• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

I think Biden had those classified docs planted, then turned himself in, all at the request of AG Garland to create an appearance of neutrality for when he drops the hammer on Trump. Biden might even get himself subpoenaed so he can show up and testify truthfully just to make Cheato look bad.

Hypocrisy really is funny. Trump worse because he misunderstood procedures on declassification. Whereas Biden is just an idiot. LOL.

This is how you rationalize his behavior? He did not misunderstand anything! He had people surrounding him who told him exactly what the rules were and told him that he would be breaking the law. It isn't that Donald Trump misunderstood the law. He just did not care. He can say anything he wants. He can tell any lies. His supporters don't care either, and he knows it. The law seldom trips him up, and never enough to do him any real harm. He uses lawsuits to punish and bankrupt those he has a grudge against.

If you bothered to pay any attention to the record of his behavior before he became president, then you would understand that he has a long record of ignoring the law and exploiting loopholes in the legal system to avoid the consequences. It's all there in the public record.

See:

Donald Trump’s history of corruption: a comprehensive review

These classified documents episodes indicate to me that
1) these laws and rules appear to be onerous to understand and to comply with, and
2) there are probably way too many documents that are "classified" that shouldn't be.

Breaking the rules/law should not excused or condoned. What Trump and Biden did was wrong. In my mind, there is no difference between the two situations. Frankly, in and of itself, I don't think either case is a big deal.

The difference is in the reactions to the discovery. The Biden reaction appears to me to be competent and compliant while the Trump reaction appeared incompetent and uncompliant. The former reaction suggests a benign neglect on the part of the Biden team, while the latter suggests a more malign intent on the part of the Trump team.

In my view, the reactions by the teams to this relative nothing burger reflect on the character of the two men and their teams.
They are onerous, that doesn't make them wrong. It's just what we often see at the top--take shortcuts with security. (And that's assuming this isn't a plant.)

Hypocrisy really is funny. Trump worse because he misunderstood procedures on declassification. Whereas Biden is just an idiot. LOL.

"Oleg," why do you keep talking about declassification as though it matters with what Trump did? Bad faith or ignorance?

"Oleg," why do you keep talking about declassification as though it matters with what Trump did? Bad faith or ignorance?
You left out desperation as well. It's pretty obvious Republican leaders are complete dogshit (and have been for a while), so the best they can hope for is to distort the context of both situations.

Look at "Oleg" for example. Not once in this thread has he addressed the differences between the two instances, dutifully putting his fingers in his ears whenever someone brings up the discrepancies between what Trump did and what Biden did.

More embarrassment for Brandon!

THIRD batch of classified documents found at Biden's Delaware home: White House Special Counsel uncovers five more pages after he was sent to investigate when President's attorneys were told they didn't have clearance to keep searching

Daily Mail

Time for the FBI to start a proper search.

Two things TSwizzle and Oleg will never mention in this thread; "willful retention" and "cooperation with authorities". Not that hard to figure out why.

THIRD batch of classified documents found at Biden's Delaware home: White House Special Counsel uncovers five more pages after he was sent to investigate when President's attorneys were told they didn't have clearance to keep searching

Daily Mail

Huh?? I thought we were supposed to focus on Hunter?!

Daily Mail

Huh?? I thought we were supposed to focus on Hunter?!
Hunter was selling them for coke when he was living in Joe's Garage.

Daily Mail

Daily Mail

Why? None of these disclosures are coming from investigators. They are all being uncovered and reported by the White House itself as they turn up. Had Trump been as honest as Biden, it would not have been necessary for the FBI to get involved, and Trump would not be under investigation for obstruction of justice. A special counsel (originally a Trump appointee) has already been appointed to look at the question of whether any laws were broken.

Why? None of these disclosures are coming from investigators. They are all being uncovered and reported by the White House itself as they turn up. Had Trump been as honest as Biden, it would not have been necessary for the FBI to get involved, and Trump would not be under investigation for obstruction of justice. A special counsel (originally a Trump appointee) has already been appointed to look at the question of whether any laws were broken.

Yeah, but both of these instances involve documents! Therefore they are exactly the same thing!

Those making the loudest noises over Biden's mishandling of classified documents are the same ones who would prefer a senile criminal Republican for president
Nah, it’s about the hypocrisy.

True, but not among Biden's defenders. Hypocrisy is on display with those failing to see the difference between Trump's blatant obstructionism and Biden's honest cooperation.
To me it's the apoplectic behavior of the "Orange Man Bad" troop. They seeth and gnash that he's the new Hitler (he/him). But then their guy does the same shit, but more embarrassingly. Chef's kiss.

Good news! There is a 4 1/2 minute video that explains why you're dead fucking wrong.

But keep going with your witty rants about hypocrisy on two instances when the context is vastly different. You sound really sane and knowledgeable when you do that.

Those making the loudest noises over Biden's mishandling of classified documents are the same ones who would prefer a senile criminal Republican for president
Nah, it’s about the hypocrisy.

True, but not among Biden's defenders. Hypocrisy is on display with those failing to see the difference between Trump's blatant obstructionism and Biden's honest cooperation.
To me it's the apoplectic behavior of the "Orange Man Bad" troop. They seeth and gnash that he's the new Hitler (he/him). But then their guy does the same shit, but more embarrassingly. Chef's kiss.

Good news! There is a 4 1/2 minute video that explains why you're dead fucking wrong.

But keep going with your witty rants about hypocrisy on two instances when the context is vastly different. You sound really sane and knowledgeable when you do that.

Trump's latest excuse - and you can't make this stuff up - is that he didn't keep the classified documents at all.

He just kept the folders they came in. Because he thought they would be - his words - a "cool keepsake." You know...because you're a President having a national security briefing in the White House, an aide hands out top secret documents to your advisors, you finish the briefing and when they're gathering up the highly classified material you say "hey, can I take just the folders home with me? I like the pretty words on the front." Then an aide says "Mr. President...you are home. This is where you live. We're having this meeting in your office."

He went on to say that during the "raid," the FBI "planted" actual classified documents in the completely harmless (but totally cool) folders he kept. Because of course.

Trump's latest excuse - and you can't make this stuff up - is that he didn't keep the classified documents at all.

He just kept the folders they came in. Because he thought they would be - his words - a "cool keepsake." You know...because you're a President having a national security briefing in the White House, an aide hands out top secret documents to your advisors, you finish the briefing and when they're gathering up the highly classified material you say "hey, can I take just the folders home with me? I like the pretty words on the front." Then an aide says "Mr. President...you are home. This is where you live. We're having this meeting in your office."

He went on to say that during the "raid," the FBI "planted" actual classified documents in the completely harmless (but totally cool) folders he kept. Because of course.

As weak as it may be, I think the "cool keepsake" thing is to push toward a "no malicious intent" defense on Trump's part. It is what the DoJ looks for in these cases.

As weak as it may be, I think the "cool keepsake" thing is to push toward a "no malicious intent" defense on Trump's part. It is what the DoJ looks for in these cases.

Which would have been a barely passable excuse...18 months ago.

As Beau said in the above video, Trump could have staved all this off by saying "wow...had no idea we had this. Here's all the boxes of documents. Whoopsie daisy." Problem solved

DOJ is looking for intent, and they've got it in spades.

Back
Top Bottom