• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

Those making the loudest noises over Biden's mishandling of classified documents are the same ones who would prefer a senile criminal Republican for president
Nah, it’s about the hypocrisy.

True, but not among Biden's defenders. Hypocrisy is on display with those failing to see the difference between Trump's blatant obstructionism and Biden's honest cooperation.
To me it's the apoplectic behavior of the "Orange Man Bad" troop. They seeth and gnash that he's the new Hitler (he/him). But then their guy does the same shit, but more embarrassingly. Chef's kiss.

Those making the loudest noises over Biden's mishandling of classified documents are the same ones who would prefer a senile criminal Republican for president

True, but not among Biden's defenders. Hypocrisy is on display with those failing to see the difference between Trump's blatant obstructionism and Biden's honest cooperation.
To me it's the apoplectic behavior of the "Orange Man Bad" troop. They seeth and gnash that he's the new Hitler (he/him). But then their guy does the same shit, but more embarrassingly. Chef's kiss.

I agree with you that you see it that way. Thank you for confirming the point made in the comment that you just replied to.

I agree with you that you see it that way. Thank you for confirming the point made in the comment that you just replied to.
Hypocrisy is funny.

There is clearly a breakdown in dealing with classified information in the executive branch independent of who is president at the time. Garland has appointed a special prosecutor counsel to look at the Biden case, which I think is appropriate. There needs to be a neutral party who figures out what is going on and what should be done
Agreed. Reminds me of the whole situation with the classified emails, in which a commonly ignored rule became a hypocritical political football despite being a problem within the common culture of the ruling class independent of party affiliation. And because this is just political theater, nothing will actually change. Obviously Trump will continue to steal classified documents if re-elected, he still refuses to give back any of the existing contraband. But even if he isn't I'm sure we'll hear this story again with new characters, in both parties, for decades to come. Because no one is actually serious about this, it's just a game to keep the papers busy.

A game to those involved, that is. I do see these as serious breaches, I just doubt that Trump or Biden do.

The Democrat, at least, seems to be competent and qualified to do the job.

Are you on board with Biden running 2024?

I think that he is too old for a second term, and I hope that it is his intention not to run. That said, I think that he is both honest and competent to run the government. He has had remarkable success in getting legislation through Congress, which is not surprising, given his experience in government. However, the job is too physically challenging for someone in their 70s, let alone 80s. I don't believe that the Republican Party is capable of fielding a candidate that who would be more honest or more competent, especially given its current inclination to pander to extremist politicians from within its ranks. I would like to believe that Donald Trump was just an aberration, but I think that he is very much a natural outgrowth of their past behavior. They made it possible for someone of his level of dishonesty and corruption to win the nomination for the highest office in government.

Do you honestly not see how it's not "the same shit" or are you just trolling for the enjoyment of the argument?
The analogy I've used is that Biden is like that guy who accidentally backed into your car in the grocery store parking lot and scratched the paint on the bumper. He left a note with his phone number and insurance info so you could sort it out later.

Trump is a hit and run driver who smashed your car, drove off, and barricaded himself in his house when the cops finally caught up with him.

Do you honestly not see how it's not "the same shit" or are you just trolling for the enjoyment of the argument?
The analogy I've used is that Biden is like that guy who accidentally backed into your car in the grocery store parking lot and scratched the paint on the bumper. He left a note with his phone number and insurance info so you could sort it out later.

Trump is a hit and run driver who smashed your car, drove off, and barricaded himself in his house when the cops finally caught up with him.
Oh ok. Now I understand how it’s the same thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Biden is neither honest nor competent or qualified.
He was top of his class!!!!

Amusing coming from the Ilk that panders to stupidity and ignorance. Your hero DJ Trump lied about getting an MBA. The only real intellectual in the GOP is George Santos, with his two Nobel Prizes.

To be determined. This can be an indicator that better protocols are needed for these files or maybe Biden did have them inappropriately. Regardless, what I find interesting is that Biden reps found the docs are reported it, what seems to be almost immediately, to the proper authorities.

And the GOP is upset that the White House didn't make this publicly known fast enough.

Why didn't Biden announce this before the election? Because of the election?! No kidding! But they did report it to the Justice Department before the election. Are they required by law to publicly disclose this? I don't think they likely are.

Hypocrisy really is funny. Trump worse because he misunderstood procedures on declassification. Whereas Biden is just an idiot. LOL.

Hypocrisy really is funny. Trump worse because he misunderstood procedures on declassification. Whereas Biden is just an idiot. LOL.
Misunderstood? He didn't even put it in a post-it note. At best, one could say he misunderstood what declassification (or classification) even was. A document can't be declassified if no one is told that it was declassified!

Trump also allegedly had documents he couldn't declassify if he wanted too due to Federal law governing those types of documents. But yeah, let's just pretend this was all a terrible misunderstanding, where Trump simply didn't understand classification, declassification processes, or the fact that the government owned the documents (not him)... after the government repeatedly told him and his lawyers. And we are also ignoring the minor issue of the witness that led to the warrant in the first, implying that this was a tad bit larger than a mere misunderstanding about all aspects of these documents.

But I thought idiots fail to interpret things. Guess that word has new meaning these day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay. So just trolling. Thanks for answering honestly.

But yeah, let's just pretend this was all a terrible misunderstanding, where Trump simply didn't understand classification, declassification processes, or the fact that the government owned the documents (not him)... after the government repeatedly told him and his lawyers.
Yes, he is that stupid. Especially when it profits him to be that stupid.

These classified documents episodes indicate to me that
1) these laws and rules appear to be onerous to understand and to comply with, and
2) there are probably way too many documents that are "classified" that shouldn't be.

Breaking the rules/law should not excused or condoned. What Trump and Biden did was wrong. In my mind, there is no difference between the two situations. Frankly, in and of itself, I don't think either case is a big deal.

The difference is in the reactions to the discovery. The Biden reaction appears to me to be competent and compliant while the Trump reaction appeared incompetent and uncompliant. The former reaction suggests a benign neglect on the part of the Biden team, while the latter suggests a more malign intent on the part of the Trump team.

In my view, the reactions by the teams to this relative nothing burger reflect on the character of the two men and their teams.

These classified documents episodes indicate to me that
1) these laws and rules appear to be onerous to understand and to comply with, and
2) there are probably way too many documents that are "classified" that shouldn't be.

Breaking the rules/law should not excused or condoned. What Trump and Biden did was wrong. In my mind, there is no difference between the two situations. Frankly, in and of itself, I don't think either case is a big deal.

The difference is in the reactions to the discovery. The Biden reaction appears to me to be competent and compliant while the Trump reaction appeared incompetent and uncompliant. The former reaction suggests a benign neglect on the part of the Biden team, while the latter suggests a more malign intent on the part of the Trump team.

In my view, the reactions by the teams to this relative nothing burger reflect on the character of the two men and their teams.
The big difference is BIden officials took notice and informed the authorities. Trump's situation involved the government saying they wanted their documents back... and lots of obstruction / lying.

What Biden had, why he had it, etc... will determine how big of a deal that is.

Back
Top Bottom