contingent is not making a statement of fact. You accused Jimmy of making a statement of fact.

Perhaps go take some reading comprehension classes?

Jimmy did not say Trump had already passed them along, and I didn't accuse Jimmy of saying that. Yet you read it in my post. Curious.

Alright, we know for sure that Trump had nuke docs and was planning on passing them to someone else.

See the words "was planning on". That indicates having not done so.

So now you are libeling both Jimmy and myself.

Alright, we know for sure that Trump had nuke docs and was planning on passing them to someone else.

The only one here making a statement of fact as to Rump having an intent of passing them on is you.

You added those words. They came from you.

You invented the intent whole cloth in that response.

Jimmy's contingent was agnostic as to the existence of an intent to pass on documents, and then you inserted a positive intent.

As can be seen in entirety, Rump had committed a felony regardless of contingents.

Now there is evidence of further crimes, given the fact that some folders are empty.

But there is proof of definite crimes, given the fact that the empty folders are there at all, regardless of whether or why they are empty.

The only one here making a statement of fact as to Rump having an intent of passing them on is you.

That's what I got from Jimmy.

No, you didn't. You made that part up all on your own.

No, that's what you IMPUTE onto Jimmy. You put it there yourself and that's on you.

Edit: @ZiprHead beat me to it.

Why are you emphasizing your own text in an attempt to reference what I said? You either misunderstood what I said or are desperate to be a contrarian here.

Trump appointed Judge says former President holds some executive privilege post Presidency. This seems like one of those hyper technical rulings. Yes, Presidents hold certain privileges. They have the ability to have intel briefings I believe, though likely limited. They have protection from the Secret Service. And in general, whatever the existing President says they have... they have.

But this case seems to be about stuff that he has absolutely no privilege to. More info here. It truly is abhorrent. Both sides now get to name candidates... and more importantly, where it comes to hauling this investigation into a standstill... the scope of the Special Master's review. The judge just put this investigation on ice.

Why are you emphasizing your own text in an attempt to reference what I said? You either misunderstood what I said or are desperate to be a contrarian here.

Because one of our detractors accused me of saying that you said he HAD given them instead of you talking about intent to transfer. I was correcting them on the timing of what we are talking about.

Because one of our detractors accused me of saying that you said he HAD given them instead of you talking about intent to transfer. I was correcting them on the timing of what we are talking about.

What Jimmy said was "Passing them along would be another crime." You, in fact, did say "we know for sure that Trump had nuke docs and was planning on passing them to someone else."

Congratulations. You are now in the running for this year's Double Down Gaslighting Award. You'll have tough competition from the Ukraine war thread, but we're pulling for you.

What Jimmy said was "Passing them along would be another crime." You, in fact, did say "we know for sure that Trump had nuke docs and was planning on passing them to someone else."

Congratulations. You are now in the running for this year's Double Down Gaslighting Award. You'll have tough competition from the Ukraine war thread, but we're pulling for you.
FSTDT would be glad to host such an award, I bet.

That is rather disingenuous of you.
I've not been following this news too carefully. Did I miss something?

How do we know Trump was planning to pass on nuclear documents?
Jimmy told me so.

Judge Aileen Cannon cited a Supreme Court ruling on Trump-linked Jan. 6 investigation documents in justifying the ruling to review executive privilege.

In explaining why she was ordering a special master review for material potentially covered by executive privilege, Cannon said that the Justice Department had not convinced the court that those concerns should be "disregarded," as she went on quote from how the Supreme Court described its move in a dispute this year over former President Donald Trump Jan. 6 documents, including a line from Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Judge Aileen Cannon cited a Supreme Court ruling on Trump-linked Jan. 6 investigation documents in justifying the ruling to review executive privilege.

In explaining why she was ordering a special master review for material potentially covered by executive privilege, Cannon said that the Justice Department had not convinced the court that those concerns should be "disregarded," as she went on quote from how the Supreme Court described its move in a dispute this year over former President Donald Trump Jan. 6 documents, including a line from Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Obama has a law degree and security clearance, right?

Obama has a law degree and security clearance, right?
His experience as a former president is also crucial. More so, IMHO.

How about a panel of former presidents? Obama, Bush, Clinton, and Carter. How about having them decide what constitutes treason on the part of a former president?
Tom

Back
Top Bottom