• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

More searches are happening at Trump properties. They are finding more classified docs.
Right. Trump was president with authority to declassify. Biden wasn't.
But he didn't. In fact the delusional POS still claims "they're Miiiiiiiine!"
It's absurd to claim that he could have waved a magic wand in his sleep and "declassified" anything. There's a process involved, and as usual he didn't follow it. SSCI, no less. You can't seem to comprehend that.

Let's keep the double standards rolling.

Oh for crying out loud. Pay attention here: No one had to beg Biden or his people to search for classified documents. When they found the first batch, they did the right thing and reported it then turned them over. Now they are voluntarily looking for any other documents without being forced into it.

As for these documents being kept outside a secure storage to begin with - yes, something needs to be done to prevent this from happening. I agree with that. Apparently our security is less than stellar when it comes to tracking these classified documents. I suspect, if investigated, it would be found that this has been going on for decades now.

Ruth
I wouldn't even be surprised to learn this is a frame job.

Trump did not declassify any of the documents that he stole on his way out of the White House as a private citizen. What he said last was that he could declassify documents even by just thinking the act of declassification. All he needs to do to maintain that defense is produce documentation that a US president thinking documents declassified is sufficient to declassify them. At that point, the courts would think about taking his claim seriously. Merely thinking it serious should do the trick. :)

Trump: I could declassify documents by thinking about it

Not to mention, even if the documents were declassified, they are still the government's documents. Declassification doesn't give Trump ownership.

The scandal is that the DOJ found out about it a week prior to the midterm elections and chose to suppress the story, conferring a partisan advantage.
Ah, gives me such nostalgia. Recalling how Jim Comey torpedoed Hillary and saved the Donald by announcing the FBI’s investigation into her non- crimes and suppressing the investigation into Donald’s ACTUAL crimes, for which INDIVIDUAL-1’s accomplice went to jail. And I-1 is still on the loose… go figure.

The scandal is that the DOJ found out about it a week prior to the midterm elections and chose to suppress the story, conferring a partisan advantage.
Ah, gives me such nostalgia. Recalling how Jim Comey torpedoed Hillary and saved the Donald by announcing the FBI’s investigation into her non- crimes and suppressing the investigation into Donald’s ACTUAL crimes, for which INDIVIDUAL-1’s accomplice went to jail. And I-1 is still on the loose… go figure.
We would not have known about Trump's documents scandal if Trump didn't blab about it.

Dear oh dear;

A second batch of classified documents were found in a garage 'storage space' in President Biden's Wilmington home, the White House counsel revealed on Thursday – in the latest explosive development in the classified documents story. Richard Sauber, Special Counsel to the President, said the files were immediately handed over to the National Archives and the Department of Justice was notified. It is still not clear what information was contained in the files or when they were found. Biden responded to a question Thursday amid growing scrutiny of the situation when pressed how he could have classified materials 'next to your Corvette' – a reference to his classic 1967 Stingray. 'By the way, my Corvette's in locked garage, okay? It's not like it's sitting out in the street,' Biden shot back. He confirmed the documents were kept in a lock garage. 'Yes - as well as my Corvette,' he told Peter Doocy of Fox News. People know I take classified documents,' classified materials seriously,' Biden said, beginning to read a prepared statement. Then, amid the cacophony of questions, he pointed to the back of the auditorium in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building where he was speaking. 'Hey how you doing? Good to see you!' he yelled, then walked off stage.
Daily Mail

And this guy is going to run in 2024? I don't think so.

Dear oh dear;

A second batch of classified documents were found in a garage 'storage space' in President Biden's Wilmington home, the White House counsel revealed on Thursday – in the latest explosive development in the classified documents story. Richard Sauber, Special Counsel to the President, said the files were immediately handed over to the National Archives and the Department of Justice was notified. It is still not clear what information was contained in the files or when they were found. Biden responded to a question Thursday amid growing scrutiny of the situation when pressed how he could have classified materials 'next to your Corvette' – a reference to his classic 1967 Stingray. 'By the way, my Corvette's in locked garage, okay? It's not like it's sitting out in the street,' Biden shot back. He confirmed the documents were kept in a lock garage. 'Yes - as well as my Corvette,' he told Peter Doocy of Fox News. People know I take classified documents,' classified materials seriously,' Biden said, beginning to read a prepared statement. Then, amid the cacophony of questions, he pointed to the back of the auditorium in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building where he was speaking. 'Hey how you doing? Good to see you!' he yelled, then walked off stage.
Daily Mail

And this guy is going to run in 2024? I don't think so.
Hey, it’s not like the documents were kept in his Volkswagen. Come on, man.

There is indeed a big difference between the Trump and Biden cases, which is Trump's obstruction of justice by lying about having and then refusing to return the documents. That said, I'm quite disturbed by the Biden case. There is clearly a breakdown in dealing with classified information in the executive branch independent of who is president at the time. Garland has appointed a special prosecutor counsel to look at the Biden case, which I think is appropriate. There needs to be a neutral party who figures out what is going on and what should be done.

Either way, the political damage to Biden is catastrophic. He will hand the presidency to DeSantis if he runs for re-election.

Now they have Ben Hur going after Biden.
oh wait … never mind.

Either way, the political damage to Biden is catastrophic. He will hand the presidency to DeSantis if he runs for re-election.

Actually, I doubt that this scandal will damage Biden very much at all, except in the minds of those who always thought him damaged. Those making the loudest noises over Biden's mishandling of classified documents are the same ones who would prefer a senile criminal Republican for president rather than a senile honest Democrat. The Democrat, at least, seems to be competent and qualified to do the job.

Actually, I doubt that this scandal will damage Biden very much at all, except in the minds of those who always thought him damaged. Those making the loudest noises over Biden's mishandling of classified documents are the same ones who would prefer a senile criminal Republican for president rather than a senile honest Democrat. The Democrat, at least, seems to be competent and qualified to do the job.

Biden is neither honest nor competent or qualified.

Those making the loudest noises over Biden's mishandling of classified documents are the same ones who would prefer a senile criminal Republican for president
Nah, it’s about the hypocrisy.

True, but not among Biden's defenders. Hypocrisy is on display with those failing to see the difference between Trump's blatant obstructionism and Biden's honest cooperation.

Back
Top Bottom